• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SQUAD, Combined Arms Tactical FPS - It's not (but still kind of) Project Reality 2!

54-46!

The Game
Squad is an online, team-based military themed first-person-shooter where high levels of teamwork and communication are crucial to success.

Built from the ground up in the Unreal Engine 4, Squad pits teams of up to 50 players against each other in white knuckle modern day combined-arms combat scenarios, with both conventional and unconventional forces.

The players dictate how the scenarios unfold with base-building and interactive environments, intuitive squad command and management tools and large-scale warfare where strategy and leadership are just as important as a quick trigger finger.
Latest news

Trailer

Useful links

v1lla21

Oh man, this looks great. I had bought BF2 because I wanted to play PR. Unfortunately my game stopped working and I lost the CD-key and never got to play it. Can't wait for this.

Dabanton

Project Reality was some of the best times I've ever had with a FPS. I so wish DICE would have implemented a proper squad tactical mode in BF4 that took some of the elements from it. And not just people running round like madmen.

Being dropped off by a heli before making it on foot with my squad to take over a post was always amazingly tense especially if you came across an enemy squad on their way to an objective.

Wiktor

So is PR2 still going to be a thing?
Well..umm... unless EA kills it. Because the next release of PR2 will be standalone. They're pretty much releasing something that takes pirated bits and pieces of BF2 and merges it with PR2 mod.

54-46!

Well..umm... unless EA kills it. Because the next release of PR2 will be standalone. They're pretty much releasing something that takes pirated bits and pieces of BF2 and merges it with PR2 mod.

He's talking about Project Reality 2, not the mod. PR2 was a CryEngine game that was supposed to be stand-alone and free. Most that project's developers left for Squad and while nothing is official PR2 is pretty much dead in the water.

Project Reality BF2, the Battlefield 2 mod, is going to be stand-alone with the next patch however (1.3 coming this weekend).

Wiktor

He's talking about Project Reality 2, not the mod. PR2 was a CryEngine game that was supposed to be stand-alone and free. Most that project's developers left for Squad and while nothing is official PR2 is pretty much dead in the water.

Project Reality BF2, the Battlefield 2 mod, is going to be stand-alone with the next patch however (1.3 coming this weekend).

Damn...you're right. I mixed up abbreviations, sorry :D

this is the last day for the kickstarter and its currently at $338,098. the game reached the stretch goal for Russian armed forces.

livestream event going on now.

mtlb_desert_paint_01_Squad_WIP.jpg

mtlb.jpg

54-46!

Looks like a Arma game online no?

Have you played Project Reality? PR plays like a normal FPS but have the teamwork aspect of milsim shooters, the key to the game is that you jump in on any server and get good military style gameplay and communication with random people and very little setup, the teamwork aspect just comes naturally to everyone who plays. You have combined arms gameplay where the maps are sized accordingly, they're big enough for all types of warfare to matter but small enough for there to be good balance between action and silent moments.

With ArmA you have tons of different mods and game modes and will have to search for specific military teamwork style gameplay and communities to play with, with PR that's all there is and you don't have to learn some odd control scheme because it controls like a Battlefield game.

It really is hard to explain, for most people PR and Squad will look like Insurgency or ArmA but you really have to play them to understand.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Have you played Project Reality? PR plays like a normal FPS but have the teamwork aspect of milsim shooters, the key to the game is that you jump in on any server and get good military style gameplay and communication with random people and very little setup, the teamwork aspect just comes naturally to everyone who plays. You have combined arms gameplay where the maps are sized accordingly, they're big enough for all types of warfare to matter but small enough for there to be good balance between action and silent moments.

With ArmA you have tons of different mods and game modes and will have to search for specific military teamwork style gameplay and communities to play with, with PR that's all there is and you don't have to learn some odd control scheme because it controls like a Battlefield game.

It really is hard to explain, for most people PR and Squad will look like Insurgency or ArmA but you really have to play them to understand.
Thanks.I have to play this game in the future.

54-46!

did anyone back into the tier that allows for the current pre-alpha stage?

I've been playing it, mostly as a curiosity at this point, it's still very early so I haven't spent much time with it. If you're interested in the game you should probably wait until EA at least.

I think that when they implement the medic system and proper logistics it's going to come in to its own.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Are bullet tracers actually green in real life? Idk why that bugs me. Looks like star wars laser beams.

forms

I have been watching some videos of this and it looks really good. Thinking about joining the closed alpha tier for this. Anyone inside pre-alpha currently?

Top Bottom