• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein:TNO - Day One patch sizes range from 5gb to 7.3gb

PS4 = 5gb
X1 = 7.3gb

PVvxhdk.png

Good grief.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The PS4 patch is as big as Mario Kart 8 (after it's installed). What the.

Mugatu

So with Cox's new bandwidth caps this is one game that I can't even play if I physically purchase it. Good job.

EBE

so its going to take me 8 hours to patch on the xbox one before it even begins what will no doubt be a several days long download for the game itself? FML

Danlord

A 47GB install on PS4 with an additional 5GB patch - I'm glad I've ordered a 1TB SSHD because when I get around playing this I will need it!

legbone

for fucks sake. that decides it. was going to wait to pick up transistor but now i have to have something to play while waiting for wolfie's patch to download. guess i'll be playing wolfie on the 21st.

A 47GB install on PS4 with an additional 5GB patch - I'm glad I've ordered a 1TB SSHD because when I get around playing this I will need it!

I personally can't justify letting one game fill up over 50 fucking gigabytes on my hard drive but... apparently some can!

Mugatu

This shit is going to get old really quickly.

Yup. Especially as ISPs start adding caps and don't say it can't happen, I've been a Cox subscriber for well over a decade and last month got a letter saying I went over my cap which I guess they quietly added to many markets.

ascii42

System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space

How many DVDs does the retail version come on?

Danlord

I personally can't justify letting one game fill up over 50 fucking gigabytes on my hard drive but... apparently some can!

I'd delete it as soon as I've completed it, because frankly I don't see myself playing it repeatedly, I am still bothered by the large size though, I'd only keep a game that large if I know I'd get repeated use out of it (ie. if Driveclub was 40+ GB I know I'd go back to it again and again) but this is a single-play only game, one and done for me. My current, stock HDD has only used up 108GB of games for me, but Amazon are doing good on a 1TB SSHD so I snapped it up.

I am okay for the moment with game install sizes/patches but this might be the start of massively inflated games now, thankfully I'm buying more Indie's this time around and they won't be near the sizes we're going to be getting here.

I'm assuming the 47GB is because of the mega-textures, so I wonder what the 5GB is? Higher-resolution world texture they couldn't fit on disk so they're patching it in. This game better be worth it.

Sorry for those with caps, but I, for one, welcome our 50GB game overlords. Give me ridiculous detail... give it to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Top Bottom