• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Party 10 + Amiibo Support Announced [Play as Bowser, be a jerk]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
No screens yet, but Bill Trinen just mentioned it in the Amiibo Demonstration as one of the games that would utilize them.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Bowser is the main character, acts as a Dungeon Master of sorts.

Just said on Nintendo Minute, no footage though, very odd.

Bowser_Revolution_by_MichaeljMM79.png

Estellise

I like the idea of being able to control Bowser but that single kart shit was the biggest downfall of Mario Party. And I don't want to collect ministars...I miss collecting coins and actually buying my damn stars.

daripad

I'm sure it won't have online. But I want another Mario Party after many years, so I think I'll get considering there are not much 2014 Nintendo releases

BM8

Neo Member
I really like the concept with Bowser. First time in a long time ive been interested in a MP.

With Bowser on the board I guess Luigi can't win by doing absolutely nothing.

In old Mario Party you could get to the point of being so far behind you just want the game to end or just become a poor sport as having no chance of winning you'll make everybody else lose.

This tries to keep everyone interested throughout as there is less of a real loss state (kind of like shares mode in boom street, the shares make it very hard to go bankcrupt). But I guess co-op isn't cool these days and it harder to pull yourself ahead of the pack so that competitive edge is gone.

Single car concept ruins the entire game. Went from buy to 0% hype. That car singlehandedly ruins the competitive nature of Mario Party and makes it too linear. Nice try Nintendo.
I think it changes the nature. You have to use your items in cunning ways, like forcing certain rolls when are near bad spaces.

HalcyonXcution

Neo Member
I am hyped for this, well mario party 9 system is a turn off, who cares I own the wii u and will play as bowser most the time. Everyone can be crammed in a single car :p Finally a game were you can be a dungeon like master a-hole to your friends. Let the end of friendship begin :D

-PXG-

Taker666

What I want to know is ...will we be able to use figures of Link and Samus and unlock them in this ...and more importantly ..in Mario Kart 8.

oxidax

Theyre still announcing games? what the hell!! I havent seen the digital event. Did they say anything about announcing more games after the event?

Maybe they'll include a mode where you can play it in the "classic" way. That's the only thing that would get me interested in this.

How do people win if everyone is on the same square? Not sure I understand. MP8 was my first MP and all I have to go by.

The "driver" who collects the most star bits (which are just put in set places on the map) by the end of the track wins. Mini games don't happen after every round either.

I think it changes the nature. You have to use your items in cunning ways, like forcing certain rolls when are near bad spaces.

Yeah; this is the reason I really enjoyed the everyone-in-one-car gameplay; there were far, far more opportunities to deliberately sabotage your opponents on the board (and in turn more chances that your plan could backfire). It was great.

That said, it'd be nice to have the option of both styles.

The asymmetric minigames look like a load of fun!

Top Bottom