• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force V2 coming to PS Vita

Drac84

I had a surprising amount of fun playing the original on 360 coop at a friend’s place years and years ago. Looking forward to this.

Ridley327

I had a surprising amount of fun playing the original on 360 coop at a friend’s place years and years ago. Looking forward to this.

This isn't that game, although it is already on the Vita. This is an enhanced port of the second game, which never came to the US and had been previously ported from the PS2 onto the PSP.

But how will they retcon this to fit the story from 2017 onwards?

But seriously, I wasn't expecting to get the second one as well. Who would have imagined having almost the whole series here in the PS2 days?

sono

mother-of_godtcua4.gif

HOLY SHIT YES. I'm in for the third time (originally played the PAL localisation, then imported the Japanese version, then the PSP port later on). EDF 2 is so fucking good. I was kinda thinking Sandlot would attempt to port 2025 to Vita, but man, this is so much better. <3

While I do like EDF, the framerate problems on the Vita version were somehow even worse than the mainline console releases. When are we getting word on EDF PS4?

crinale

HOLY SHIT YES. I'm in for the third time (originally played the PAL localisation, then imported the Japanese version, then the PSP port later on). EDF 2 is so fucking good. I was kinda thinking Sandlot would attempt to port 2025 to Vita, but man, this is so much better. <3

Yeah EDF2 remake sounds better than EDF2025 port to me too.
As some of you already know EDF2017 is pseudo-remake of EDF1 (that's why it never had Palewing for console version), and EDF2017 Vita is 2017 with Palewing added to it, so some of you may felt Palewing was "attached" to that game rather than built in from the beginning.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
GIVE IT TO ME D3/BANDAI NAMCO
Loved EDF2017 on the Vita and I've heard that EDF2 is the best one, so day 1 if brought over. Don't care if it's digital since EDF2017 Portable was a pretty small game.

While I do like EDF, the framerate problems on the Vita version were somehow even worse than the mainline console releases. When are we getting word on EDF PS4?

2025 runs like hot garbage on the PS3 to the point of freezing at times.

Looking forward to this, hopefully it gets brought over quickly!

Literally every EDF fan needs to buy this, Global Defence Force (EDF2) was hands down the best in the series. Not only was there way more variety in the missions and enemies than all other games in the series, but it had the best bosses as well - Godzilla, a massive worm thing and a final boss that manages to have even more firepower than the mothership of 2025, so many lasers flying in your direction that it brings the PS2 to it's knees.

meppi

Holy shit! Wasn't expecting this at all!

Game of the year part 2 for me! :D

Wonder how long it will take till we see EDF on PS4.
Since the previous one sold this good, it's pretty much a given.

oh fuck yes, retail release for this one please D3Publisher

Well they are doing a "Double Enlistment Pack" again, so I'm positive this will be retail as well as on PSN. :)

Top Bottom