• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most severe gameover scenarios

MormaPope

Banned
zelda%20moonface--article_image.jpg

Gotta give it to Majora's Mask. That image alone makes me quiver, no joke, for some reason that moon scares the shit out of me. It looking down, coming closer, killing all the people in the town, in the surrounding areas, the planet.

The other images remind me of nuclear annihilation.

With the speed the Moon comes down in MM would it really cause much damage? Sure the town would be flattened and be some rumbling in the surrounding areas but that is pretty much it.

Pretty much everything in Dead Space. That game really chooses to make you see all of the Issacs suffering in gruesome detail each and every time you mess up.

Kysen

Re6 hk market when you get grabbed by one of the detachable zombies and forced into a meat grinder.

I don't wish to post pictures of this because they are obviously HUGE spoilers, but:

The bad endings in Persona 4. Holy shit.

And they do the job they're supposed to do - they make you go "No, it can't end like this" and try again.

KyleCross

I'd probably say Haunting Ground. While it isn't shown what happens to Fiona when she is killed by a stalker it can be pretty easily assumed from the sound effects and just by knowing things about the stalkers themselves. One tears her apart like a doll, another cuts out her uterus, and then the others basically rape her.

That game is pretty messed up.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Re6 hk market when you get grabbed by one of the detachable zombies and forced into a meat grinder.
This one caught me off guard. First time I saw it I was like

9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif

King_Moc

Banned
There's that one in 999 where
out of nowhere, everyone gets killed by someone with an axe in a matter or minutes.

That caught me off guard, lol.

tensuke

In New Super Mario Bros U when you get a game over you go back to the beginning stage and lose all progress since you last saved, which sometimes includes the last 4 hours of finding most of the star coins and beating the bonus levels.

With the speed the Moon comes down in MM would it really cause much damage? Sure the town would be flattened and be some rumbling in the surrounding areas but that is pretty much it.

Yeah man; it's so slow I'm sure it would only cause global catastrophes and knock the planet slightly out of orbit!

Ninja Gaiden Arcade had a pretty brutal "insert quarter" countdown for its time. I'm on mobile, otherwise I'd post a screen.

This one caught me off guard. First time I saw it I was like
lol. the opposite of this is near the end when you're fighting
Wesker in the plane
if you mess up a QTE, he just snaps Chris' neck and it's game over. that had me and my co-op partner laughing our asses off.

Compsiox

Banned
Getting killed in rust when you have a lot of stuff but didn't have enough time to build a house.

Not only is it disappointing it's horrifying.

The end bit of Portal where Glados treats you to your 'victory incandescence after the last test chamber. Not particularly brutal, but very abrupt- such a shame there wasn't more to the game.

Harmen

The action-horror games have the most memorable ones for me, especially Dead Space 2. But RE:4 and TLOU as well.

Tomb Raider also has quite a few gruesome death scenes, too. Those spikes...

Cheeky

The bad ending in Dangan Ronpa 1. Its rather bizarre with the stuff that is implied to happen.

The conqueror/ruler ending in Neptunia mk2. To say that this is out of place way to end a game would be an understatement.

Top Bottom