• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: News about last-gen Assassin's Creed is coming soon

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Presumably the rumored Comet game about reusing as many AC3 and AC4 assets as possible.

IGN said:
During an investor call today, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said more information regarding a last-gen Assassin's Creed title could be on its way.

"More info on that soon," he said. "It will come soon."

This Assassin's Creed title may be Assassin's Creed Comet, which will allegedly star a Templar in North America. The title was originally leaked alongside the announcement of Assassin's Creed Unity, the next-gen title releasing this fall, but no new information has been revealed about the game for Xbox 360 and PS3.
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/10/last-gen-assassins-creed-to-be-revealed-soon

C'mon IGN, if Comet is for last-gen and Unity is for next-gen, what's current-gen?

tumblr_mw40nszrKv1shzkujo1_500.gif

li bur

Soon?

I don't know, holiday is close and they haven't promoting the game, let alone announcing it. How do they expect the consumer gonna know about the game?

Xav

I wonder if they'll pull another "Splinter Cell Double Agent" and have the "A" team work on the last generation version whilst the "B" team works on the current generation one.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
On a side note, I saw an AC Xbox ad during yesterday's WC semi final. The game is out on october and they already advertize it on TV? 0_o

Vashetti

Banned
If this is Black Flag 2 then uhhhhh, why not a PS4/XB1 port too?

Maybe it'll come early next year like Liberation HD did this year.

Auctopus

Looking forward to this, always interested to see in which direction the franchise is taken next. Too bad I'm not always interested in actually playing them.

If this is Black Flag 2 then uhhhhh, why not a PS4/XB1 port too?

Maybe it'll come early next year like Liberation HD did this year.

It's not Black Flag 2.5 it's AC III.5. Rumors were pretty clear that's it's heavily reusing assets from AcIII, so while it's likely to have ship combat in some form, that's not the focus. This is just a cash in on the last gen.

Shinta

Banned
I'm still making my way through Brotherhood. Probably 60% done. Got then all for $10 a piece up to AC3.

I'll be ready for Comet in 2-3 years.

Top Bottom