• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESA (European Speedster Assembly) marathon has begun!

hypernima

Banned
Why aren't more people watching this? Or is it not as incentive heavy as GDQ's?

Either way their layout is really well done.

While the runner/audience cam is still too big, the layout and production is much much better than the last GDQ, pretty good marathon so far.

F Zero X is crazy

Some good runs on the schedule for this marathon. Don't like the idea of choosing between two streams when they're both on at the same time tomorrow though.

gngf123

Definitely some games in the schedule I'm interested in.

Portal any% inbound should be a fun watch, one game I actually tried to speedrun a little myself before.

Edit: Oh damn a Cloudbuilt run! That is going to be amazing. Assuming the run is good, I would highly recommend people tune in for that even if they are unfamiliar with the game.

I think this went under the radar on GAF last year, only managed to catch it near the end then. Always good to see more speedrunning marathons.

Calibus

Totally misinterpreted the title. Thought it would be a speed computer building tournament. That would be awesome.

Revven

Totally misinterpreted the title. Thought it would be a speed computer building tournament. That would be awesome.

Yeahh... I think the OP's title should be edited to say "speedrunning marathon" but it's probably too late for that.

Recall

Have they finally gotten around to fixing the audio and making the game screen actually a worthwhile size? Last years was pretty underwhelming coming after the GDQ event.

asker

That Battle Kid race was great. Spiriax was going hard.
Yeah he really got fired up after making some mistakes initially, went into reckless abandon mode and totally blasted through the last two thirds of the game. It was glorious!

Cyrano

Holy crap they're doing Dark Souls and Silent Hill 2... consider my interest piqued.

edit: wait... Lightning Returns in 3 hours!?

Revven

Have they finally gotten around to fixing the audio and making the game screen actually a worthwhile size? Last years was pretty underwhelming coming after the GDQ event.

It looks and sounds pretty fine to me this year. At least on-par if not better than SGDQ 2014.

yatesl

Ha, I didn't realise. He's playing like I was when I was fighting him in NG+.

Oh wait, he was supposed to do it in 1:40? Oh man, now I'm really gutted I missed the rest!

Kikujiro

I like the list of games ESA runs a lot better then SGDQ, much more variety and not so Nintendo heavy.

I agree, much more variety. The organization and production are great too.

The Dark Souls' run was bad, but it was hilarious and fun, some of you take these things too seriously. Why kill the run when people are having fun? I'm pretty sure he got even more donations thanks to the failings.

SZips

I've caught SGDQ and AGDQ a few times now but never watched ESA. This thing seriously needs some more love. It seems like they have a great format set up and a really packed schedule.

Hahahaha, damn. That donation from "UltraJMan" was read out and it was clearly not him. He gave a shout out to his BFF "MommaSlaps". Oh god. Don't think many people picked up on that.

Top Bottom