• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Song of the FIFA World Cup 2014 - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

Pitbull featuring Jennifer Lopez & Claudia Leitte - We Are One (Ole Ola)

So, here it is. I can't say I really dig it. The main part of the chorus, I can live with. But the rest is pretty bad in my opinion. The beat is decent.

Any thoughts?

ItIsOkBro

Will try to set aside my Pitbull hate and listen openly...

It's okay...J Lo's part is good and I like that different language part. But goddamn Pitbull and his offkey singing in the pre-chorus.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm a little shocked he didn't work a "Mr. Worldwide" into the song, even with it rhyming with a couple lines.

It's eh. I prefer Shakira last time.

lol, can't view in Germany
And when I search for the song on Youtube, all the variations are completely fake songs from some people farming clicks...

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I quite like it but I can't stand Pitbull so they both kinda cancel each other out

PsychBat!

Banned
Like other people have said, Waving Flag wasn't the official song but it was really damn good. And this isn't Waving Flag.

its better than most of pitbull's stuff but its no shakira

tumblr_mivu74WEVZ1rbsoago1_500.gif

I thought it was Khaled's C'iest La Vie? Has very catchy hook anthem.

I had no idea Vivir mi Vida was a cover of this.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah it's super generic but I guess that's inherent to a song that's supposed to have mass appeal on this large a scale. The drop at 34th second is awful, Pitbull kinda sucks, Jennifer Lopez is okay I guess.

Herr K

Banned
This song is shit. I'd take only Claudia's part and burn the rest. Pitbull is so bad, Lopez is also so bad.

Nothing will ever beat Ricky's Copa de la Vida.

It's okay however Badiel and Skinner + Fat Les are the only real world cup songs.

Come on England, Come on England!

Pros:

- has a bunch of 'hey, hey, heys' and 'ole ole ole olas', so the crowd can sing along easily.
- the right kind of tempo for waving, clapping, dancing in the stands.
- not horrifically annoying.

Cons:

- it's quite shit
- it's not particularly memorable or unique

smalls

Neo Member
I think it gets better with multiple hearings, but considering the sheer variety of Brazilian genres of music they could have drawn inspiration from it's pretty disappointing this is the best they could come up with. It also seems kind of careless to have Spanish in it (or at least have it come up before the part in Portuguese). A lot of people already think Brazilians speak Spanish, and this song won't be doing this any favors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom