• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you having rape for breakfast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.straight.com/news/531746/jenni-rempel-cereal-and-rape-breakfast

Article is from November 2013 but I haven't found a thread, so:

Many people are not aware of the unavoidable connection between dairy milk and sexual assault. Just like human mothers produce milk after they become pregnant and give birth, cows also are impregnated in order for them to produce milk. The industry often uses a device nicknamed the “rape rack” to artificially inseminate female cows. Farmers may opt to shove a 12-inch-long “insemination rod” into their cow’s vagina, guiding it by putting their arm (to at least the elbow) into the cow’s anus. When the mother cow gives birth, her baby is taken away from her so that humans can drink the milk instead.

As children, most Canadians are told that cows “give” milk, but this explanation is misinformed. Just as women do not “give” their consent to everyone they see on the street by walking alone at night, cows do not “give” their milk, but rather have it taken.

So, why are you still drinking milk? Are you a supporter of rape?

Despera

Banned
Going by OP's logic... eating beef and drinking cow milk means you're a supporter of both rape and murder...

Epcott

Well, technically its more puss than milk due to over worked mammary glands in the case of cows... But ok, whatever.

Back to my cereal with Almond Milk!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I know the writer of this personally. Nice girl, passionate about animal rights which I respect.

May have over-reached a bit here. This is a young student submission to the Straight, testing out her activist tactics. Made a comparison that is so hyperbolic that probably hurt more than it helped. Live and learn.

123rl

Enjoying my rape cappuccino while I read the rest of the article. So far it's the dumbest thing anyone has said in the history of the internet

that+depressing+moment+when+you+know+where+that+is+form+_5bb8f390254a7192bde84e8d81660cd9.png

daniels

This is the exception i am sure most cows get asked if they want to provide milk and give consent with a moo.

Ape

Banned
But they are paid with food and shelter. Their children are taken care of for free and also fed and care for. This is actually their job. The cow's only fault is that they can not understand this exchange and we can. We are no more exploiting them than our employer exploits us for a salary.

I know the writer of this personally. Nice girl, passionate about animal rights which I respect.

May have over-reached a bit here. This is a young student submission to the Straight, testing out her activist tactics. Made a comparison that is so hyperbolic that probably hurt more than it helped. Live and learn.

On a more serious note, I do agree that we are treading our animals in a cruel and barbaric way without thinking about it and just going "well, it has been like this for ages". She do has a point.

Are you telling me you haven't heard of the critically acclaimed hentai manga Milk Party?

No, but I will make sure to fill this knowledge gap.

Althane

BREAKING NEWS: Humans raise cows for their meat and milk!

Chickens for their meat and eggs!

Corn for their seeds!

Will this rape never end? Only when we starve ourselves to death will we be able to say that no, we are not raping the natural world!

I've seen the practices of the food production industry equated with (or referred to as being exponentially worse than) the Holocaust, so I guess relating dairy farming to the sexual assault of women is not any larger of a stretch.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
On a more serious note, I do agree that we are treading our animals in a cruel and barbaric way without thinking about it and just going "well, it has been like this for ages". She do has a point.
Only good can come when occasionally thinking about animal issues, in any case.

Alienous

You know what? Fuck cows. Farting up and killing our atmostphere.

They need more forearms in their asses, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom