• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update from Game UK on Loyalty Shares

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just received this email

Congratulations on being one of our lucky customers who received 50 virtual loyalty shares back in June!

At the time they were issued, your virtual shares were worth £2 each (based on the launch price of Game Digital plc). Since the launch of the shares I'm pleased to announce that the share value as of last night has risen to £2.82. This means that the total value of your virtual shares is now £141.

In 15 days (16th October) it will be your first opportunity to make a decision on what to do with your shares. You will have 3 options:

1. Redeem 100% of your virtual shares for GAME Reward points
2. Redeem 50% of your virtual shares for GAME Reward points
3. Redeem 0% of your virtual shares for GAME Reward points

Take some time over the next 2 weeks to decide what you want to do with your virtual shares. Remember that the value of shares can rise or fall. Also bear in mind that if the company decides to pay dividends on Game Digital plc shares, then you may end up with more value in your virtual share account if you have chosen to keep more of your shares.

You will have 5 more opportunities to redeem your virtual shares for Reward points, the next opportunity being in March 2015.

Congratulations once again and I'll be in touch again with more information about what you need to do on 16th October.

Moobabe

£140 quid's worth of points sounds nice to me. Witcher, Dragon Age, Bloodborne all sorted.

Thanks Game.

Leg-End

Got this myself, forgot I was even awarded them.

Tempting to hold onto them and hope they raise but damn its a good time to get some free games. Think I'll cash in.

LoveCake

Is there anyone with legal or financial training as i would like to know for sure that people will be getting actual free money/points that can be used to buy goods.

This is the T&C's for the shares on the GAME site http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...atalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151#tandcs

GAME have given 20,000 people these shares & if they are valued at £141 for each person then that is £2.8m (Two Million Eight Hundred Thousand pounds)!

What i am suggesting is this is not going to be like the Hoover Fee Flights fiasco that bankrupted the company is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_free_flights_promotion

What i am suggesting is this is not going to be like the Hoover Fee Flights fiasco that bankrupted the company is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_free_flights_promotion
In the case of the Hoover one they banked on a lot of customers not bothering rather than it being something hotukdeals would be proud of buying the applicances for the flights.

In the case of GAME; 20,000 customers that are already selected and there is an upper cap on the share price. I think it was £4. That is a total of £4 million at most. It will take a tad more than that to kill GAME...again.

I also feel it is likely many of those customers probably won't take the deal up either (details lapsed etc).

If I've won (I don't think I have) I'd probably go for 0% as I really need to spend the £40 I have on a gift card.

LoveCake

How do you get involved in this? I'd love £141.

GAME gave 20,000 of it's most loyal or valued customers virtual shares a few months back http://www.theguardian.com/business...hoppers-virtual-loyalty-shares-400m-flotation

I am not sure how they worked it out, i have used GAME stores & online for well since they opened, i do use others like ShopTo & Amazon but i want games shops (of any sort) on the high street.

If you are not one of the 20,000 then you have missed out.

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member
I've got that email as well, how do you cash in these shares?

There'll be another email at some point within the next two weeks, explaining what to do if you want to exchange all or half of your shares on the redemption date. I'm guessing you'll just have to go to your local store with your reward card (or phone if you use the GAME app) and they'll add your points at the till.

Ubersnug

Im going to hold onto mine and see how the prices fluctuate on the 2nd redemption date. If they haven't increased by much then, ill probably cash them in at that point.

LoveCake

I'm going to look into this & see what the professionals say about GAMES share price prospects, i'm going to find the share certificate i got as well.

t3TkzWs.png

i'm cashing in for sure. not going to risk it going down. Not even sure how I got selected seeing as I hadn't shopped there in years except to buy a PS4 as a gift. Got lucky I guess.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well if you actually won like i did, you had to go to your nearest game store and collect a certificate,

as far as im aware, you need to go back to that store with the certificate and your reward card when you want to cash in, in this case October 16th, and you say then how much you wanna do.

my local game store seem to actually know their shit.

some guy was going to buy the 2ds other day and the guy working there recomennded he should hold of till next month when new pokemon comes (he was going to get pokemon y/x at time)

he said they are gonna have a promotion with the new pokemon ( a special designed 2ds with pokemon omega/sapphire and pokemon x/y)

well if you actually won like i did, you had to go to your nearest game store and collect a certificate,

as far as im aware, you need to go back to that store with the certificate and your reward card when you want to cash in, in this case October 16th, and you say then how much you wanna do.

some guy was going to buy the 2ds other day and the guy working there recomennded he should hold of till next month when new pokemon comes (he was going to get pokemon y/x at time)

he said they are gonna have a promotion with the new pokemon ( a special designed 2ds with pokemon omega/sapphire and pokemon x/y)

I was wondering how you would claim it. Thanks

LoveCake

It HAS to be on the 16th of October?

LoveCake

I think i will use mine to get a Xbone & FH2 for £170 (after cancelling my order for the X360 FH2 version)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i dont think it has to be on day probs few days after too

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Fuck, I never collected the certificate or was at least too late but I still got the email about cashing in the shares etc.

Wonder if they'll have an online way of letting you do it if you want.

Moobabe

Fuck, I never collected the certificate or was at least too late but I still got the email about cashing in the shares etc.

Wonder if they'll have an online way of letting you do it if you want.

Me too - you could pop in with the emails printed? Or call your nearest store?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Me too - you could pop in with the emails printed? Or call your nearest store?

Yeah I remember at the time, it was a few days after the date I was told it was too late basically. However I didn't opt out and, like yourself, still have them.

Of course I want to redeem as soon as possible so hopefully there'll be a way to do it. Bound to be surely.

EDIT - Rang up my local store and they said that they don't have the certificates anymore so I'd need to contact customer service. Sent an email to virtual.shares@game.co.uk according to their website mail so shall see what happens.

LoveCake

Yeah I remember at the time, it was a few days after the date I was told it was too late basically. However I didn't opt out and, like yourself, still have them.

Of course I want to redeem as soon as possible so hopefully there'll be a way to do it. Bound to be surely.

EDIT - Rang up my local store and they said that they don't have the certificates anymore so I'd need to contact customer service. Sent an email to virtual.shares@game.co.uk according to their website mail so shall see what happens.

I have the certificate, it did cause some confusion in my local store though.
The shares are tied to you actual GAME account well your GAME reward card account from what i have read & been told.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have the certificate, it did cause some confusion in my local store though.
The shares are tied to you actual GAME account well your GAME reward card account from what i have read & been told.

Ah ok.

I have an online account and been with them for years so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. When/If I get a response back from game via email I'll post it here so folks in my same situation have an idea :)

LoveCake

I went into my local GAME this morning, they said they had a conference call about the Virtual Shares this morning, but nothing yet has been confirmed to the shop staff, the date is the 16th October & there should be another email being sent out to the people who have shares with more information, the manager said the best thing to do was to turn up at the GAME store that you were selected (in the original email) with your certificate.

The two staff members i spoke to knew about the Virtual Shares & the date, but they have been told little other than info about checking peoples info when they come in for their certificate.

So the advice is;
To really make sure you have a certificate.
To look out for another email.
Be ready to go to your local/selected GAME store on the 16th October.

I won't be able to call in again until the 16th so i will keep a eye out for another email.

I am unsure to cash in or not, i think the shares may go up for the next round in March 2015 because i think they will have a good xmas with people buying new hardware & also games, i want my half price X1 though!

Also is the value tied to the 16/10/14 share price?

Currently the price is 278.95 http://www.londonstockexchange.com/...html?fourWayKey=GB00BMP36W19GBGBXSSMM&lang=en

XP_Version1

Neo Member
The T&C's from here http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=299758&articleId=299759&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_mmc=game-_-brand-_-virtualshares20k-_-copy make it sound like the certificate itself is pretty irrelevant and it's tied to your actual reward account:

5.6 The Company may at any time issue certificates (i) to Eligible Customers to illustrate Provisional Awards and (ii) to Participating Customers to illustrate the number of Loyalty Shares credited to their Plan Account. Any such certificates will not constitute share certificates for the purposes of the Companies Act 2006 or any other legislation. Nor shall such certificates evidence any entitlement to a Provisional Award or to Loyalty Shares, which entitlement(s) shall be determined conclusively by the entries shown in each Participating Customer's Plan Account.

6.4 The GAME Reward Account of each Participating Customer who chooses to redeem Loyalty Shares on a Redemption Date will be credited with such number of GAME Reward Points, calculated in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 7, as corresponds to the average value of their Loyalty Shares on the Valuation Date(s) applicable to that Redemption Date (rounded up to the nearest whole GAME Reward Point).

8.3 GAME Reward Points will usually be credited to a Participating Customer’s GAME Reward Account within 24 hours following the Valuation Date (or, if more than one, the last in time of the Valuation Dates) applicable to any redemption of Loyalty Shares. The number of Loyalty Shares recorded in a Participating Customer’s Plan Account will be reduced at or about the same time to reflect the redemption of Loyalty Shares.

They also automatically redeem the points if you fail to cash in at any stage:

6.5 Any Loyalty Shares which have not been redeemed by the first to occur of the Longstop Redemption Date and the Automatic Redemption Date will automatically be redeemed on such date and each Participating Customer’s GAME Reward Account will be credited with such number of GAME Reward Points, calculated in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 7, as corresponds to the average value of their Loyalty Shares on the Valuation Date(s) applicable to that date (rounded up to the nearest whole GAME Reward Point).

TLDR; 99% certain the certificate is irrelevant.

Silurus

When I pcked up my certificate the guy said it was just a momento and not really needed. Unsure if he knew this for certain though.

LoveCake

Traded a load of games in this morning, got a extra 20% if i pre-ordered something, so i went for the Sunset Overdrive X1, i got £172.10 for my games (which was a surprise really) so with the shares the X1 is going to cost me very little,

I did ask again about the shares & they said again they are not sure but best to turn up on the 16th October.

Top Bottom