• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

J-Stars Victory VS |OT| - No friendship or effort, only victory here

Shinriji

Jt6RlxL.jpg

Welcome to the Official Thread of J-STARS VICTORY VERSUS. This year is the celebration of the 45th anniversary of the Weekly Jump manga magazine, so Bandai Namco created a battle royale fighting game with characters from several popular Jump series.

CN7GPVw.gif

MANLY INFORMATION

DEVELOPERS: Spike Chunsoft (Budokai Tenkaichi series)
PUBLISHER: Bandai Namco Games
CATEGORY: 3D Fighting Game (2 vs 2)
PLATFORMS: PS Vita / PS3
RELEASE DATE: March 19, 2014
REVIEWS: 32/40 (Famitsu)
FEATURES: Online Play (2 vs 2), Local and Ad Hoc multiplayer, Cross Save, AR App (Vita version only).

GAME-0009833.jpg
GAME-0009835.jpg

HOT-BLOODED CHARACTERS (Click on the name for character videos)

DRAGON BALL: Goku / Vegeta / Freeza
NARUTO: Naruto / Sasuke / Madara Uchiha
ONE PIECE: Luffy / Boa Hancock / Akainu / Ace
BLEACH: Ichigo / Aizen
YUYU HAKUSHO: Yusuke / Hiei / Toguro (Young)
HUNTER X HUNTER: Gon / Killua
HOKUTO NO KEN: Kenshiro / Raoh
TORIKO: Toriko / Zebra
RUROUNI KENSHIN: Kenshin / Shishio
JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: Jonathan Joestar / Joseph Joestar
DR. SLUMP: Arale
GINTAMA: Gintoki
SAINT SEIYA: Seiya
BELZEBUB: Oga & Beel
JIGOKU SENSEI NU~BE: Nueno
REBORN! – Tsuna
MEDAKA BOX - Medaka
ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM - Koro Sensei
KUSUO SAKI NO SAINAN: Kusuo Saki
KOCHIKAME: Ryotsu
SAKIGAKE! OTOKOJUKU: Momotarou
CHINYUKI: Taro
TOTEMO! LUCKYMAN: Luckyman
BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO: Bobobo-bo

GAG STRIKERS

Kagura (Gintama) / Hisoka (HxH) / Rukia (Bleach) /Kuroko (Kuroko no Basket) / Kirisaki Chitoge (Nisekoi) / Allen (D. Gray-man) / Neuro (Neuro) / Jaguar (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar) / Sket Dance / Kumagawa (Medaka Box) / Lala (To Love Ru) / Haikyu / Heihachi (Sakigake! Otokojuku)

DOKI DOKI STAGES

- Planet Namek (DBZ)
- Konoha (Naruto)
- Juppongatana Fortress (Kenshin)
- Dark Tournament Stadium (YYH)
- Alabasta (OP)
- Goddess Athena Statue (Saint Seiya)
- Vegetable Sky (Toriko)
- Soul Society (Bleach)
- Kaenmari Square (Kochikame)
- Tengoku (Gintama)
- Penguin Village (Dr. Slump)
- Tenchou Gorin Arena (Sakigake! Otokojuku)

SPOILER SCREENSHOTS

b9Vn5JM.jpg
JgfY7Ve.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axd88nNWAFE&feature=youtu.be

COMMUNITY - ENEMY FIRST, FRIEND LATER

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VVVKTFhzalJ6OE1IbDVmV0poWWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Special Thanks to VitaGAF, Shaowebb (gifs), Baekshi (Community GDoc), Gintama GAF Fandom

LcssjTv.gif

Most excellent! I should also hopefully have this about a week after launch if the mail is kind. Seriously pre-ordered it (Vita version) based on Gintoki's inclusion alone. Everything else is a bonus. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Luigi87

oh god, I keep going back and forth on ordering this...
I thought I was safe when AmiAmi and Nippon-Yasan both sold out, but they've since both restocked...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wish I had the money to import the Vita version, especially since there probably won't be DLC for this, but my budget.....guess I'll wait for it to get cheaper, see what that "Awakened Legends Vs." URL that Namco trademarked turns out to be, & wait for the Story Mode to get translated.

& seems the Famitsu score is on par with the two DS games, as Superstars got a 32, & Ultimate Stars got a 30.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
After seeing Unlimited World Red being announced & having its URL being registered around the same time, I'm starting to hope this might actually get localized.

I hope it's import friendly.
Hard to say. I assume the menus won't be hard to learn, but there's a Story Mode with dialogue and it seems a separate mode (Victory Road) where you have to battle under special conditions, which seems similar to the main mode of Jump Ultimate Stars. I guess single player = not really, multiplayer = shouldn't be too bad.

Westlo

Kumagawa da gawd needs to get elevated to the main cast first and foremost when it comes to any potential J-Stars Victory 2.

Oh damn, this is next week already? Curse my lack of money!

I really want to try out many characters, but mostly Tsuna, I really wanted him to be playable in dying will mode in JUS but he was just the 6 koma specials. Now I could finally play with him properly :D

Anyways, no local vs outside of Vita right? That's gonna be a pain :/

I guess single player = not really, multiplayer = shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah that's what I'm expecting, but it's only gonna be much of an issue the first days. I imagine there will be a mission translation relatively soon.

Here we go! I've been hyped for this ever since they announced Oga Tatsumi's inclusion.

Make way for the Badass Baby Brawler.

EDIT: I'm guessing some people here, may want to see more gameplay then what was shown. So about 2 weeks ago, someone recorded numerous videos of their gameplay on a demo kiosk. Here are some of them from my post in the other thread (it's off-screen so it's not perfect).

Here it is, just skip to a character you want to see fight. Just to let you know, it is someone playing a demo. So don't expect 100 hit combos, technical moves, or professional play.

Ohhhh yeah baby!

Nice OT! I'll add myself to the list but I dunno if I'll use my English or Japanese account.

I'll be getting it digitally and I have a good idea of who my main team will be. It's too bad Yoh didn't make it, but I found an interesting replacement.

Y0dablm.jpg

+ Kumagawa (why didn't he get a figure!) and Kuroko (who didn't arrive yet)

Only missing Eyeshield 21 (though I think Nintendo's license for the games may have been an issue...?), but solid selection nonetheless!

Now to wait for a NA/EU localization...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Horribly tempted to import just to have Gintoki in a fighting game.

But hey, that localization tease sure would be nice!

GooeyHeat

Jonathan Joestar is a really odd choice to me. I mean, I'm not complaining about there finally being a crossover game that features JJBA and doesn't have Jotaro, but it's still an odd choice to not have any Stand users at all. Shoulda put in Josuke (either one).

Not like it matters, because if I end up getting this I'll just play as Bobobo 200% of the time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
No Yugi or Kinnikuman is fucking bullshit.

Gintoki and BoBoBo pleases me, however. Too bad none of the other characters got in...I'd kill for a playable Katsura/Elizabeth tag-team.

Speaking of which, when's the Gintama Anime gonna come back? It's been a year without any episodes. :(

Jonathan Joestar is a really odd choice to me. I mean, I'm not complaining about there finally being a crossover game that features JJBA and doesn't have Jotaro, but it's still an odd choice to not have any Stand users at all. Shoulda put in Josuke (either one).

Well, pretty sure it has much more to do with those two being the Jojos with a recent anime than anything else. I mean, this game seems to be focusing more on the animes than the mangas for the most part.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably can't link since it has a scan on the page, but according to Siliconera, the boss of J-Stars is called "Dark Phantom", who is able to mimic the characters & their powers.

Just to let people know, more info was released. This was already confirmed about a week ago, but there will be unlockable characters. They will be unlocked in the Mario Party type of way. You gain J-Points in the game from playing challenge mode, story mode, or VS mode. You then go to the J-Store in the game, and buy the characters you want. I'm guessing the demo characters will be playable at first. So Luffy, Goku, Toriko, Ichigo, Naruto, and Kenshin. I'm guessing everyone else will be unlockable (especially since Ryotsu is locked and he was revealed with Gintoki).

So if you like unlocking characters like me, this is good news. If you don't, then it's not a difficult way to unlock them. Just unlock the ones you want the most, and then keep going along.

From the new screenshots it's confirmed that Ryotsu, Gintoki, Tsuna, Koro-sensei, Kusuo and Momotaro are not starter characters.

Well, pretty sure it has much more to do with those two being the Jojos with a recent anime than anything else. I mean, this game seems to be focusing more on the animes than the mangas for the most part.
Yeah, but I got to thinking that this is out right before season 3 starts airing, so why not make Jonathan/Joseph into Jotaro/Dio to promote that?

no dio is a crime #boycottnamcobandai

Since we're talking about character disappointments so early in the thread, I guess I'll give my two cents. I really wished Bossun (Sket Dance) was playable. He was my 2nd most wanted character behind Oga. I would have loved to snipe people across the map, and use Bossun's scanning skills. At least he's support, I guess.

From the new screenshots it's confirmed that Ryotsu, Gintoki, Tsuna, Koro-sensei, Kusuo and Momotaro are not starter characters.

I'm surprised that Gintoki isn't going to be one of the first 6 playable. I thought they would have went the demo route? So maybe the first 6 will be Goku, Luffy, Ichigo, Toriko, Naruto, and Kenshin. Since those 6 were the first revealed.

Kenshiro in means you are all already dead. Lol atatataatataatatataattaata. Glad to see best joestar make it in also(joeseph).

Top Bottom