• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX2 coming to Xbox One July 31st

Link

Pinball FX2 is finally coming to Xbox One! We know you’ve been eagerly awaiting this next-gen release, and we are happy to say that it will be here this month! On July 31st, you’ll be able to play many of your favorite tables on Xbox One, all running at 60 frames per second and in stunning 1080p. As always, downloading Pinball FX2 is totally free for all players, with playable demos of each table so you can try before you buy. This version will also include the Sorcerer’s Lair table absolutely free!

Our launch day table library includes the following:

• Deadpool
• Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within – Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
• Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force – Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
• Star Wars Pinball Original pack – Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
• Doctor Strange
• Zen Classics – Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
• Pinball FX2 Core pack – Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
• Marvel Civil War
• Plants VS. Zombies
• Marvel Pinball pack – Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
• Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
• Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
• Epic Quest
• Paranormal
• Sorcerer’s Lair
• Captain America
• Fantastic Four
• Mars
• Earth Defense
• Excalibur

More tables including The Walking Dead will also be added later on! News coming soon.

Prices for tables range between $2.49 and $2.99 for single tables, and $9.99 for table packs.

We’ve set up an FAQ page on our forums for those of you with questions, but don’t hesitate to let us know what you think in the comments below!

Can I import my existing Xbox 360 tables, scores, or achievements to Xbox One?

Unfortunately not. We know this is very important to fans of the Xbox 360 version, but we are very sorry to say that this was not an option made available to us on Xbox One. We always do our best to take advantage of any platform’s features whenever possible, and if a feature like cross-platform entitlement is an option for us, we will make it an option for our players. Unfortunately in this case, it was not.

Wow @ not being able to import your tables... thats a big deal?

For those who enjoy Pinball games though, here you go

flkraven

What the hell does this mean?:

We always do our best to take advantage of any platform’s features whenever possible, and if a feature like cross-platform entitlement is an option for us, we will make it an option for our players.

Is it implying that Microsoft does not allow cross-buy at all?

I purchased the game twice on 360 and pc (sadly couldn't buy every single table from the Xbox 360 version but oh well). I probably wouldn't buy it a third time but you never know.

Barbie Bobomb

Neo Member
What the hell does this mean?:

Is it implying that Microsoft does not allow cross-buy at all?

No, it just means that it was not an option made available to us. Trust me, this was something that was very important to us, and we're really bummed that we couldn't make it happen on the Xbox One. :(

flkraven

No, it just means that it was not an option made available to us. Trust me, this was something that was very important to us, and we're really bummed that we couldn't make it happen on the Xbox One. :(

D:

Well, good to know it isn't a Microsoft-wide blanket policy. Thanks for the speedy response.

I have every table on the 360 and none on my PS3. So of course Sony lets your collection of tables cross over but MS does not!

I'm not buying them again, sorry. Even if I did, PS4 is the obvious choice because Sony let collections cross over.

statham

Been looking forward to this. I just recently started playing this on PC and held off on buying boards hoping it would get a XBO release.

Will the Zen Classics tables make it over to the PS4 version? I've missed those tables since upgrading.

There's a decent amount of tables I never bought on 360, so I'm in on the PvZ and Star Wars ones at the very least. Shame about no transferring tables though, I would have thought that would be a given. :/

I have every table on the 360 and none on my PS3. So of course Sony lets your collection of tables cross over but MS does not!

I'm not buying them again, sorry. Even if I did, PS4 is the obvious choice because Sony let collections cross over.

I buy more and more download games for PlayStation because of this.

Gowans

No discounted or import of existing tables is SO SHIT! I think I'm out (had them all on 360).

Even worse that it does carry over on PS4.

Pretty sure this happened a couple of days ago?
http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=4693

It's definitely nice having nearly the full set of tables across one platform though. Sucks MS won't allow it (yet).

Sweet, I don't think I've played it since the weekend so will have to check. They definitely get kudos for picking up older tables you've already bought. Hopefully MS will be able to fix that given time.

Barbie Bobomb

Neo Member
There's a decent amount of tables I never bought on 360, so I'm in on the PvZ and Star Wars ones at the very least. Shame about no transferring tables though, I would have thought that would be a given. :/

Huge bummer for us at Zen, we know it was important to fans to be able to transfer. Hopefully we can get MS to change this for us.

U2NUMB

WTF.. I own pretty much every table on the 360... no way in hell am I re-buying them. Is it time to tweet Phil?

I was so excited for this... hype totally killed.

Does Microsoft really expect people to re-buy all those tables?
That's never gonna happen.
In fact, this is making me want to buy any future tables on PC instead.

Redshirt

Banned
Crazy that PS4 lets your carry over a 360 table collection but XB1 does not.

Edit: Added my vote on Xbox Feedback.

RE_Player

It would be insane if Microsoft didn't allow tables to be carried over. That has been life saving moving from PS3 to PS4 and my purchases work with Vita for a nice bonus.

Ade

Wow, really? That is crazy.

PS4 lets you import.

XB1 CoD offered a season pass that carried over AND they sold a single code version that unlocked the base game on both platforms.

XB1 Minecraft is reduced in price for those who own 360 Minecraft

XB1 Spartan Assault was also similarly discounted for those who own the 360 version.

Microsoft CLEARLY can offer this feature, so god only knows why they aren't.

Having to rebuy tables on the Windows 8/RT version annoyed me enough, so much so that I don't bother with it. Having to rebuy them on the XB1 would royally annoy me.

Halo SA and Minecraft are giving people upgrade prices, why can't Zen offer a upgrade price of "free" to anyone who bought tables?

And didn't Dance Central announce that tracks would be compatible? I'm kinda confused here.

Huge bummer for us at Zen, we know it was important to fans to be able to transfer. Hopefully we can get MS to change this for us.

Not blaming you persay, I realize some stuff you can't talk about and is out of your control, I'm just a little confused because cross-buy upgrade prices were offered for Halo SA, and is being offered for Minecraft (Minecraft saves even transfer), and the upcomming Dance Central game I'm pretty sure I remember seeing is offering track transfers, so why couldn't it be done here also?

Hope MS will update whatever policy is preventing this for you

edit: Just to be clear, not blaming you Zen Studios, hoping for the best for you and everyone!

Gowans

Call of Dutys season pass was DLC that transferred from 360 to Xbox one at no cost.

They just need to do that for all the tables.

Hopefully MS get into high gear and fix this before launch. I want to get excited.

Fnord

Are pinball games popular for consoles?

I loves me some Zen Pinball (nee PinballFX). In fact, I was just playing the Deadpool table before opening this thread. I know some other fans as well. Whether that answers your question is up for debate (probably not). :)

Ade

ID@XBOX favourited my tweet just now, so I guess they're certainly now aware that this is wanted.

Top Bottom