• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5 - PS4/Xbox One Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakislam

Metacritic - 96/100 so far - http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/grand-theft-auto-v/critic-reviews

GameSpot:

The Good
- Stunning visuals
- The excellent first-person mode makes for a very different experience
- The best writing and voice acting you'll see in a video game
- Los Santos is the ideal virtual playground for anarchy
- Thrilling heist missions
The Bad
- Some frame rate drops during busier moments
- First-person doesn't work so well for vehicles

IGN:

I know the one big question many GTA fans are waiting for me to answer right now: is GTA 5 on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One worth buying again, for a full $60, if you already own it on PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360? Sadly, that’s not a question any reviewer can answer for you. If you already own GTA 5, you’re the only one who can decide whether a prettier, better-performing version of the same game is worth paying for twice, and whether you even have enough HDMI ports on your TV to support keeping your old-gen console plugged in to go back and play the old version. You have to ask yourself if that experience is one you’d want to repeat, or if you’d rather move onto one of the many new games that’ve come out since.

Adding links as they go live.

If this and The Last Of Us Remastered are the highest rated games this year

Well shit

Why wouldn't they be? They upgrades to two games that are widely viewed as some of the best from the previous generation. It was highly unlikely that anything this year could top them. Especially after the delays.

Aces&Eights

Two of the best games of last gen with better graphics, why wouldn't they be?

It doesn't speak well for the new games. Aside from these two, this year had been pretty meh. Hoping FC4 changes that as well as DAI but we have some serious stuff dropping next year so I'm not worried. I fully expect Bloodborne and Witcher 3 to blow my mind.

It doesn't speak well for the new games. Aside from these two, this year had been pretty meh..

Not this again. We've had absolutely fantastic new games this year, like Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, Divinity, Shovel Knight, Sunset Overdrive and tons of others. There's more to this industry than Activision, EA and Ubisoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom