• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo dominates Twitter conversation. (47% of all tweets during E3 week.)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
These statistics are amazing...

Nintendo dominated social media conversation on Twitter at E3 2014, it has been revealed.

About 47% of all tweets sent out during last week's expo mentioned the gaming giant, according to social media intelligence analytics provider Crimson Hexagon.

Among the most popular tweets was one made by the official Nintendo of America handle, which teased famed designer Shigeru Miyamoto's appearance on an upcoming live broadcast.

Another was made by user @Dropkickpikachu, who tweeted: "Nintendo has just shown more playable female character's in one game preview than the other companies have all E3 so far."

The #Nintendo hashtag surfaced 30,000 times and #e32014 featured 55,000 times.

Meanwhile, PlayStation claimed 28% of the conversation, while Xbox trailed with 25%.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...tes-social-media-conversation-on-twitter.html

But they weren't at E3.

ibizRM2I8YGNAp.gif

My sarcasm meter isn't broken, I'm laughing with you.

VanWinkle

Meanwhile, PlayStation claimed 28% of the conversation, while Xbox trailed with 25%.

Wait, so Nintendo, Sony, and MS together took up 100% of all tweets during E3 week? lol For some reason I doubt that a little bit.

Jamix012

Wait, so Nintendo, Sony, and MS together took up 100% of all tweets during E3 week? lol For some reason I doubt that a little bit.

It's probably more like "Of the big three, Nintendo was 47%" rather than the whole thing. Probably just, for every 47 Nintendo related tweets during E3, there were 28 Sony Tweets and 25 Microsoft related tweets.

Tweets are tweets. If it leads to sales numbers, like the Wii U actually being a competitor to the PS4 and Xbox One, then their E3 strategy can be considered a success.

VanWinkle

It's probably more like "Of the big three, Nintendo was 47%" rather than the whole thing. Probably just, for every 47 Nintendo related tweets during E3, there were 28 Sony Tweets and 25 Microsoft related tweets.

Yup. They phrased it weird, though. Maybe they were confused.

Hexa

I think this is just a comparison of the tweets generated in relation to Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Though I'm not entirely sure what they're doing, as many of the big games for Sony and Microsoft were multiplat that seems about right.

Azure J

Nintendo's really found a much better vehicle to present themselves and their products better with the Digital Event and Treehouse combo honestly. Between those and the Smash Invitational, it really feels like there wasn't a dull moment and every base was covered in a pretty spectacular way. The Twitter discussion shows that they were able to remain visible to a very large number of folks and that's always the best takeaway from all the E3 shenanigans.

pje122

I never post about Nintendo, but let me say this:

After this E3 I hope we can put all the Nintendo/smartphone talk to rest. I never want to hear that crap ever again.

Nzyme32

During e3 tweets that relate to Sony, Microsoft or nintendo = 100%
All others disregarded
PC = Gaben%

Seriously though, Nintendo did a fantastic job and even have me convinced to buy a wiiu as my first console in a while.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The GDEX was going bonkers. But yeah, that's what 3 days of showing only your exclusive games will do for you.

Is there some sort of thing going on about female characters?
It's been building for a couple of weeks.

Guerilla Games female protagonist in next game -> Androgynous Link -> Media takes it from there.

Top Bottom