• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny’s PlayStation-Exclusive Content Detailed

GavinUK86

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/16/destinys-playstation-exclusive-content-detailed/

During last week’s PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference, you might remember the illustrious Adam Boyes noting that PlayStation owners were set to receive a ton of exclusive Destiny content — literally too much to detail in the show itself. Now that the E3 hubbub has died down, I asked Bungie and the PlayStation elders to share those details right here on PlayStation.Blog for the first time.

At launch, PS4 and PS3 owners will get exclusive access to a unique co-op Strike located on Mars, an exclusive competitive map, and a slew of exclusive guns, gear, and ships.

14243849238_7359d9a12a_z.jpg
14429138212_bed1eb0c7c_z.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So how long do we think this will remain exclusive? How long are the call of duty maps exclusive?

oSoLucky

I'm honestly okay with some stuff like this as long as none of the items are overpowered. Timed exclusive maps can be quite annoying though.

N.Domixis

Banned
Exclusive*

Sounds pretty cool. Interesting that this is the second game with an exclusive* co-op mode on PS4...

Whats the other one?

Instead of these useless DLC content. I wish sony would whore out its first party games for skins and vehicles from their universe. Diablo 3 has the TLOU and SoTC characters.

Meh not a fan of exclusive content although I guess this one plays in my favor or whatever. Still find it a wasteful practice

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm most interested in that new Strike mission. The one that was present in the Alpha was very fun [even more so because bossess had metric shitton of HP].

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not enough to persuade me to buy a PS4 over playing it on my Xbox One.

.. You realize thats not the point right?

Both Sony and MS do this for folks on the fence. There are people who own both a PS3 and 360, they will lean towards the PS3. There are people who are looking at both a PS4 and XB1 and see that the game they're most interested in has exclusive content only on that one platform, and more importantly theres a really nice looking bundle for one platform and not the other.

Sony has already aligned themselves really strongly to the brand. Its really smart.

JayEH

A lot of people will be playing it in ps4s. Dem sales numbers doe.

But... it's not like it's a cross system game... everyone who has a Playstation 3/4 will have the map.

You do know the part where it says "all ps3/ps4 users get it" implies that all ps3/ps4 users get it, right?

How so? If everyone on PS4 has it, they it will be played. If it was pre-order or bought DLC, then fragmentation occurs.

Why? Doesn't this come with the package?

It'll just look like another map in the rotation for PS4 players.

Huh? The online portion isn't cross-platform. Why would PS4 players not play a map everyone with a PS4 gets?

Everyone that has a new copy will get the map. People who rent, buy used, forget about the code, etc. won't have the map. Exclusive maps don't end up popular.

Both Sony and MS do this for folks on the fence. There are people who own both a PS3 and 360, they will lean towards the PS3. There are people who are looking at both a PS4 and XB1 and see that the game they're most interested in has exclusive content only on that one platform.

Sony has already aligned themselves really strongly to the brand. Its really smart.

Plus, having the inevitably better looking and running console version of the game.

PS4 will easily be the best place to play this on consoles.

Both Sony and MS do this for folks on the fence. There are people who own both a PS3 and 360, they will lean towards the PS3. There are people who are looking at both a PS4 and XB1 and see that the game they're most interested in has exclusive content only on that one platform.

Oh sure - I get that it makes business sense for Sony.

But I'm looking at how it affects me - and I'm okay with losing that content by playing on the Xbox One.

Veive257

Neo Member
It's been well established that the PS4 hardware is stronger than the Xbone, so that's enough reason for people with both systems to pick up multiplatform titles on the PS4.

This stuff is just a nice bonus, but Xbox Oners will probably be able to buy these extras later.

majik13

An exclusive map is a good way to ensure that no one will play that map.

how so? it is exclusive to everyone that owns the game on PS. Its not like we can play with players on other platforms anyways.

edit: beaten over and over

manual4

Banned
At launch

. what is with that guy at sony's E3 implying it was only ever going to be on playstation.

if you checked the wording on MS e3 press vids on their exclusive content , it says "first on"

Zomba13

Cool stuff. The extra Strike is nice as they can be a lot longer than I thought they'd be so it's a cool thing to play through. The guns, ship and armour look cool but they will probably be quickly outclassed except maybe the ship because I don't have a clue what the ships do apart from being the thing in your loading screens.

Would have been cool to get a speeder bike or ground vehicle too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oh sure - I get that it makes business sense for Sony.

But I'm looking at how it affects me - and I'm okay with losing that content by playing on the Xbox One.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you there. Its obviously not that substantial in terms of content, by the very nature of these deals the content can't exactly be critical to the core experience of the game.

Its just really easy marketing for Sony to drum up PS4 is where its at if you want to play Destiny with things like exclusive DLC and a system bundle.

Bsigg12

Call of Duty exclusivity for Xbox, Destiny exclusivity for PlayStation.

Activision is really making out like bandits.

And the best part is all the content appears on all platforms eventually so they're getting paid to do nothing other than withhold content from certain platform, laughing all the way to the bank.

Are we allowed to say moneyhat?

Really though, what is the point of having "exclusive" content if it's only going to last a few months? Are a few extra in-game items (compared to the massive number of items already in the game) really going to push someone over the edge?

Top Bottom