• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade X |OT| I've got a (free, standalone) present for ya!

Syf

Banned
KEgJREs.png

Official Site
Release date: February 25th, 2014 (open beta)
Platform: Windows
Developer: Totem Arts

Download Link

What is Renegade X?
Renegade X is a free, standalone mod based on the original Command & Conquer Renegade using Unreal Engine 3. It features the same innovative merger of FPS/TPS and RTS mechanics in a team-based tactical multiplayer experience of up to 64 players. It can be played in either first- or third-person perspective. Players are assigned to one of two factions: the Global Defense Initiative (GDI) or the Brotherhood of Nod. Each team begins the game with a base consisting of destructible structures that each serve an important function:

Barracks/Hand of Nod: Advanced infantry options
War Factory/Airstrip: Vehicle and aircraft production
Tiberium Refinery: Player income
Power plant: Powers the base defenses
Advanced Guard Tower/Obelisk of Light: Static base defense

The primary objective of each game is to destroy the opposing team's base while defending your own, or have the most points when time expires. It is up to the team to execute the right strategies to make that happen using any combination of the 30 weapons, 15 vehicles and superweapons featured in the game.

Renegade X multiplayer tutorial video

Infantry Options
There are five standard classes for both sides: soldier, shotgunner, grenadier (GDI exclusive), flamethrower (Nod exclusive), marksman and engineer. Players can freely switch between them at any point during the game by accessing a purchase terminal located inside any structure, even if the team's infantry structure has been destroyed. Of note is the engineer, which serves to repair a team's structures and vehicles as well as heal infantry.

Advanced infantry: GDI
The GDI offers ten advanced infantry classes, specializing in brute strength:
-Officer (minigunner) [$175]
-Rocket Soldier [$225]
-McFarland (anti-infantry) [$150]
-Deadeye (sniper) [$500]
-Gunner (advanced rocket soldier) [$400]
-Patch (advanced anti-infantry) [$450]
-Havoc (tier 3 sniper) [$1000]
-Sydney (anti-vehicle) [$1000]
-Mobius (strong vs. all at short-medium range) [$1000]
-Hotwire (advanced engineer) [$350]

Advanced infantry: Nod
The Brotherhood of Nod offers ten advanced infantry classes, specializing in stealth:
-Officer (minigunner) [$175]
-Rocket Soldier [$225]
-Chemical Trooper (anti-infantry) [$150]
-Black Hand Sniper [$500]
-Stealth Black Hand [$400]
-Laser Chaingunner [$450]
-Sakura (tier 3 sniper) [$1000]
-Raveshaw (anti-vehicle) [$1000]
-Mendoza (strong vs. all at short-medium range) [$1000]
-Technician (advanced engineer) [$350]

Vehicles and Aircraft
GDI
The GDI has seven vehicles to choose from, again specializing in brute strength:
-Humvee [$350]
-Armored Personnel Carrier (APC) [$500]
-Mobile Rocket Launcher System [$450]
-Medium Tank [$800]
-Mammoth Tank [$1500]
-Transport Helicopter [$700]
-Orca Fighter [$900]

Nod
The Brotherhood of Nod has eight vehicles to choose from, again specializing in stealth:
-Buggy [$300]
-APC [$500]
-Mobile Artillery [$450]
-Flame Tank [$800]
-Light Tank [$600]
-Stealth Tank [$900]
-Transport Helicopter [$700]
-Apache [$900]

Superweapons
Both factions have their own superweapons that may be purchased at any purchase terminal for $1000 or $700, depending on the tier. GDI players may purchase an ion cannon beacon for $1000 and an A-10 airstrike for $700, while Nod players may purchase a nuclear strike beacon for $1000 and an AC-130 airstrike for $700. Once purchased, players may plant the beacon at any location on the battlefield. Once planted, it will take 30 seconds for the superweapon to fire. During that time, the beacon may be disarmed by the opposing side's engineers so it is important that they be guarded. One superweapon strike will instantly destroy a structure and anyone caught in the blast.

Maps
There are currently seven maps to choose from, with more coming as the beta continues. They are Field, Goldrush, Islands, Lakeside, Mesa II, Walls and Whiteout.

Media
Launch trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bLTYiaqqk
Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=231SH6VF_K8

Minimum:

Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHz processor
2 GB system RAM
SM3-compatible video card
4 GB free hard drive space

Recommended :

Windows Vista 64 SP2
2.0+ GHz multi-core processor
4 GB system RAM
NVIDIA 200 series or higher graphics card
Plenty of HDD space

Useful Console Commands (~)
"stat net" - Display ping
"stat fps" - Display fps
"setres 1920x1080" (for example) - Force custom resolution

Download Link

EXIE

Banned
I have it installed but when I try to load it I get 'built with UDK has stopped working'. Any help?

The Stealth Fox

Yeah, I'm really hoping some 24-32 player servers pop up soon. 64 players can get crazy at times lol.

I've been playing on some servers in Oceania that have lower player counts. Granted, my ping is like 200, but it's pretty fun. When I played traditional Renegade, my ping was always 300 because of my 56k modem, plus the netcode didn't help lol

I like how it partially integrates with Steam if you have it loaded. I was surprised that my username was the same as my Steam username and that the Steam in-game overlay started without having to add it through Steam. I never saw a game do that before.

Syf

Banned
I like how it partially integrates with Steam if you have it loaded. I was surprised that my username was the same as my Steam username and that the Steam in-game overlay started without having to add it through Steam. I never saw a game do that before.
They also use Steam to track stats for leaderboards. It's pretty cool.

Woorloog

Banned
"That was left-handed!"

Guess i'll have to try this out, Renegade was fun (and A Path Beyond was even better, a free stand alone Red Alert total conversion)

Syf

Banned
If they are allowed to do that then are they eventually going to put this up on Steam? I didn't see it on Greenlight so I assume no.
They have said they're looking into Steam and other distribution systems. Probably Origin because it's EA's IP. I'd love to see full Steam integration though.

Syf

Banned
Bug? Game only using 10% of gpu and hovers around 40fps.
Yeah, think so. It's been reported that the beta is having issues with some setups. Unfortunately it looks like the most you can do is make sure all drivers are updated and wait for a patch. The good thing is that the devs have been very active on the forum collecting error reports from people with issues. Hopefully the debug process will go smoothly.

The Stealth Fox

I hope they fix the server lists soon as well as enhance some of the UI stuff with regards to vehicles (I don't know who is in my vehicle or how many people are in it)

The Stealth Fox

Let's all list SBH Nuke counters, as it seems that every pub I join can't defend against it on Walls or Whiteout (which is really hourglass II without automated base defenses).

Syf

Banned
Let's all list SBH Nuke counters, as it seems that every pub I join can't defend against it on Walls or Whiteout (which is really hourglass II without automated base defenses).
It's tough to defend right now with so many people learning the game. Every SBH nuke I've done so far has been easily successful lol. I wonder if using an airstrike on the area would help? Maybe kill the SBH that's hanging around. Or have someone on your team who knows how to use a tank defensively. Spamming to defend that structure over the radio helps too, usually get a few people to realize what's going on that way. And make sure the base entrances are mined off properly.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Oh shit, didn't know this was out. Thanks for the thread.

Renegade was the first FPS I bought with my own money as a kid. Loved it!

The Stealth Fox

It's tough to defend right now with so many people learning the game. Every SBH nuke I've done so far has been easily successful lol. I wonder if using an airstrike on the area would help? Maybe kill the SBH that's hanging around. Or have someone on your team who knows how to use a tank defensively. Spamming to defend that structure over the radio helps too, usually get a few people to realize what's going on that way. And make sure the base entrances are mined off properly.

Actually, I just came up with a strategy that just requires two people to be on defense. On walls, mine the tunnel and have a humvee waiting at the gate? It's the only two routes an SBH can make it through right, and you can see them up close so it's game over.

On whiteout, just have a humvee waiting at the entrance driving back and forth patrolling. They can't jump over the walls with the controllable platforms right?

The main reason why SBH nukes work is because no one watches the base, and here I am as a technician trying to mine buildings.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, so, performance woes.
Dynamic lights eats framerate, but without it some maps feel a tad dark (and upping brightness makes everything look bad). Running with pretty minimal settings, aside from resolution since there is no 1280x720 option (1600x900 laptop), any way to set a custom resolution?

Syf

Banned
Actually, I just came up with a strategy that just requires two people to be on defense. On walls, mine the tunnel and have a humvee waiting at the gate? It's the only two routes an SBH can make it through right, and you can see them up close so it's game over.

On whiteout, just have a humvee waiting at the entrance driving back and forth patrolling. They can't jump over the walls with the controllable platforms right?

The main reason why SBH nukes work is because no one watches the base, and here I am as a technician trying to mine buildings.
Yeah, a good tech player goes a long way towards stopping SBH. Still it's pretty easy for one to hop in and join an APC rush and slip out of the vehicle unnoticed once it's passed the base entrance.

Yeah, so, performance woes.
Dynamic lights eats framerate, but without it some maps feel a tad dark (and upping brightness makes everything look bad). Running with pretty minimal settings, aside from resolution since there is no 1280x720 option (1600x900 laptop), any way to set a custom resolution?
Sorry to hear man. It seems the mod is pretty demanding on hardware right now. But for the resolution, try pressing ~ and typing "setres 1280x720". Or try this, from a dev post:
You can also navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config" wherever you installed Renegade-X. Open UDKSystemSettings.ini and search for "ResX=" and "ResY=" You can set your resolution here. This also can be used if your game isn't remembering resolution changes when you exit.

1280x720 would look like:

ResX=1280
ResY=720

The Stealth Fox

Yeah, a good tech player goes a long way towards stopping SBH. Still it's pretty easy for one to hop in and join an APC rush and slip out of the vehicle unnoticed once it's passed the base entrance.

The APC should make any decent player paranoid enough to comb the base with another dude.

Plus, most SBH nukes I've encountered on public servers aren't via transport, they're just players that run in when things don't look hectic inside the enemy base.

Woorloog

Banned
Sorry to hear man. It seems the mod is pretty demanding on hardware right now. But for the resolution, try pressing ~ and typing "setres 1280x720". Or try this, from a dev post:

Ah, thank you, that's what i need. I hope that solves my problem. If not, i guess i'll have a long process of working through graphics options one by one until i get some light with decent framerate.
Perhaps i'll sacrifice detail level (textures are no problem), LOD is more important anyway, blocking objects not rendering is a problem when shooting...

Syf

Banned
Ah, thank you, that's what i need. I hope that solves my problem. If not, i guess i'll have a long process of working through graphics options one by one until i get some light with decent framerate.
Perhaps i'll sacrifice detail level (textures are no problem), LOD is more important anyway, blocking objects not rendering is a problem when shooting...
Let me know if it did. If not, at least I can say the devs are aware of the beta issues and the first patch is moving right along. It's going to be a process.

Also the style of play on the servers is already balancing out. Players are getting the hang of it and I've been in some very tight and coordinated matches. Such fun. <3

Syf

Banned
Teams finally using effective strategy. I'm remembering why Renegade was my most-played shooter. I love this too man. I just hope they're quick with the first patch to fix some of the glaring issues that people new to the game aren't likely to forgive.

Played it a bit a few days ago and when it works and you're in a team that knows what they're doing, it's pretty great. The gameplay feels pretty clunky though, especially basic stuff like movement and shooting. I'm having problems figuring out why I can't jump over some non-obstacles or if a certain area is even approachable, trying to jump over a low rock and for some reason, managing it after the fifth jump or so. Sure, in time you get used to it, learn the layout of the maps, but moving around and shooting feels very unpolished to me. Although, it looks like full servers tend to lag a bit more (talking about the ones I have low ping with) so maybe that's adding to the whole experience because most of the time it feels like I'm not even hitting the enemy, even with accurate stuff like snipers.

Another thing I'm kind of divided about is the massive choice of different classes/characters to choose from. It's always nice to have choice, but right now I'm not so sure some of them are all that different. It's a bit overwhelming, especially for new players.

On the other hand, I'm loving the whole RTS concept (I liked Renegade back in the day, never played the MP), it's great when the team works together although it didn't happen all that often. In most of the matches I played, they were mostly oriented at the stronger team just infiltrating and sending nuclear strikes/ion cannon on the buildings, with the other team mostly oblivious to the fact that they need to find and disarm the beacon and the rest of the battlefield just being full of pointless cannon fodder.

It's still a very cool idea and I'll probably try it a few more times, see how it goes.

Syf

Banned
Played it a bit a few days ago and when it works and you're in a team that knows what they're doing, it's pretty great. The gameplay feels pretty clunky though, especially basic stuff like movement and shooting. I'm having problems figuring out why I can't jump over some non-obstacles or if a certain area is even approachable, trying to jump over a low rock and for some reason, managing it after the fifth jump or so. Sure, in time you get used to it, learn the layout of the maps, but moving around and shooting feels very unpolished to me. Although, it looks like full servers tend to lag a bit more (talking about the ones I have low ping with) so maybe that's adding to the whole experience because most of the time it feels like I'm not even hitting the enemy, even with accurate stuff like snipers.

Another thing I'm kind of divided about is the massive choice of different classes/characters to choose from. It's always nice to have choice, but right now I'm not so sure some of them are all that different. It's a bit overwhelming, especially for new players.

On the other hand, I'm loving the whole RTS concept (I liked Renegade back in the day, never played the MP), it's great when the team works together although it didn't happen all that often. In most of the matches I played, they were mostly oriented at the stronger team just infiltrating and sending nuclear strikes/ion cannon on the buildings, with the other team mostly oblivious to the fact that they need to find and disarm the beacon and the rest of the battlefield just being full of pointless cannon fodder.

It's still a very cool idea and I'll probably try it a few more times, see how it goes.
All good points. I've put a good 40 hours or so into the beta now and while the core gameplay is there, the mod could definitely use some refinement in the areas you mention. It isn't very friendly to new players. I think the game could use a comprehensive tutorial and an option for in-game tips. For now I've found the quality of games depends largely on the server you play on. I usually play on the rencorner.com AOW server and there's been some great games there. The movement and gunplay feel very rough. I wish they'd just go back to the movement the original game had. And there's some critical bugs around like crashing on map load, the broken in-game server browser and spastic harvesters. Though, on that note..

The first patch will be released within a week. :D

No word yet on which specific issues they're addressing but hopefully it's a good step for the beta.

All good points. I've put a good 40 hours or so into the beta now and while the core gameplay is there, the mod could definitely use some refinement in the areas you mention. It isn't very friendly to new players. I think the game could use a comprehensive tutorial and an option for in-game tips. For now I've found the quality of games depends largely on the server you play on. I usually play on the rencorner.com AOW server and there's been some great games there. The movement and gunplay feel very rough. I wish they'd just go back to the movement the original game had. And there's some critical bugs around like crashing on map load, the broken in-game server browser and spastic harvesters. Though, on that note..

The first patch will be released within a week. :D

No word yet on which specific issues they're addressing but hopefully it's a good step for the beta.

I'm in EU so rencorner gives me about 170 ms ping, but I just played 3-4 matches on thematrixren.com AOW and it was a ton of fun. I used to feel unresponsiveness even in simple things like changing weapons and this time it felt much better. Also, I disabled mouse smoothing and acceleration in the ini files and it seems this was bugging me the whole time, so aiming feels much more responsive now.

It's interesting that the match dynamic feels a bit like Titanfall, where everyone starts on foot, builds up kills and eventually vehicles start coming into play, changing the way the game is played. It's just that RenegadeX has the additional building parts which play a major role on the economy and flow of the match. It's a bit frustrating though when the opposing team destroys a few of your buildings and theirs are still intact, effectively having to play a loosing battle, and sometimes for a long time.

Had a lot of fun this time so I'm sure I'll be playing this for a while. Glad to hear patches are on the way, and it's a fan project as well as a beta so a lot of the quirks are understandable.

Syf

Banned
how big is the file size?
64 players max? damn i'm definitely interested now
It's a 1.6 GB download. And actually the 64 player cap has been temporarily lowered to 40 while they work on the netcode due to vehicles lagging quite a bit when there were that many people on a server. Hopefully it's one of the issues being addressed with this first patch.

Silky

Banned
The game's interesting, but I don't think the tutorial provided in the launcher does a good job explaining the RTS mechanics

Syf

Banned
So instead of a patch the developers have decided to release an entirely new build. And it was just released today! Looking at the change log, it's fixing nearly every problem I can think of that the first beta release had. Specifically important changes are bolded.

[download link]

Open Beta 2: Change list

Balance / Gameplay Fixes:

Airstrike Deploy time increased slightly
Airstrike Beams are more visible
Airstrike Reduced damage and splash damage
Airstrike Price increased to 800 credits

Fixed not losing Sidearms in MP
Fixed hitting left Alt (walking mode) and releasing it while in ADS allowing you to go back to normal speed while staying in ADS
Fixed Stealth Tank kicking up dirt after it has been shot once (till it fired and cloaked again)
Gun/Rocket Emplacements now have the same health as an MRLS/Arty
Gun/Rocket Emplacement now has a longer respawn time
Gun/Rocket emplacement damage and range
Fixed bolt action reload weapon fast firing bug
Fixed bots being able to see cloaked units
Fixed being able to lock onto cloaked units
Artillery's projectile speed increased to counter arch's impact on difficulty
Mammoth Tank speed reduced
Stealth Tank missile range reduced
MRLS Lock Tolerance reduced
Machine Pistol has infinite ammo
Machine Pistol damage reduce slightly
Railgun / PIC have faster rate of fires
All bullet firing vehicles have faster bullet projectiles
Mammoth Missiles use a different particle effect
Mammoth Missiles damage reduced
A cloaked Stealth Tank can be seen from further away
Guard Tower projectile travels faster
Added a GDI/Nod version of the SMG/Machine Pistol so that GDI/Nod have colour coded bullets like AR
Fixed C4 that destroyed a vehicle also damaged the ejected driver
Reduced default deathcrate probability to 0%
Grenade damage & splash radius reduced
Grenade equip & reload times increased

UI:

Fixed an issue where above medium texture settings would cause graphical lighting issues.
Added bobbing intractable arrow over targeted units
Changed "E to enter" to show over the interactable arrow
Enemy nickname can hide behind dynamic objects
Added proper localization strings for Rx_Game. Primarily, this shows "C&C Mode" on the loading screen instead of "Team Deathmatch"
Added GameVersion, MapName to servers fetching for server list
Now server list (in game) will only add servers that are same version as game
Fixed PT not closing when in PT while the map ends
Fixed one frame lag on targeting box
Defenses controlled by AI no longer show enter-able arrow
Enterable arrow, intractable message, and showing your own player name are all now toggle-able via ini
Implement ping, and map name as well as mapImage in the server browser
Fixed the issue on joining the wrong server in server browser ingame after sorting
Reworked parsing the resolution list.
Fixed ingame menu's "suicide"
Added ability to target purchase terminals and MCTs
Added tips when parachuting, or targeting Tech, or Enemy MCTs. These can be toggled
Gave everything its own unique DamageType, so that the specific Weapon/Vehicle used can be identified
Fixed up some death messages showing the wrong icon. (Does not fix Headshots or RunOvers)
Fixed dying while in PT screen didn't close the PT and then buying something spawned you at the middle of the map
Chat message duration is now three times longer and chat line count is now twice as much
Implement a dllbind to check which graphic card adapter the player use. This is be used for checking adapter specific settings such as FXAA and MLAA settings, APEX, etc
Added a temporary column for scoreboard for ping values. Ping has been implemented ingame scoreboard
Added a header for server name in scoreboard UI
Video settings will now exit its settings window once it is successfully applied its settings
Fixed the missing Tiberium Autorifle icons and Tiberium Flechette icons for previous and next weapons in HUD
Fixed the GDI PT shortcut issue where using the Chinook hotkey purchased an Orca and the Orca hotkey did not work
User messages (names and chat messages) displayed on the HUD can no longer be parsed as HTML
Can now donate via console using name matches with "donate" command

Maps:

Fixed collision issue with Refinery which allowed you to place a beacon in a non-disarm-able place next to the silo
Weapons Factory ramps now have a collision piece which prevents beacons to be placed in non-disarm-able location

Islands:

GDI can no longer base to base from their vantage point

GDI MRLS can no longer bombard Nod ref from their side of the field
Added invisible barriers at both GDI/Nod vantage points
Reduced screen dust effect

Walls:

Fixed vehicle collision blockers which were deemed invalid.
GDI base cannot be entered through use of exploit anymore
Landscape LODs faster for increased performance.
Slightly moved pyramids over for extra visibility
Fixed GDI right side collision issue

Whiteout:

Added tunnels (Work in Progress)

Field:

Updated lighting
Map made slightly brighter
Reduced fog effect on field

Lakeside:

Disabled blurry post process along the river
Removed all dynamic level events
Various fixes and updates
New rock textures

Mesa:

Disabled screen rain drop effect
Fixed super loud lightning sounds
Reduced fog values by 50% per emitter

Goldrush:

Moved GuardTowers to cover more ground.
Added more armour to (sniper) watchtowers.
GDI bridge is now a tighter chokepoint.
Hand of Nod is now more easily accessible to GDI infantry
End of the Nod bridge has gained some cover for GDI / Nod to utilize to balance with GDI bridge
Nod can no longer bypass GDI bridge and go straight into the river

Performance:

Disabled speed tree leaves and fronds on all graphics settings, as they seemed to be causing crashes for some users, and we don't use them at all
Doors no longer replicates open/close states. It's completely simulated locally now
Vehicle seats now replicate properly

Others:

Crashing on map change reduced considerably if not removed entirely. (No internal test crash was reported)
Fixed check for endgame announcement.
Parachute, boink, and credit flow sounds now have proper sound classes and should have their volumes be adjusted when the appropriate volume setting is tweaked
Added new Automatic Rifle animations and sounds
Added ping functionality
Reduced intro volume
Fixed a critical bots bug where it was possible to crash the server
Removed Building Repaired EVA sound for the time being
Added bBotsDisabled server parameter and added it to the server settings info list
Increased vote time to 30 seconds
Changed voting system so it should be easier to pass/fail votes.
Hacks that allowed entering the enemy PTs should not work anymore
Removed the reward message stuff so there should be no UT3 announcer
Added "recordDemo" command that lets you start a 2 minute long serverside demo without having to be logged in as admin
Added the ability to see player IPs in Demos
Added a ClientList command that displays Player ID, IP, SteamID, Team and Name of all connected clients
- Can be used in-game by logging into admin/moderator then using "AdminClientList"
- Can be used remotely by executing "LogClientList"
Added the ability for us to globally ban IPs and IP masks aswell as Steam-IDs
Changed MaxPlayers default to 40
Added a random team swap option for use with clanwars until auto-league integration is up
Added a delay between allowing name changes
No two players can have the same name

Added a server-customisable message filter
Added log message for player name changes
Temporarily removed Rcon Whitelist and Banning due to UDK bug giving the wrong IP
'\n', '\t' and 'nbsp' in Chat Messages or Names now get replaced with a normal space
Updated log messages to be nicer to parse, tokens are separated by nbsp

New soundtrack collection available.

[download link]

The Stealth Fox

I STRONGLY encourage people to get the latest build. Lots of overall UI improvemnts and just overall gameplay improvements. Next patch is going to be content, including C&C complex. Also, an auto-patcher is in the works.

The Stealth Fox

Beta 3 is up! Changelist:

Optimizations:
- Weapon Texture resolutions have been reduced to a max of 1024x1024.
- Unnecessary textures due to shader optimization such as Gloss maps and reflection maps have been removed.
- 3rd person weapon meshes now only have a single material slot for a single draw call.
- All mesh LODs for 3rd person weapons have been updated.
- First person arms mesh now uses a combined single texture map / material for less draw calls. At the same time this also fixes the stealth effect on the arms not working right due to more than one material.
- Optimized all characters (draw calls, textures & shaders).
- Gold Rush & Mesa II: - optimized collision, reduced lightmap sizes, optimized certain LODs, smaller filesize.
- Optimized silo light map sizes.
- Added a PT scene specific C-130 which is cropped and has much smaller light map size,
- PT actors moved server side, and replicated to clients
- Opening/Closing PT is now completely client-side

Fixes:
- No longer uses seamless loading. Could *possibly* fix crashing at game end.
- Fixed a few shader issues with hovercraft, gunboat, and C-130.
- Fixed issue with version check not evaluating the version number correctly.
- Fixed shotgun and ramjet reticles always showing as yellow.
- Fixed the air vehicles being purchased in non-air maps using the key press.
- Fixed being able to heal over Max Armour.
- Fixed a bug where if a player tried to enter another player's locked vehicle directly after it was produced, it would stop driving and not clear the spawn location.
- HUD now actually calls the clean-up functions and also made it clean some extra references. Possible crash reduction.
- Fixed the PT UI memory crash.
- Restore enemy minimap blip visibily when targeting.
- 1st person reloading animation no longer gets overridden by sprinting animation.
- 1st person sprinting animation should now automatically play after switching to a different weapon whilst sprinting.
- Fixed clients not seeing and hearing Airstrike aircraft if the Airstrike target area was out of sight.
- Fixed being able to continue to repair 100% Friendly Tech Buildings.
- Fixed Apache rockets being fired from the gun socket when playing as a client on a dedicated server.
- Fixed Missile Launcher first person clipping through camera in some resolutions
- Main Menu map will no longer show aspect ratio bars
- Fixed lighting on the mammoth tank in the main menu
- Fixed an issue that would cause spy crates to not set the spy flag if it changed your pawn (ie, going from non-SBH character to SBH and vice versa).
- Fixed not being able to heal armour if the heal had 0 armour.
- Fixed potential occurrence of being able to heal someone who is dead if they still had some armour when they died.
- Fixed issue with beacons destroying buildings that they are very far by using the bounding
- Fixed issue where player’s weapon ammo count did not update after leaving vehicles
- Fixed infinite reserve ammo infantry weapons not showing as infinite in multiplayer.
- Fixed respective ammo counters not updating when switching to a weapon with 0 usable or reserve ammo
- Fixed SBH not lighting up properly when getting shot while cloaked
- Fixed Stealth tank not lighting up properly when getting shot while cloaked
- Fixed Stank often being and staying visible from any distance after getting shot

Tweaks:
- Added 60 second per-client cooldown for calling votes, so grievers can't prevent others from calling votes.
- Vehicle explosions no longer do damage.
- Added TeamDonate command.
- Entering 0 into a Donate command now donates all credits.
- Slight change to the client list output to make it easier for people parsing.
- Restored playing Building Repaired sound. Building repair sound will not play if the building hadn't fallen below 85% health. Building repair sound replay cooldown is set to static 10 seconds versus 6-10 range.
- Remove one thread frame lag, hardware physics, and speedtree in the settings, as they are not usable and performance hogging.
- Hud Game Time now shows Elapsed Time if in a no-time limit match.
- Added disallowed nicknames to Rx_Game. Very short names, or names containing certain reserved values are not allow (e.g. "-----").
- Added 0.5 second delay to re-access purchase terminal to disallow refill spam. Updated hud indicators to show non-accessible PT while the delay in in progress to avoid confusion.
- Updated sniper, ramjet and shotgun reticles.
- Going to first person in vehicles now zooms in for precise long shots.
- Camera shows map overview at end of match, instead of "winning" player.
- Scoreboard is now delayed about 10 seconds after the game is over.
- Player main HUD will now be removed before the scoreboard is shown after the game is over.
- Removed legacy building damage system which operated within the levels
- Added new building damage system which is handled entirely within the actor classes
- Updated base weapon shader to include a global simplified cubemap reflection, and also improved specularity by interpolating sharpness based on Fresnel to make highlights appear sharper with harsher facing angles which improves first person specularity considerably.
- Updated various weapon first person positioning
- Rocket Launcher, Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Flak Cannon, and Heavy pistol now have proper explosion lights
- Ramjet Rifle has updated impact effects
- Current weapon will no longer perform weapon switching on the same weapon while reloading. this is to prevent a glitch on the arm mesh being visible.
- Ramjet and sniper now have dots on their reticle
- Artillery now has an ordinary tank crossair because of the reduced arch
- Updated explosion particle effects
- Barracks now has an improved interior, and now goes red at destruction state, it also has proper damage material changes like the other buildings
- Carbine and Tactical rifle now have a subtle more aim-able firing animation when aiming down sights
- renamed reduced gore to enabled gore to avoid major confusion.
- Carbine and Tiberium Auto Rifle will now be unequipped on the back of the character rather than the where the pistol is holstered.
- Enabled post process in the system settings for very low preset settings
- Removed the HTML filter from EVA messages as they don’t seem to get fully parsed as HTML
- Spotting an SBH will now give a "Spotted SBH near X !!!" message instead of just the usual "Spotted 1 infantry near X"
- Previously you could never use spotting on an SBH when it was cloaked. Now you can do a spot message for a short time after it got hit even when its cloaked
- Enemy Beacons as well as friendly Beacons can now be targeted with 'Q' to display a message about their location for your teammates
- Upgraded the new DeployedActor building hit detection to more accurately support the varied shapes of buildings.
- Added vehicle blocker volumes at the doors of the WF to prevent vehicles from being able to drive inside it on all maps
- Orca's engine sound volume reduced to match that of Apache's

New:
- Replaced old java launcher with a brand-new WPF launcher. Pretty UI, update checks, community banners and more!
- Added new shotgun first person animations.
- Added new Marksman Rifle first person animations.
- Added new Tiberium Flechette Rifle model, animations, and sounds.
- Missile Launcher has new sound effects.
- Missile launcher has new first person animations.
- Silos now broadcast team EVA/Cabal sounds on Capture and Loss.
- Settings options menu can be accessed through the pause menu.
- Scoreboard system in pause nenu.
- Chat system in pause menu.
- GDI bought some less blurry siding for their barracks.
- Donate menu in pause menu.
- Added new end game camera fly through & music sequences
- End game scoreboard vote menu UI now displays timer and next map
- Added new Black Hand Sniper / Laser Chain Gunner character model
- Added Option "Use Classic Ren Team Color Names" in the Input settings for both Frontend and Pause Menu.
- Renegade player info (namely Score and Credits) are now saved between reconnects.
- Added EVAPrivateSay, a server command that allows the server to privately message a player as "EVA". Comes in a lighter, more cyany blue.
- Added Anti-Tank mines in the weapon section (non-refillable)
- Added EMP Grenades in the weapon section (non-refillable)

Balance:
Autorifle:
- Rate of Fire reduced to match classic renegade.
- Damage vs armoured vehicles increased.
- Projectile speed and range increased.
- Headshot damage increased.
- Spread increase, max spread, and base spread reduced.

Shotgun:
- Shotguns can now do headshots.
- Shotgun headshot damage multiplier reduced to 1.5.

Missile Launcher:
- Alt fire no longer tracks targets.
- Missile launcher building damage tweaked to be almost equal to gunner's rocket launcher in terms of damage per second against buildings.
- Alt fire projectile speed increased.

Tiberium Flechette:
- Reduced based spread and spread increase per shot.
- Range increased.

Flak Cannon:
- Reduced damage of both primary and alt fire
- Reduced projectile speed
- Reduced splash damage of alt fire

Flame Thrower:
- Added new volumetric projectiles that will damage targets within the volume instead of a traditional projectile
- reduced range
- reduced damage vs infantry to compensate for volumetric projectile

Chemical Thrower:
- Added new volumetric projectiles that will damage targets within the volume instead of a traditional projectile
- reduced range
- reduced damage vs infantry to compensate for volumetric projectile
- removed gravity influence
- Updated projectile effect

Chaingun:
- Rev up time reduced with quicker rate of fire.
- Rev down time increased slightly.
- Projectile speed reduced.
- Maximum range increased.
- Now fires armour piercing rounds which can damage heavy armour and has small radial damage on infantry.
- Increased horizontal recoil.
- Spread increase, and max spread reduced.
- Removed ADS.

Laser Chaingun:
- Rev up state fires shots in the same time.
- Max range increased.
- Horizontal recoil increased.
- Head shot damage increased.
- Removed ADS.

Laser Rifle:
- Max range increased.

Grenade Launcher:
- Damage radius reduced slightly.

Heavy Pistol:
- Maximum rate of fire increased.

Silenced Pistol:
- Spread increase and max spread reduced.

Volt auto rifle:
- Spread increase, max spread, and base spread reduced for both primary and alt fire.
- Increase maximum range.

Airstrike:
- Deploy time reduced slightly.
- Blast radius on increased slightly
- Damage increased slightly

APCs:
- Now fire armour piercing rounds similar to the chaingun.
- Projectile range increased.
- Rate of fire increased.
- Spread increased.
- Reload time increased.

MRLS:
- Range increased to match Artillery's range.

Humvee/Buggy:

Apache:
- Doubled missile count
- Reduced missile damage slightly
- Increased missile reload time to compensate for increased pay load
- Increased gun ammo count
- Reduced gun reload time
- Increased vehicle health slightly

Orca:
- Bullet Rate of fire increased.
- Bullet Damage reduced slightly to compensate for increased ammo and rate of fire.
- Doubled missile count
- Reduced missile damage slightly
- Increased missile reload time to compensate for increased pay load
- Increased gun ammo count
- Reduced gun reload time
- Increased vehicle health slightly

Chinook:
- Projectile range increased.

Artillery:
- Artillery projectile gravity pull reduced to give less of an arch.
- Artillery explosion blast radius increased.

Medium Tank / Light Tank:
- Recoil shake reduced.

Light Tank / Medium Tank / Mammoth Tank
- Range increased slightly.
- Explosion blast radius increased slightly.

Flame Tank:
- Increased turret turn rate

Mammoth Tank:
- Increased vehicle speed
- Increased vehicle turning rate
- Increased missile range
- Increased missile damage
- Increased missile reload time

Characters:
- Reduced hitbox radius.
- Stealth effect has more clarity but has the same distance reveal radius
- Added a dynamic offset to the third person camera when aiming very high/low, so that the crosshair isn't obstructed by the player model (in like 96% of cases)
- Updated character rag doll physics to be less limber and stiffer with less collapsing into itself

Maps:

Walls_flying:
- Added vehicle blocking volumes to all 8 wall infantry ramps (stop vehicles getting on top of the walls)
- Added extra blocking volumes to boarders (stop players climbing the rocks)
- Added vehicle blocking volume to the middle of the hill (stop aircraft from getting stuck on the walkways)

Whiteout:
- Fixed some spots were vehicles could get in to the infantry only paths

Field:
- Updated minimap on field so that the silo is not a barn

Islands:
- Fixed collision bug on GDI tunnels.

Goldrush:
- Removed floating Tiberium crystal

Volcano:
- Bran new remake of Volcano

Xmountain:
- Remake of the UT3 RenX fan map by Kenz3001 remade by Kenz3001 himself!

Denton

Damn, just seen a trailer for this, nostalgia overload.
Looking forward to finished version, I loved original Renegade. Such underrated game.

Top Bottom