• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase out on Apr. 24 (EU, eShop only, 24.99€)

Tenki

YZGSXnm.png

Just got an email from Agatsuma.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase will release on April 24th on the European eShop, at 24.9€. Digital only.

AGATSUMA to bring `Sayonara UmiharaKawase` for NINTENDO 3DS, Rubbering action with ranking system within your territory, to Europe & Oceania.

Tokyo, Japan – Apr. 15, 2014 – AGATSUMA ENTERTAINMENT Co.,Ltd, today revealed European publishing plans for `Sayonara UmiharaKawase`, a rubbering action for Nintendo 3DSTM with ranking server on Apr. 24, 2014!

Slated for release this spring, `Sayonara UmiharaKawase` offers players an insanely complex grapping line physics. UmiharaKawase, the main character – a girl traveling sushi chef, armed with only with her backpack and trusty fishing hook in a dream-like world. Weird fish enemies and abstract level designs action make the game play very unique. The players will be able to see their ranking, so compete with others with your times is easy.

“Developed by an all-star team of industry veterans, `Sayonara UmiharaKawase` unlike anything else available for Nintendo 3DS,” commented Yasuo Nakajima, R&D Head Officer at AGATSUMA ENTERTAINMENT Co.,Ltd. “Fans of puzzles will have fun finding the exits and goods in each stages competing others best times shown on the ranking server. Fans of action will have fun fighting with wired fish-like enemies. UmiharaKawase the main girl character, uses fishing rod with a lure, but the string of the rod was made by rubber.”

Originally released on the Super Famicom and later re-released for the PlayStation and Nintendo DS™, this will be the first time `Sayonara Umihara Kawase`s tale is told outside Japan. Created by the series’ original developers, such as the original programmer, Kiyoshi Sakai, as well as the character designer, Toshinobu Kondo, Japanese fans have been raving about the game since it was released in June 2013.

Players can follow the latest new for all of the beloved Agatsuma franchise at http://agatsuma-games.jp/,

The game came out last month in America: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=788495

Don't forget the official website, lots of stuff there ;)

Official website

European trailer: YouTube

Overview trailer : YouTube

m0t0k1

Finally!!! I was always excited to play this series. Now that it is finally comming to the west i will probably go in at day one.

L~A

I've been interested in this game for awhile but I'll probably wait for a sale at that price.

It's published by Agatsuma Entertainement in Europe, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to wait a loooooong time. And by long, I mean : forever.

I don't think they even did a sale on Code of Pricess...

It's published by Agatsuma Entertainement in Europe, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to wait a loooooong time. And by long, I mean : forever.

i stopped checking for sales on that but afaik it never went on sale here

Assuming Agatsuma Entertainement leave NOE to sort out non-€ currencies that means £22.49/€24.99/$AUD32.49. Alternatively, look at code of princess prices (did they follow a similar pattern).

L~A

Why can't we get the regular name in North America :(

That's pretty strange, because I'm sure Agatsuma Entertainement is using the NA localisation (unless they asked another company for that.... but I doubt it, wouldn't make sense for them).

What I'd really like to know is why they wrote UmiharaKawase without any space :p

Tsunamo

That's a shame.
Assuming Agatsuma Entertainement leave NOE to sort out non-€ currencies that means £22.49/€24.99/$AUD32.49. Alternatively, look at code of princess prices (did they follow a similar pattern).
If it works out to around $32 AUD I might bite on it (which isn't as high as I was expecting it to turn out here) considering there's barely any chance of a sale.

daydream

Banned
Oh hey, that's unexpected. But cool! Definitely getting it.

(Chibi-Robo, Rusty, SMTIV and Magical World next, please.)

Jockel

yeah, me too.
Even if the game looks kinda lame, it's supposed to be fun, right?
Having played the SFC and PSP versions I'm pretty confident that it's going to be awesome.
It's got very challenging (and rewarding) gameplay mechanics. And since you get infinite lives in the newest game it's not going to be too frustrating. But mastering the hookshot mechanics to later climb vertical walls and go off the beaten path feels very satisfying.

Top Bottom