• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble eBook Bundle 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay What You Want:
Wil Wheaton - The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Holly Black - Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale
Steven Gould - Jumper
Various - Zombies Versus Unicorns - An Anthology

Beat The Average:
Yahtzee Croshaw - Mogworld
Scott Westerfeld - Uglies
John Scalzi - The God Engines
Dia Reeves - Bleeding Violet
Ryan North - To Be or Not to Be
Mercedes Lackey - Arcanum 101

For any $15+ order:
Cory Doctorow - Homeland (audiobook, narrated by Wil Wheaton)

Charities: Science Fiction Writers of America Emergency Medical Fund and Worldreader.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Cyan

Banned
Decent charities, not a great bundle. I would probably read the Yahtzee book, but don't have any interest in the rest. Well, maybe Holly Black, I'm curious to read her stuff.

Uglies is pretty bad. :/

Decent charities, not a great bundle. I would probably read the Yahtzee book, but don't have any interest in the rest. Well, maybe Holly Black, I'm curious to read her stuff.

Uglies is pretty bad. :/

Honestly the whole INTERNET PERSONALITIES WRITE BOOKS nonsense brings this bundle down. Unless somebody says Yahtzee's book is good, I might wait until the extras are added next week.

Reminds me of the ancient proverb: within every blog there lies a shitty ebook.

I'm holding out to see what week 2 brings
First one introduced me to The Last Unicorn which has become high on my list of favorite books.

Wish I didn't miss out on the 1st one, that still looks like the best collection. With each new bundle the titles seem less interesting to me overall. I'll probably get this one, but I might wait until I find out what the rest are.

NekoFever

I'm still annoyed that I missed the first one, since I really want to read The Last Unicorn and it's not out to buy digitally. WTF?

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still annoyed that I missed the first one, since I really want to read The Last Unicorn and it's not out to buy digitally. WTF?

Beagle moves at a snail's pace on most things. Last I heard he and his publisher were still working on getting the digital version up for sale, and that was months ago.

Cyan

Banned
Wait, one of these past bundles had Last Unicorn!?!

Bundle II was solid. Last Unicorn, Spin, Shards of Honor, Boneshaker. All excellent. Also Little Brother is pretty good if you like Cory Doctorow, and there was some good bonus stuff.

Odd to see Jumper in there. I mean, it's not a bad book by any stretch it's just that they guy has a decent idea and each book he writes in that universe takes that idea and turns it into something else. He doesn't expand the universe by making it richer, he does so by making it thinner.

Cyan

Banned
Odd to see Jumper in there. I mean, it's not a bad book by any stretch it's just that they guy has a decent idea and each book he writes in that universe takes that idea and turns it into something else. He doesn't expand the universe by making it richer, he does so by making it thinner.

Stephen Gould is SFWA President, so they may have decided it was a good idea to have one of his books since one of the charities is SFWA-related.

So I purchased the Bundle and did the Send to Kindle on their website. It sent me 2 copies of Tithe and 2 copies of Jumper and nothing else. Just a heads up for anyone doing the same thing.

New books in the bundle if you beat the average:

The God Engines by John Scalzi, Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves, To Be or Not to Be by Ryan North, and Arcanum 101 by Mercedes Lackey

I'll put it in the OP, give me a bit

Cyan

Banned
Ryan North is awesome, but this bundle still doesn't seem worth it. I really didn't care for God Engines, and Mercedes Lackey... eh. I loved some of her older books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom