• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Danger 1 & 2 PS Vita Details: Runs at 60 fps, features Atoi, Iota, and Sackboy

So what will you get with the two games? Let’s talk numbers. Joe Danger features 84 levels, including the Director’s Cut and Laboratory stages, and 25 characters to play with, and Joe Danger 2 features 85 levels, including 15 from the Undead Movie Pack we originally released as DLC for the PS3 version, and a whopping 35 playable characters. Seriously, there are dozens of hours of play in these two releases. It takes our tester, Gareth, nearly three solid days to play through them both. Honestly, this makes him really happy.

We’ve also brought loads of improvements we made in Joe Danger 2 to the original, so both games automatically download ghosts to race against, plus they have online leaderboards and there’s a full complement of Trophies to collect. We wanted these games to be the best versions you can get :)

“But Alex!” you’re potentially shouting. “I’m stoked to hear this, even if it’s little more than I’d expect of Joe Danger. But there’s one more thing I need to know about. The original games somehow use pretty much every button on a DualShock, so how the heck do you play it on a Vita?”

A fine question! We’ve spent a long time tweaking the controls to feel great on Vita, and we think you’ll like the results because they’re really simple! First, we’ve added touch controls for the menus and the Editor mode! This makes the games so easy to use. And in play, the only differences are that Circle now tricks as well as punches, while Triangle is a second trick button.

The bottom line is that it feels so natural; we’ve been racking up some crazy scores already :)

13467965493_1eccb4c84f_b.jpg

13468209194_31af1750f4_o.png

13467861565_02033dc579_o.png

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/04/01/everything-need-know-joe-danger-ps-vita/

Are those the actual in game graphics?

Or heavily downsampled?

Because there is basically not a single aliased pixel in those images, and if this game is 60fps....

That'll pop real nicely on the Vita OLED. Do we know if it's cross-buy?
Cross-buy? These games are already available on the PS3, and this one is more of a enhanced edition with all the DLCs + extras and new tweaks/features. It doesn't fit the cross-buy profile.

sn00zer

After beating the wonderful little bit trip runner 2 (amazing vita port), im ready for another similar game

chadskin

Cross-buy? These games are already available on the PS3, and this one is more of a enhanced edition with all the DLCs + extras and new tweaks/features. It doesn't fit the cross-buy profile.

Well, Flower became a cross-buy on Vita and PS4, years after its PS3 release, with enhanced graphics. IIRC there were some other cases lately, as well. But yeah, the added DLCs and all likely mean it won't be a cross-buy. Oh well.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Alright, all of that stuff in one package makes me want it. It looks nativ-res and it's 60fps. Bought.

Never played Joe Danger. Should I be excited about this?

They're lovely little games. Pretty challenging too. Nothing like Trials besides the motorbike, so don't listen to those comparisons.

I can get behind this. I haven't played the originals on PS3 all that much, but I think it'll be a better fit on Vita. Do we know of the price or release date? Sounds like they're planning on selling them together.

Day one for me. Really enjoyed them on PS+ so now it's time for me to show some support.

@ above: their studio/office was flooded multiple times I think. They lost a lot of assets.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Dictator93 said:
Or heavily downsampled?
It looks like Vita Native res with 4xMSAA - there's quite a few Vita games that have IQ like that - granted not that many are also 60fps, but they exist as well.

KalBalboa

Banned
Noticing a good amount of cross-promotion with Sony this week. This & Minecraft are both signs of some PR people at PlayStation getting their hooks into things (for the better).

nampad

Normally, I would be all over this but I am still pissed at how they handled the Joe Danger 2 release. Not sure if I'll jump on it.

Normally, I would be all over this but I am still pissed at how they handled the Joe Danger 2 release. Not sure if I'll jump on it.

Pissed off about what? You mean its launching on 360 first? I think that was a mistake and sales were down on both platforms as a result; 360 fans probably didn't care all that much* and PS3 fans were probably a bit pissed off. A bit silly really because it was only a 4 week delay, and I recall it launched with a lot more content on PS3 as well.

*Plus it came out not long after Trials Evolution and that can't have helped its commercial reception on the 360.

Corto

I'll buy this day one so they can put the money earned with this games on developing No Man's Sky. And a new office hehehe

nampad

Pissed off about what? You mean its launching on 360 first? I think that was a mistake and sales were down on both platforms as a result; 360 fans probably didn't care all that much* and PS3 fans were probably a bit pissed off. A bit silly really because it was only a 4 week delay, and I recall it launched with a lot more content on PS3 as well.

*Plus it came out not long after Trials Evolution and that can't have helped its commercial reception on the 360.

Well, they did "badmouth" XBLA and tried hard at being a darling for the Sony fans. They talked about how much Sony helped them with the pubfund after they couldn't find a publisher.
Then there was the expanded JD1 release on XBLA without porting the content to the PS3 which I thought was ok. The timed exclusivity for JD2 without any information on a PS3 release felt like a betrayal though. But then they also backstabbed everyone who bought JD2 on XBLA (no information on the pending PS3 release so some people jumped ship) because they suddenly released it on PS3 with additional exclusive content.

I loved both on the PS360, but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to buy them again. I guess it depends on how much new content there is and how they price them...

Top Bottom