• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cole Train actor contacted about reprising role in Xbox One Gears of War

Kayant

cole_2.jpg

https://twitter.com/lesterspeight/status/484942538483052545

Via Videogamer - http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/g..._reprising_role_in_xbox_one_gears_of_war.html

Great decision IMO his performance on gears were great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTAVTkQx72w

-MD-

Was hoping they'd go a less cheesy route with 4.

Ah well, if they're gonna keep hamming it up Cole Train's alright in my book.

For some reason I'm really hoping the new gears is a prequel set in the pendulum wars that transitions into the beginning of the locust invasion.

EGM1966

Maybe a Gears Collection 1080p@60fps and dedicated servers....
/One can dream right

If Halo collection does well I fully expect a Gears collection too (in fact wouldn't be surprised if already being worked on).

MS needs to get as many of the core Halo/Gears fans (who represent a potential install base comfortably higher than they've currently sold) on XB1 as they can and while new Gears/Halo is required the quickest option is probably a remaster. Halo's already announced and a good Gears collection would be a no-brainer too. Bring on a lot of Gears fans and set them up for the next installment on XB1.

This had better be for a Gears Collection. I want the new games to be set around new characters, new locations, new and more exotic enemy types, etc.

If it's set around the same characters, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

This had better be for a Gears Collection. I want the new games to be set around new characters, new locations, new and more exotic enemy types, etc.

If it's set around the same characters, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

I agree; I think it's the perfect time to change the direction of the series and do something new. However, if it were for a Gears Collection, would they really re-hire voice actors to re-record lines?! Seems most likely Cole will be in Gears One.

I agree; I think it's the perfect time to change the direction of the series and do something new. However, if it were for a Gears Collection, would they really re-hire voice actors to re-record lines?! Seems most likely Cole will be in Gears One.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Sigh, I guess we better get ready for more of the same then. So much for hoping that a new team would push the series in a new direction and give it a new lease of life.

If the new game does feature Cole, I just can't see how it's not going to be bogged down by everything in the past trilogy. A new clean break from those titles along with a shift to a new location and centred around new characters would have been perfect. They could have taken the series in the direction a lot people hoped it would go with Gears 1 and made it more of a survival horror.

Bah.

monome

as long as Cole and Marcus bromance is not the focus of the story whereas the worldbuilding happens when you collect items in back alleys, then whatever suits Black Tusks is fine with me. I'll play for the graphics and game design first and foremost.

GoaThief

Maybe a Gears Collection 1080p@60fps and dedicated servers....
/One can dream right
To Hell with the collection, Gears 1 multiplayer will do. Same team size, same weapons, but dedicated servers. Oh, and team voice chat that switches to global between rounds. Could always throw in a few new maps to freshen things up too.

I'm sold already.

I was hoping for something of a reboot / re-imagining to freshen things up. Disappointing if they are just going to continue with the same tired shit.

I think that so long as he's not a main character, I'd like to see him come back. The series really needs to move on, but there's no need to completely erase everything that came before. Have this next one be set a decade or two down the road, with the original squad assuming positions as mentors and authority figures (or possibly just celebrity personalities, in Cole's case. Dude seems like he'd like to get his life back as close to "normal" as possible.) It'd give the world a nice sense of continuity.

Top Bottom