• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futuridium EP Deluxe confirmed for a PS4 release

viveks86

New news!

Mixed Bag confirm to us today that their fast paced retro shooter Futuridium EP Deluxe is now heading to PlayStation 4. The game was originally announced as a PS Vita exclusive by the Italian indie studio. Having been lucky enough to play Futuridium EP Deluxe on the Vita, we’re really excited to see this psychedelic shoot ‘em up running on PS4. Get set for a release in the next few months.

http://punkandlizard.com/futuridium-ep-deluxe-confimed-for-a-ps4-release/

2.png

6.png

Official Trailer

PS4 Trailer

Skyrise

Hi guys!

Yep, it was meant to be confirmed a bit later with a PSBlog post but... yes, Futuridium EP Deluxe is coming to PS4 too. ;)

It'll be a simultaneous release with the PSVita version, with cross buy.

We'll soon release a new trailer and new screenshots of the PS4 version, since we've added MORE post processing and flashy effects to the game.

Obviously, 1080p/60fps, and support for some DS4 features. ;)
Stay tuned for more news!

Mauro

kyser73

Does it fly a bit quicker than in the trailer? Looks great, but the ship looked to have pretty sluggish movement.

SmokyDave

On the one hand, Vita just lost an exclusive*.

On the other hand, I just got a free PS4 game. Can't moan at that!

*well, not really, it's on iOS already.

i-Jest

Initial Impressions:

This looks fantastic. Kinda reminds me of the old rail/tube shooters of yesture year. I salute you guys for emulating that experience. Presentation looks great. Will buy for both Vita and PS4 when available.

Imagine this with Morpheus support. O.O

DEAR GOD YES!!!!

Hi guys!

Yep, it was meant to be confirmed a bit later with a PSBlog post but... yes, Futuridium EP Deluxe is coming to PS4 too. ;)

We'll soon release a new trailer and new screenshots of the PS4 version, since we've added MORE post processing and flashy effects to the game.

Mauro

Cross buy you say? YYYIIIISSS!!!! Will there be a cross play feature as well?

Hi guys!

Mauro

All the nice features are supported, nice. Would love to have Morpheus later too

FireSol

Hi guys!

Mauro

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

VLiberty

Hi guys!

Mauro
Ciao Mauro! Auguri e complimenti per il gioco che si preannuncia ottimo! :D finalmente anche l'Italia si mostra nel panorama videoludico!

Aspetto con ansia sia questo che forma.8, non vedo l'ora di vederli sul mio "DAT OLED" ;)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
On the one hand, Vita just lost an exclusive*.
On the other hand, I just got a free PS4 game. Can't moan at that!
*well, not really, it's on iOS already.
Y'know, I thought the same thing. Thanks for the free PS4 game =P.
Hi guys!
Mauro
DS4 features? I like that. Cross-Buy? I love that. Sorry to ruin the surprise =)

Hi guys!

Mauro

Stereoscopic 3D?

Skyrise

Would be awesome if you could manage to cram it in. Hadn't heard of this game but it looks awesome and is now looking to be an instant purchase.

Don't know for the initial release, time are a bit tight and we're a very small team (two people + musicians!). But it's definitely something we're looking at. ;)

Skyrise

Ciao Mauro! Auguri e complimenti per il gioco che si preannuncia ottimo! :D finalmente anche l'Italia si mostra nel panorama videoludico!

Aspetto con ansia sia questo che forma.8, non vedo l'ora di vederli sul mio "DAT OLED" ;)

/italian mode on

Grazie! :)
Ce la stiamo mettendo tutta, ti confermo che su DAT OLED fanno una gran figura entrambi ;)

/italian mode off

Skyrise

That was fast! Wanted to come here to post the video and some news and it was already posted! :D

Thanks everyone for the support, if you have any questions, I'm always lurking around the thread. ;)

CamHostage

Does it fly a bit quicker than in the trailer? Looks great, but the ship looked to have pretty sluggish movement.

I haven't had a chance to play the mobile version, but I get the impression from videos that the game has a control pacing deliberately designed in to deal with its otherwise hectic and overwhelming design. Too fast and it wouldn't feel like flying a ship over a massive landscape, it'd feel like a video game that plays like a video game. And while the graphics seem to point towards a video-game-feel being right for a game like this, I actually see it the opposite way (and assume that's the reason it was made so stylishly) that the unreality of the graphic style but the reality of the feel puts you in a nice pleasure center. You feel the weight of your ship and a sense of the scale of the battlecraft, so you get a rush as you barrel down on a string of targets (It just looks intense when you're zooming in on cubes and they look so far away at first but by the time you're in a line of them you're barely sure if you'll have enough firepower to make it through the line as they come at you so fast!), and then a release as you come out the other side, before you flip around to do it again.

Pacing. Sometimes they have to give you less of what you say you want in order to give you what you need.

Top Bottom