• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hironobu Sakaguchi Gets an Xbox One with Titanfall

2O4YWqZ.png

Lost Odyssey 2 incoming?

Such a shame. I was hoping that he changed his mind this gen.

Dark_castle

Heh... I just posted about that on my Twitter. Will be interesting to see how the rest of Japan feels. Especially with those other Japanese game teases Microsoft posted about.

(http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ing-japanese-ones-cant-wait-to-announce-them/)

I'd legit be willing to up and sell my PS4 and go the Xbox One route if the games were legit hype worthy. To me, it's all about the Japanese games.

Persona and Tales aren't leaving the PS console any time soon.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Cmagus

I really hope he make more games. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey were easily my favourite two JRPG's of last gen he can do no wrong in my books.

Soriku

Heh... I just posted about that on my Twitter. Will be interesting to see how the rest of Japan feels. Especially with those other Japanese game teases Microsoft posted about.

(http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03...ing-japanese-ones-cant-wait-to-announce-them/)
I
I'd legit be willing to up and sell my PS4 and go the Xbox One route if the games were legit hype worthy. To me, it's all about the Japanese games.

You'd almost certainly regret it later, unless you plan on buying a PS4 back anyway.

Tales won't, but I could see Persona (the main series, not the fighting spin-off) becoming a multi-platform game (due to it's success and the fact that Sega will be publishing it now)

P5 is PS3 exclusive.

Tales won't, but I could see Persona (the main series, not the fighting spin-off) becoming a multi-platform game (due to it's success and the fact that Sega will be publishing it now)

No they won't and outside of binary domain and Sonic, I don't think Sega Japan really gives a fuck about XBOX. Yakuza and Miku don't even touch that platfirm and PSU on XB flopped iirc.

Zetta

I don't care on what system he makes a game, I would play. A Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey sequel would be great.

Dugna

It's Atlus publishing it they are their own thing now. Only owned by Sega SAMMY not the Sega game part.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's Atlus publishing it they are their own thing now. Only owned by Sega SAMMY not the Sega game part.

No they won't and outside of binary domain and Sonic, I don't think Sega Japan really gives a fuck about XBOX. Yakuza and Miku don't even touch that platfirm and PSU on XB flopped iirc.

P5 is PS3 exclusive.
I just meant that Persona has a more realistic chance of appearing on the Xbox One than Tales does (sadly though, my favorite Tales game is on the 360 and it's a shame people won't play it because of that fact)

Biker19

Banned
Honestly dude, Japan is going to be on last gen for quite some time. Better get used to it.

Agreed. If anything, most Japanese 3rd party games are going to be on PS3/PS4, 3DS, Vita, & mobile. They're no longer putting out games for Xbox 360, nor will they probably do any for Xbox One, save for the biggest hitters like MGS V, FF XV, & KH III.

Most 3rd party Japanese publishers have already woken up as to where most of their audience for their games are.

koutoru

He is literally one of the very few Japanese developers that has an Xbox One right now (or has shown any interest in developing for it, for that matter.).

jeremy1456

He is literally one of the very few Japanese developers that has an Xbox One right now (or has shown any interest in developing for it, for that matter.).

I will have to take your word for it because I don't personally know any Japanese developers.

New Sakaguchi JRPG + Exclusive Platinum Games Project + $300 price cut and I'll buy an X1. My guess is late 2016, early 2017 is when I'll finally get around to it.

Top Bottom