• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Middle - Season 6 - Wednesdays 8/7c on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinopoisk.ru-The-Middle-1686301.jpg

The series features Frances "Frankie" Heck (Patricia Heaton), a working class, middle-aged, Midwestern woman and her husband Mike (Neil Flynn), who reside in the small fictional town of Orson, in southwest Indiana. They are the parents of three children, Axl (Charlie McDermott), Sue (Eden Sher), and Brick (Atticus Shaffer).
Thought maybe this show needed a thread for once. It's hilarious.
Premieres today Sept 24th.

G0523

That wasn't that bad of an episode. Brick was really annoying with his bag situation. Everyone else was fine though. It was nice to see them all relaxing in the pool even if it was cut short. And yay Year of Sue! She finally got her braces off!

There should be a dancing Sue gif like there was a dancing Penny. (Never forget the Year of Penny.)

gdt

I checked out a few eps in S1, I thought it was funny enough. Had no idea it was still running.

And that little kid still looks the same....strange... At least from the pic up top.

I'm up late a lot, and tend to aimlessly watch sitcoms at 2 and 3am. Caught this a couple of times and thought it was decent.

I've been PVRing old and new episodes over the last couple of weeks and enjoying them. It's an entertaining show. Nothing amazing, but something to relax with.

Jarrod38

Watched the new one during lunch and damn the ending I didn't see coming at all. Next week should be interesting.

I PVR every episode of The Middle that I haven't seen, so I've been watching episodes from each season over the past few weeks. As such, Darren and Sue's relationship has been out-of-order for me.

I'm really enjoying the show, though. It's my latest sitcom addiction.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I never talk about it, but I really do love this show. At first I thought it'd just be useless fluff, but over time I came to realize it has surprisingly strong character development and continuity. There's been a lot of good call backs to earlier seasons.

ABC's Wednesday family comedy block is pretty solid overall.

Jarrod38

Eden Sher needs to get at least an Emmy nod for her role as Sue. Her character is the best on the show and she can pull it off right.

maxcriden

Really superb ep. Some thoughts I shared with another GAFer:

I'm really not sure what Sue will do. On the one hand she and Darren are very sweet together and there's no real reason they can't be together forever if they want to. OTOH Sue is a very young kind of 17 and I don't know if being with Darren is going to allow her to do all the things she's going to want to do in life. So it's a mixed bag in that way. If you love someone truly that's the most important thing but I don't know if she intends to be with him forever. So I dunno. I could see it going either way. I am sure it is going to lead to some hard convos between Sue and her parents.

Where do you guys see it going?

Also, funniest moment: Frankie saying "it's just one genderless short person kissing a genderless tall person in front of a little boy, nothing weird about it!" Bwahaha.

Hopefully that pilot will fail and the Middle will continue with Axl. He's quite possibly my favourite character. I like Mike a lot as well.

ABC sounds dumb as hell.

Guh. Say what? That's...so unfortunate. I can understand Axel not being a series regular I suppose, but...meh. Not pleased to hear this. BTW, wasn't Rupert Grint the star in the last pilot cycle for this show?

Hopefully that pilot will fail and the Middle will continue with Axl. He's quite possibly my favourite character. I like Mike a lot as well.

Don't worry about it guys. The Middle comes first and if it is renewed, they'll have to replace him on the pilot.

The Middle is a perfectly cast show.

As I said, I've been saving each episode I haven't seen. Tonight, I watched the one where Sue starts wearing make-up after Carly gets pretty, and they go to the boy/girl party on Valentine's Day. The kids ruin Mike and Frankie's plans.

It was pretty solid.

That's nonsense. His contract is up, he is under no obligation to The Middle at all.
No. Read the article again.
His contract is up at the end of the season in May or June.
His contract with the Middle is first position if I remember what Ivysaur told me about contracts. It takes precedence overall.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Oh, good point. Thank you. It's a bit sad to think he doesn't prefer to be on the show, though.

I think it's a good move for him. Going from a supporting player to headling your own show is an opportunity many actors wouldn't pass up.

No. Read the article again.
His contract is up at the end of the season in May or June.
His contract with the Middle is first position if I remember what Ivysaur told me about contracts. It takes precedence overall.

What's your point? Actors shoot pilots while under contract all the time, so I assume there is some sort of standard clause in the contracts that covers that. If The Middle is renewed (likely but not certain as all the contracts would need to be renegotiated), they can do nothing to stop him from leaving.

maxcriden

I think it's a good move for him. Going from a supporting player to headling your own show is an opportunity many actors wouldn't pass up.

Oh, absolutely. I understand this completely. I just like to have this Friends-esque picture in my mind of modern sitcoms and have this romantic notion that the people who gel so well on screen are absolutely committed to the role because they enjoy doing it so much. I understand that's probably unrealistic, though.

That was a really good episode. One of the better ones I've seen, in fact.

The main plot of Sue's decision was interesting and well-played, especially with how Mike and Frankie were about it. And Axl fixing Brick was hilarious.

Axl kind of stole the show there, though, in the bedroom.

Choomp

Banned
Oh cool a thread for The Middle. Didn't know we had one, enjoy the show watch it every week.
And I only cried for like 20 minutes. Seriously I hope if the series ends Sue and Darren actually do end up married.

Wtf was with that turn the show took, lol? Last weeks was really funny. Didn't get to see tonight's.

vypek

Is Brick supposed to seriously be "better" now? Lol. I would love it if Axl was right.

And does anyone else feel like there is some grainy filter on the show sometimes? The rest of ABC doesn't ever have that look for me except during this show. Maybe its something on my end somehow. I don't know but this one show looks particularly odd sometimes

Is Brick supposed to seriously be "better" now? Lol. I would love it if Axl was right.

And does anyone else feel like there is some grainy filter on the show sometimes? The rest of ABC doesn't ever have that look for me except during this show. Maybe its something on my end somehow. I don't know but this one show looks particularly odd sometimes

He seemed fixed, but it's unlikely. Axl's methods kept giving him new ticks, which was hilarious - especially during the supper scene.

I'm watching an old episode, with Boss Co's "Ask a Girl to Prom" service and Sue's driver's license jealousy.

Thoughts:

1) I hate Reverend Tim Tom

2) Cassidy is smoking hot.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
This is probably the last great season this show will have. From what I read, lots of contracts expired and its not all settled for next season. If the writers change, it's all down hill.

By the way, this is the best comedy on TV right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom