• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs: Wii U version officially dated for November

L~A

100% official now.

Nintendo Fans!! Bam!!! Watch Dogs will be available for Wii U on Nov 20th! ;)

I guess Nov. 18 really is the NA release date.

Source

NA Press Release said:
Ubisoft® Announces Watch Dogs™ Release Date For Wii U™

SAN FRANCISCO – September 10, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that record-breaking open-world action game, Watch Dogs, will be available for the Wii U™ system from Nintendo on November 18 in North America.

Watch Dogs will take advantage of the Wii U specific hardware with a detailed and interactive map of Chicago to be displayed on the Wii U™ GamePad. The game also features Off-TV Play, letting gamers continue playing Watch Dogs solely on the Wii U GamePad.

The development of Watch Dogs on Wii U is being led by Ubisoft Bucharest, in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal.

Watch Dogs tells the story of Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. Now on the hunt for those who hurt his family, players will be able to monitor and hack their enemies by manipulating everything connected to the city’s Central Operating System (ctOS). Watch Dogs lets the player use Chicago as their ultimate weapon and exact their own style of revenge.

Watch Dogs is currently available for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

UK Press Release said:
London, UK – September 10, 2014 – Today, Ubisoft announced that record-breaking open-world action game, Watch Dogs, will be available for the Wii U™ system from Nintendo on November 21 in the UK.

Watch Dogs will take full advantage of the Wii U specific hardware with a detailed and interactive map of Chicago displayed on the Wii U™ GamePad. The game also features Off-TV Play, letting gamers continue playing Watch Dogs solely on the Wii U GamePad.

Lucifon

itshappening.gif

Wjdb.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Now see Super Smash Bros. for Wii U being released one day later.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Oh Jeeze I hope this doesn't turn into yet another other sales thread. How toxic.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol and then publisher complain about why their games aren't selling well on Wii U. If you had time and resources to port this game on 360 and PS3. There should be no excuse for this huge delay.

Hopefully it does well.

Riki

Still no footage of this version at all, huh?
I wonder if they really have been spending the past 5+ months making it better or if it will be a bigger piece of shit than most expect.

Brofield

Oh yeah, I still got my preorder down from FutureShop for $40 still waiting.

Do you think they'll have learned from mistakes made and make this a definitive version, or should I just cancel the preorder and wait for this to drop to $20 and let the last western 3rd party effort on Wii U die out?

Mr-Joker

Banned
Too close to Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Smash Wii U, sorry Ubisoft but I will pass on this.

Who knows? maybe I might get it once the price drops in price though why bother when the sequel won't get a Wii U port.

Just watch this bomb badly and Ubisoft try and pin the blame on Nintendo and the fan base.

JoeM86

Watch Dogs will take full advantage of the Wii U specific hardware with a detailed and interactive map of Chicago displayed on the Wii U™ GamePad. The game also features Off-TV Play, letting gamers continue playing Watch Dogs solely on the Wii U GamePad.

All that delay for nothing.

SuperSah

Banned
And it's going to sell like shit, then Ubisoft will whinge that nobody on Wii U wants M rated titles then will totally abandon support for it.

...wait

PetrCobra

I'm kind of nervous. What if it's actually good? I didn't count on having to buy another game this year, apart of Bayo 1+2, both Smashes and maybe one or two of those best of's I haven't picked up yet.

Effect

Hopefully it does well.

No way it can. I question why it even should. Nothing will come of it if it does. They're not going to suddenly change their mind about releasing games for the Wii U. They don't do anything on the 3DS. Support is already gone and it's not like it's ever coming back. Ubisoft said no more mature games. That means Just Dance only because mature rated games is all they make outside of that or crap shovelware z ending games no one wants. Part of me wants the middle finger directed at Ubisoft and for this to crash and burn. There is no negative consequence to that happening that hasn't already been said and done I feel. There is nothing else of value they can pull.

Sify64

Haha, Ubisoft are actually going through with it. I wonder how little the game is going sell... 100 or 1000 units ltd. Lol

Bulbasaur

Banned
As a single console owner and this being one of the last announced 3rd party (and Ubi's very last ) mature title for the system I'll def grab it at some stage.

liquidtmd

Banned
*Reads thread title, spits out coffee*

Oh man, they were serious? It's coming? Really?

As suggested, watch this be the same day as Smash

Pharaun

Yay I guess. It's too bad that it will get little to no marketing push and will get destroyed by Smash in the holiday season.

I'll still buy it.

You develop a game around carrying a cell phone and hacking and you use the gamepad for a map?! Way to shovel it onto the console in the laziest manner possible.

jholmes

Now that we have the date, can we get a look at it running on Wii U?

This has to be below $60, or have DLC built-in. Or both. Right?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Definitely buying this, though the lack of screenshots does worry me.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Oh Jeeze I hope this doesn't turn into yet another other sales thread. How toxic.

How dare they to waste their resnurces for this and not for my brand new dlc for my ps4?! Lol

btx, will they show something before release? The only interest I had was about gamepad hacking mechanics, so..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
lol and then publisher complain about why their games aren't selling well on Wii U. If you had time and resources to port this game on 360 and PS3. There should be no excuse for this huge delay.

Hopefully it does well.
Yeah, it's pretty bad in this case. They can't POSSIBLY expect the Wii U version to actually sell particularly well. I have little doubt that this will be, technically, the worst version of Watch Dogs and, on top of that, I don't think this is the type of game the Wii U audience wants. Most people that really wanted to play Watch Dogs have already played it I'm sure.

And it's going to sell like shit, then Ubisoft will whinge that nobody on Wii U wants M rated titles then will totally abandon support for it.
At least Ubisoft gave it a chance. ZombiU was an exclusive, mature Wii U game that was quite good and available at launch.

Have any late Wii U ports not bombed? I can't imagine this is going to fare any better.

/not hating on the Wii U, more the concept of late ports.

zruben

Banned
Still no footage of this version at all, huh?
I wonder if they really have been spending the past 5+ months making it better or if it will be a bigger piece of shit than most expect.

I can almost bet they were looking for creative ways to gimp the game.

liquidtmd

Banned
Wii U Watch Dogs six months + after all other versions, released near one of the systems most anticipated titles since launch = doesn't sell big numbers.

Ubi: "Well obviously the market just isn't there. No more Wii U support from us! Trololol"

RPGCrazied

Please let it run better than the PS3 version, from the videos I saw it didn't look hot. Screen tearing, texture pop ups and other things. All I have is a PS3 and Wii U. What are the chances this version would be better than PS3/360 versions?

Haunted

huge shock when this will bomb spectacularly and Ubi will never develop anything for Nintendo again

except Just Dance

qko

If $60, it better have the Season Pass included for free.

Or exclusive content that expands the game not like a new skin for a car or some stupid stuff like that.

I'd only pay $30-$40 if its a bare bones version.

zruben

Banned
At least Ubisoft gave it a chance. ZombiU was an exclusive, mature Wii U game that was quite good and available at launch.

I officially hate all the people who didn't buy ZombiU.
It's an incredible game that makes very creative use of the Gamepad. Shame on you all, non-buyers!

maxcriden

I officially hate all the people who didn't buy ZombiU.
It's an incredible game that makes very creative use of the Gamepad. Shame on you all, non-buyers!

Wayyyy too scary for me.

(Also, I suspect W_D will bomb. This will be the emoticon to represent UbiSoft's reaction: W_D)

Top Bottom