• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes producer: It's not a Musou game (^-^)/

zeromcd73

8RiLyTk.png

4GamerNews tweets the reveal of the upcoming PS4/PS3 Dragon Quest Heroes game with a Musou!? at the front of the topic. The producer of the game then replies saying it isn't a Musou game.

Get hyped guys! We're also getting a stage demo of the game at TGS!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
8RiLyTk.png

4GamerNews tweets the reveal of the upcoming PS4/PS3 Dragon Quest Heroes game with a Musou!? at the front of the topic. The producer of the game then replies saying it isn't a Musou game.

Get hyped guys!

You are acting like "Musou" is an insult ;p
Btw, the horde of enemies that you are fighting in the trailer totally look like Musou. We'll see if there will be maybe more RPG statistic element (but also in Musou there are levels, different weapons, and so on).

HIR0

Lol at your tag.
We tried to tell you..

Anyway, this is an interesting development.
It was as defined as a action RPG.
I wonder how it will differ from a regular musou game if the producer's tweet is true.

Atram

hmm it looks like a musou Game, it seems to play like a musou Game, it has an additional All Star Cast like a Musou Game, you will fight thousands of enemys like in Musou Games

but it´s not a Musou Game :D

RpgN

That's what I thought. They clearly were specific with calling it an action RPG. At least I hope the tweet is not being a bit misleading.

zeromcd73

hmm it looks like a musou Game, it seems to play like a musou Game, it has an additional All Star Cast like a Musou Game, you will fight thousands of enemys like in Musou Games

but it´s not a Musou Game :D
Looks can be deceiving.

My tag says that I'm ready to suck dicks but clearly I'm not and never will be.

You are acting like "Musou" is an insult ;p
Btw, the horde of enemies that you are fighting in the trailer totally look like Musou. We'll see if there will be maybe more RPG statistic element (but also in Musou there are levels, different weapons, and so on).

level in musou game usually means nothing, maybe to unlock longer combo and second or third musou attack.

I hope this one goes all out RPG complete with building your character stat, getting different skill etc. I've only played DQ5 and DQ8 to completion, twice for DQ8 and I remember building my character skill with different weapon greatly changed the way my character play. so I hope DQ Heroes has element like that, with characters actually felt different to play depending on your build.

mao2

So it's Dragon Quest Swords?
dragon-quest-swords-the-masked-queen-and-the-tower-of-mirrors-20080508022127664-2389860_320w.jpg

-___- don't try to wriggle out of it being one...
I hope they include Fleurette in Dragon Quest Heroes because I really like her design.

That's what I thought. They clearly were specific with calling it an action RPG. At least I hope the tweet is not being a bit misleading.
Plus there's no "Musou" in the title. Can't wait to see more of it.

smokeyp

I believe the representative from KT mentioned that they will be mixing ikkitousen with Toukiden-style huge-type monsters and offense/defense along with some other new stuff.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Maybe they're just saying that so that people won't think this is a Koei collaboration.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
During the conference they've said that "the game combines the refreshing feeling of fighting multiple enemies from a musou game with big boss fights from Toukiden titles".
Edit:
Beaten like a footman in a musou game.
I believe the representative from KT mentioned that they will be mixing ikkitousen with Toukiden-style huge-type monsters and offense/defense along with some other new stuff.
Here's the exact moment.

Percy

Banned
Well, this was fairly obvious when it was called an action RPG, no?

Would have been fine with it being a Musou title personally, but an RPG in the vein of Trinity would be even better.

Game looks nice though, which is the important part.

Dambrosi

Banned
So by that, he means that Dragon Warriors Quest Heroes: Not Rocket Slime is more like Xtreme Legends to Hyrule Warriors' mainline Musou design? Because that's the only distinction that makes sense.

Edit: Ah, I see the explanation above. Here's hoping for a spiritual Trinity successor, I love that game. But I'll be damned if that doesn't still look like a Musou game to me.

Guymelef

During the conference they've said that "the game combines the refreshing feeling of fighting multiple enemies from a musou game with big boss fights from Toukiden titles".

So Dragon Quest Hunter Musou, Japan will love it, something like Strikefroce.
Probably a Vita version would be a intelligent move.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So exactly like Hyrule Warriors. Big Boss Fights and other unique things added to represent its franchise.
Yeah, the footage they've shown looked like reskinned Hyrule Warriors (which plays like reskinned musou game with big bosses).

Corto

They can have a deep leveling system, with specialization and equipment perks along with some sort of narrative/story building, but the combat that they showed sure seemed like a hack and slash with waves of enemies like a musou dinasty warrior kind of game.

Takao

Banned
Dynasty Warriors is just a regular hack-and-slash title. Dragon Quest Heroes is an extreme hack-and-slash title.

Top Bottom