• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V Servers shut down March 20th - AC Verdict Day unaffected.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Didn't see anything pop up on GAF regarding this, and I doubt too many people that care already don't know but just in case you had your eye on this game.

InoQjDU.png

While this game had rather polar reception among its fans, I had a great deal of fun doing co-op missions online and trying for S ranks with a friend, though we never really participated that much in the territory take over stuff.

Good-bye ACV, at least there is always ACVD!

Tapejara

Hmm, I've always meant to try out an Armored Core game. Guess I should get around to picking up Verdict Day soon.

Papstr

Neo Member
How active is Verdict Day still on 360 and Ps3? I've been meaning to pick it up, and if they're still active, I'd like to go with the one that has the most activity.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How active is Verdict Day still on 360 and Ps3? I've been meaning to pick it up, and if they're still active, I'd like to go with the one that has the most activity.

Verdict Day has its active core around peak hours, you're more likely to find co-op matches than VS matches though. The game is great honestly, especially if you love building your mech for a specific role.

Slermy

Damn, I picked this up on the cheap and never opened it.

I pray this gets us one step closer to Chromehounds 2.

Persona7

Banned

I've been told it has a good amount of players around peak times. You can find it for 20 bucks new.

Coxy

oh what absolute bullshit to shut it down on such short notice, I was working my way through the plat and had done the really hard stuff like all sub missions and S ranks

ReaperXL7

I'll never understand why companies don't patch games like this to allow for player hosted servers once they choose to shut down the online. I'm sure it would be easy, but it would save them some face instead of just saying fuck you to the people who still enjoy playing the game.

Ken

Fun game. Just wish it was smoother to get into games at launch with a party; really killed my interest fast waiting around for a match for 20+ minutes.

Coxy

if anyone wants to try and get the online trophies and stuff done before the servers shutdown you can message me on psn at Zieghardt or join my team ingame Gallian Militia

ujnhunter

Neo Member
Guessing they already patched this game on the Xbox 360? I just popped it in last night and I don't see any Online components accessible. :\ Bummer. Really miss the old days of Multiplayer where you had the option of LAN or Split Screen as well as Online modes. All these servers being shutdown makes me sad. Think of all the cool games you can't play anymore. Spikeout: Battle Street anyone? :)

I'll never understand why companies don't patch games like this to allow for player hosted servers once they choose to shut down the online. I'm sure it would be easy, but it would save them some face instead of just saying fuck you to the people who still enjoy playing the game.

Perhaps consoles make poor servers?

Dire

Armored Core 5 VD is a huge leap over AC 5 for anybody that hasn't picked it up yet.

The frame rate is massively improved, weapons are more balanced and UNACs!! UNACs are programmable ACs that you can completely customize in every way and they change the game for the better in so many ways. The only downside is that there are no longer any particularly epic story missions. All of them are very short and the difficulty is not terribly high...... until you unlock hardcore mode.

I'm not sure what they mean that a final patch will be added to allow you to continue the offline experience of AC5. Been a while since I played it but, so far as I recall, it worked just fine offline.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I'm not sure what they mean that a final patch will be added to allow you to continue the offline experience of AC5. Been a while since I played it but, so far as I recall, it worked just fine offline.

I can only assume that they'll be making the online only bosses available for offline play.

Top Bottom