• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CRAWL - Greenlit for PC/Mac/Linux

crawlbanner710.jpg

did a search didn't see much related

They were greenlit with 94% yes votes within the first day on Steam Greenlight

elevator pitch:

"basically it's an arcadey beat-em-up dungeon crawler, except it's multiplayer and the monsters are all controlled by the other players"

Trailer

Competitive Arcade Play for 2-4 Players
One player controls the Hero, the others possess monsters and traps to kill them.
Destroy the hero and it’s your turn to crawl as you instantly take their place.
Race to gain enough XP and loot to challenge the dungeon’s boss, cooperatively controlled by the other players!

Turbo Charged Dungeon Crawling
Level up, increase your stats, amass powerful weapons and magic items, all in the course of one 30 minute game.
Evolve your monsters from spiders and rats to powerful demons, dragons and undead warriors.

Every Battle is Unique
Explore and inhabit randomly generated dungeons.
Loads of unique weapons, spells and artifacts.
Dozens of unique monsters to unlock and master.

Coming Soon for PC, Mac and Linux
Play with controller, keyboard or mouse
Hone your skills against bots, while you wait for your friends to arrive!

Attack animation breakdown

GIFS!

looks great, hope it does well on PC.

also, take note Shahid

erawsd

This game looks like amazing fun. I wish this resurgence in local MP happened 10 years ago, these days I'd never be able to get people together for this.

Salsa

Gotta be honest here, this 'play as the enemy/enemies' stuff is just never fun for me. I always wanna be the dude

Seeing this on Unprofessional Friday really piqued my interest. Depending on price i'll definitely end up getting this.

that looked amazing the animation the combat the whole idea itself. the glitched out trailer made me buzz with happiness. what an awesome voice actor

i live in a house with four dudes so this is perfect. cant wait to see who will make it to the end first.

Seeing this on Unprofessional Friday really piqued my interest. Depending on price i'll definitely end up getting this.

It looked like Jeff was right, hopefully there is more for non-heroes to do when they are ghosts or it will kill momentum when the human player turtles/plays super defensively.

UrbanRats

So this looks great, when is it coming out (on Steam)? I saw it Greenlit of course, but is there a specific date i'm missing?

So I'm totes a secret god in this game! Use the name "JED" and I'm selectable! Wowzers! I didn't even know! I'm so pumped for this to release! (August 6th for $9.99 on steam early access!)

The roomies and I have played the alpha for HOURS and HOURS.

0bbodiz.jpg

drotahorror

Nice @ August 6th date.

Wonder if there's any reason to get into it if you're not gonna be able to play local MP though.

Tensketch

Remember watching a 'Thank you for playing' on GT where they played this, I immediately wanted to buy it.

I don't know why I keep doing this, I don't have friends over to my place, we all play online. Though if I did I sure as hell have a shit-ton of PC games we could all play!

Saw a friend streaming it earlier and it really looks like a ton of fun. Only local multiplayer turns me off from buying it though, since I never do local play on PC. Now, if a PS4 version comes out I'd be on that so fast. Hope it happens eventually.

bobawesome

Played a couple times at a friend's house tonight. I like the concept but the game feels extremely bare bones at the moment. It's also annoying when you almost kill the player as a monster and someone swoops in and takes the kill from you.

Haunted

So I'm totes a secret god in this game! Use the name "JED" and I'm selectable! Wowzers! I didn't even know! I'm so pumped for this to release! (August 6th for $9.99 on steam early access!)

The roomies and I have played the alpha for HOURS and HOURS.

0bbodiz.jpg
:eek:

Durden77

Is this the only thread on this game? Couldn't find others in search.

This game has GODLIKE potential. It's so fuckin fun.

Top Bottom