• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars supported wheel list released

Updating since the game is out now:

2TonBne.jpg

Ranging from a new adopter, to a veteran race fan, or even a professional sim driver - Slightly Mad Studios is committed to ensuring as many wheels and controllers are supported at launch as possible.

And with over 20 years in the field of gaming, a close collaboration with Thrustmaster means Project CARS will offer an unrivalled experience - the most high performance, ultra-precise racing wheels being used to drive flawlessly-reproduced recreations of a wide range of iconic, powerful, and beautiful vehicles.

Source: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Old list for posterity:

Bonus comparison video of ingame footage of someone playing Project Cars with a Thrustmaster T500RS and real life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiFsh-1aH4

Foshy

Looks very dire so far. i really really hope Logitech wheels (g27, specifically) will be supported at launch.

Gestault

I know the roadblocks matter, but it's so frustrating to be sitting on a Driving Force GT that can't play well with either of the newer consoles.

vids

Unconfirmed Member
Guess no wheel support info on Wii U as of yet.

I'm disappointed in the delay. Hope we get proper wheel support options if we're waiting while this releases on all other platforms. Feeling like a 2nd class citizen.

I know the roadblocks matter, but it's so frustrating to be sitting on a Driving Force GT that can't play well with either of the newer consoles.

I guess its a Logitech thing. Having to do with them supplying drivers for it. I figured since it was the branded Gran Turismo wheel they would at least have drivers for that.

Guess no wheel support info on Wii U as of yet.

I'm disappointed in the delay. Hope we get proper wheel support options if we're waiting while this releases on all other platforms. Feeling like a 2nd class citizen.

Does the Wii U even have actual racing wheels released for it?

StuBurns

Banned
Not bought a wheel since early PS2 for GT3. I take it Logitech is worth waiting out for? I wasn't planning on grabbing the game till Morpheus hit anyway.

Ridley327

It stands to reason that they would be able to support wheels in-game without them being "officially" supported by Nintendo, but with that SKU being delayed into next year, I can't imagine there's much call for them to finalize a list for the system just quite yet.

Sorc3r3r

T500rs supported, that's great.

A step closer on purchasing this game, some good review and the deal will be sealed.

I don't know if Logitech is ever going to work with Sony on getting out drivers. I think they're scaling back on their gaming devices.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So Andy Tudor's answer to the Wii U wheels question was kind of "Next week...in game magazines... ". Or he didn't even bother to read the conversation.

SmokyDave

Ah, pisser. I really don't want to fork out for a Thrustmaster wheel, and I'm pretty certain that my PS4 will run this better than my PC. I'd assumed Logitech support would've been the first thing they sorted for the PS4 version. Grumble.

Nope.

hwalker84

Anyone from Pittsburgh (Not willing to ship/Way too much of a hassle)

want to purchase a

Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel
Clubsport Pedals
Sequential and 8 Speed shifter
Wireless adapter
Clubsport Wheel Stand

DieH@rd

Banned
I really hope that eventually PS4 will get support for few most popular Logitech wheels.

My G27 will be very sad if its unsupported when GT7 is released.

I really hope that eventually PS4 will get support for few most popular Logitech wheels.

My G27 will be very sad if its unsupported when GT7 is released.

I think the only way it will happen is if we petition Kaz to have support in GT7. Otherwise I don't see it happening at all. My DFGT is going to be collecting dust! :(

Edit:
Is there anyone even making a racing wheel that supports Wii U at all?

This is why I find it completely asinine that people want this game (or ANY racing/driving simulator) for the Wii U!

Edit 2:
That tweet about wheel support didn't say anything about Wii U wheel support. It just stated that they would talk about wheel support in a general sense. And here we are today.

It stands to reason that they would be able to support wheels in-game without them being "officially" supported by Nintendo, but with that SKU being delayed into next year, I can't imagine there's much call for them to finalize a list for the system just quite yet.

But are their any existing wheels that work for it? They (Slightly Mad) can't just make wheels work for the Wii U if the creator of that wheel has never released drivers to make it compatible.

Metfanant

VERY happy I was able to get in on that Micro center TR500 deal last year after seeing that list...shame logitec has seemingly given up on console support to the point of not even being willing to create drivers?...as it would be nice to know my old DFGT would still work if needed

Is there anyone even making a racing wheel that supports Wii U at all?
WiiWheel.jpg

When WiiU wheels were mentioned in this thread this is honestly what I thought they were asking about.

Anyway if I were getting the WiiU version I'd just use the gamepad, these guys are working really hard making the WiiU version stand out.

Kysen

PC with G27 it is. Really a shame PS4 only supports Thrustmaster.
I'm in the same boat. Crying shame Sony can't get their shit together and create drivers for the wheels, DS3/4 and fight sticks. Looking at that console compatibility list is depressing.

I was excited for this, but I won't buy until I can use my Driving Force GT on my PS4. Or until I get a new PC (not happening anytime soon).

Sad state of affairs for next gen consoles :(, so stubborn, just let us use the universal wheels PCs support, same architecture anyways

Duxxy3

Love that nothing works from one generation to the next, even though they use the same USB connection, and the new machines are practically PC's.

darkwing

I'm in the same boat. Crying shame Sony can't get their shit together and create drivers for the wheels, DS3/4 and fight sticks. Looking at that console compatibility list is depressing.

Is it possible for Sony to reverse engineer the Logitech wheels and create the drivers themselves or will that infringe patent rights etc...

The takeaway from all this is no one in their right mind should ever consider buying a wheel for console use again. I was actually amazed that Thrustmaster had managed to get a wheel working on both PS4 and Xbox One, and then I realized the TH8A and TH3A are an add-on shifter and pedal set for other Thrustmaster wheels.

I sure as hell am not buying another wheel for any of the next-gen consoles, not if I can help it.

I could be wrong but I thought that it's currently on Logitech to provide Sony with something so they can support their devices.

bombshell

Abysmal current list on both consoles.

Come on Logitech, PS4 DFGT support now! I can maybe manage simcade DriveClub with the DS4, but no way I want to play CARS with a controller.

Sweet. Still can't decide between T500 and T300. DC and PCars both support the PS3 wheel but I'm not sure about Polyphony, maybe they will as T500 is the official GT5 and GT6 wheel.

darkwing

Abysmal current list on both consoles.

Come on Logitech, PS4 DFGT support now! I can maybe manage simcade DriveClub with the DS4, but no way I want to play CARS with a controller.

unfortunately Logitech dropped their console peripherals division, I would think there would be no one to program console drivers or would Logitech bother to license drivers or something as they are no longer selling wheel products

Metfanant

I'm pretty sure that one is on the wheel manufacturer..

Love that nothing works from one generation to the next, even though they use the same USB connection, and the new machines are practically PC's.
In farness the 500 works...bit what's equally a shame is that there are still wheels from the same manufacturer on both of the consoles that won't work on either system and that's really unacceptable (even if it was obviously expected)...

Things like wheels are expensive, and while FAR from needed..racing is one genre that really benefits from a specialized controller..I'm FAR from any sort of expert racer, but I enjoy playing with a wheel..

But I'm not about to shell out the money for two different wheels...

Sweet. Still can't decide between T500 and T300. DC and PCars both support the PS3 wheel but I'm not sure about Polyphony, maybe they will as T500 is the official GT5 and GT6 wheel.

I would feel VERY safe in assuming that at the very least the 500 will be supported by GT games on the PS4...

it was/is the official GT wheel...and Drive club support confirms that it's compatible with the PS4, so there is really no reason for Polyphony not to support it

This stuff came up in many DriveClub threads.

Thrustmaster is the only peripheral manufacturer that seems to give a damn about consoles right now, so they're delivered driver packages, and hence their stuff works.

shandy706

It's absolutely ridiculous actually. They could easily get nearly any USB wheel on earth working with the new systems.

I can plug random USB crap into my PC (any usb wheel/usb input device from consoles) and eventually get it working.

I have a Racing Seat , Pedals, and Wheel setup that is just sitting in my study unused right now. I could be playing Forza 5 with it....it's BS.

Top Bottom