• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My milkshake brings all the mods to the yard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraftwerk

Just a random observation. I do wander through other forums from time to time, and the mods everywhere else don't compare.

Every time I read a mod post here, I am amazed at the vocabulary used. And it's not fluff, the posts are always well written and contain amazing points.

Not sucking up here, just something I noticed.

I agree, mod selection has been something that has maintained NeoGAF as my favorite forum for 10 years now. EviLore or whoever selects them does a fantastic job.

It is said that to become a Mod here you have to pass rigorous physical and skill tests, be well versed in different subjects and be fluent in at least 3 languages.

Jado

Banned
I was gonna say "don't suck up," but you've preempted that.

But you're right. On certain other boards, especially smaller ones, the mods are no smarter the average annoying console warrior on Gaming Side. Some of the mods here read hundreds of books per year, which puts my couple of books read and 3+ months lack of participation in the books/movie thread to utter shame. :|

Zaptruder

Banned
Probably the one most important factor in the success of this forum.

You can't maintain quality discourse without the ability to recognize bullshit and ban it before it poisons the rest of the community too much.

Also, you don't get modship on this forum without the ability to judiciously self moderate... these guys appear as smart as they do because they know how to hold their tongues when blurting out stupid crap.

turnbuckle

Read Opiate's posts and try not to imagine him as a monk sitting cross legged on a cloud.

having played a lot of diablo III with him, I find this kind of funny as he usually would play as a monk :p

Agree with the OP. There have been a few stinkers over the years, but generally Evilore and co. have done a hell of a job selecting mods.

I know this topic is kinda goofy and fun, but for real, Cyan always impresses me with his knowledge of stuff. Great to have such a (mostly) knowledgeable, smart community.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just a random observation. I do wander through other forums from time to time, and the mods everywhere else don't compare.

Every time I read a mod post here, I am amazed at the vocabulary used. And it's not fluff, the posts are always well written and contain amazing points.

What are you up to..?

sohois

You probably aren't going to be chosen as a mod if you're not someone who is calm, reasoned and wise, I would imagine. Not to mention that mods presumably need to stand out a bit to be noticed amongst the pile, indicating they are likely to be verbose, well read and capable to sustaining longer arguments.

That being said, Cyan, Opiate and Stumpakow stand out as being particularly intelligent.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No I'm not.

turnbuckle

Stump's the only real stand-out, imo.

Ghaleon and Opiate also. And in the past I always thought Hitokage and Mandark brought a lot of brains to the discussion. Other mods are also very smart and/or witty.

White Man doesn't post much anymore but he was always one of my favorites. The kind of guy I'd hate to argue with because I know I'd lose...and you don't want to be on White Man's bad side.

braves01

Banned

I don't believe you.

Nibel

Modbot is a modern day poet

Every one-liner he drops when closing a thread is a story in itself

He's high up in my GAF-mod top 5

If the film Deep Impact was real, all the mods would be selected to go underground to help repopulate the earth. Us plebs would be left on the surface to get hit by a tsunami while we are innocently reading a newspaper on a bench.

Tesseract

Banned
i do love dat fine wine red post nectar sauce. at the other hand, late night bizzaro gaf is poorly represented; we need a fearless, fervant leader.

Read Opiate's posts and try not to imagine him as a monk sitting cross legged on a cloud.

OWPBIaJ.png

I could never beat Opiate in Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu on NES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom