• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Stomping Land: dinosaur survival sim coming to Steam Early Access starting May 23

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Stomping Land is the survival sandbox game based in the time of dinosaurs, and developer Alex Fundora has confirmed it’s coming to Steam Early Access after being Greenlit by the community.

Powered by Unreal Engine, the multiplayer survival sim sees players roaming a sandbox while hunting smaller dinosaurs with their bow, fishing in lakes and gathering food to outlast each day. It’s been Greenlit on Steam, with an early access trial coming on May 23 for Kickstarter backers, while non-backers can buy in from May 30 at $24.99.

The initial dinosaurs waiting to kill you or serve as your food will be the Styracosaurus, Carnotaurus, Gallimimus, Puertasaurus, Helicoprion, Ankylosaurus and Stygimoloch, with more species set to roll out over time. The Stomping Ground will launch with one environment called Capa Island, which is smaller than the game’s previously-shown Wayneth Island setting.

There is no inventory, so you must store whatever resources you find in caves doted around the island, while crafting torches, spike traps and even pole vaults to help you navigate and survive the game’s many dangers.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/07/the...ming-to-steam-early-access-on-may-23-trailer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4YJ_5kHEI

Holy crap, that looks pretty damn cool.
WanAngryJaguarundi.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The price may be a bit too high for me right now but i will definitely keep an eye on this.

This with friends should be a ton of fun.

WanAngryJaguarundi.gif

Cautiously optimistic about this one. The concept is pretty unique and interesting and I loves me some dinosaurs. I'm going to wait until it's out of early access though.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Add in some platforming, some mystic runes, wild weapons, lizard people and plenty of fog.

I hope they run with the trap building concept. Crafting huge pits or massive boulder falls to kill or trap bigger dinos would be great.

bengraven

I Kickstarted the fuck out of this day 1. :)

This is right up my alley, so I'm excited to finally get to play the beta.

Femto.

Despite all the info and screens I am not touching this with a ten foot pole, because of early access. No complete game? No money thrown at screen.

This is coming from a guy who had a whole room dedicated towards prehistoric (mostly dinos) toys as a child.

caleb1915

I'm gonna give this a bump since the Kickstarter Early Access Beta should be starting in a few hours(hopefully!)

I'd love to hear some impressions, and maybe hunt dinosaurs using the brightest stars in the night sky to guide us!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Didn't know this game existed until I saw it in the Steam top 10 today. Anyone have any impressions?

sunnz

Despite all the info and screens I am not touching this with a ten foot pole, because of early access. No complete game? No money thrown at screen.

This is coming from a guy who had a whole room dedicated towards prehistoric (mostly dinos) toys as a child.

Yea you don't get a complete game, but you also don't pay the full price ( will get more expensive the more they add)

But, up to you.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I just received my Kickstarter Steam key, installing shortly...but I can't play it until tonight!

Ha, nice to see you're on board. I'll be curious to hear your impressions. I'm in the same situation.

This looks amazing.

Shame you're not playing as the dinosaurs, though.

Hmm, I bet that would be a popular game mode, but there are some challenges to be solved along the way. A basic form of starting out as a baby carnivore and working your way up as you grow could be added without too much trouble, but the attacks would need to be somewhat basic. Modeling any sort of bite-and-hold or believable horn-stabbing attack on the fly would require much better physics than we usually see in sword fighting / shooter games. (plan B: a whole lot of scripted animations for each dino combo)

DPsygnet

Anyone played it yet ?
I am quite interested in this but it released today and i have yet to read any impressions .

Sentenza

Oh man this game looks awesome.
It really does.
I hope to see more polished animations/models over time, but as general concept this is beyond awesome.

P.S. I also don't think there's ANYTHING wrong with the overall art direction. As I said it's more a matter of polishing it to improve visuals.

Top Bottom