• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No tree animation in GTA V on PS4/Xone?

Douglas Ferns

tumblr_mec066iK571r8swmoo1_500.png

xkramz

Well how intensive could "tree swaying" be on the gpu /Cpu? I'm asking because I obviously don't know crap about hardware. Can FPS dip a lot more with It? If so then I'm assuming they left it out because of frame drops?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That can easily break some immersion for me. So many other games have it at this point that it's very surprising that it's not featured in GTA. ._.

bud23

OP brought to you by the Blaine County Board of Tourism.

Yeah, it's a bug. Hopefully they will fix it asap.

Pathos

Banned
wow the trees don't even move on any version?
what a joke of a game. looks like rockstar definitely got arrogant with the success of the PS360 releases. definitely boycotting them from now on.

Banned
FUCK THIS GAME AND BURN IT TO THE GROUND FUCK ROCKSTAR FUCK EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WORKED ON IT THIS IS A TRAVESTY I DESERVE MOVING FUCKING TREES U KNOW WHO I AM YOU CUUUUUUNTS!

That can easily break some immersion for me. So many other games have it at this point that it's very surprising that it's not featured in GTA. ._.

It is featured in GTA5. Just not on PS4/Xbone which is either a bug or a weird downgrade. Hell, even Vice City has moving palm trees.

FUCK THIS GAME AND BURN IT TO THE GROUND FUCK ROCKSTAR FUCK EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO WORKED ON IT THIS IS A TRAVESTY I DESERVE MOVING FUCKING TREES U KNOW WHO I AM YOU CUUUUUUNTS!

Yeah, how dare people point out a weird bug... GTFO.

I dont get it, what are the trees meant to be doing?

Trees should not exist merely to be observed by the player. In a modern game I expect trees to go about their own business, independently of the player's actions. Also you should be able to fuck them.

Crossing Eden

I dont get it, what are the trees meant to be doing?

Shouldnt it be just the leaves??
A simple swaying movement makes the foliage appear more alive and way less stiff. It just looks better than no movement at all.
Just to give two examples.
Dragon Age

http://a.pomf.se/jbhbqh.mp4

Watch Dogs
ixqvI5NxXJZgC.gif

What in the world? ._.

It is featured in GTA5. Just not on PS4/Xbone which is either a bug or a weird downgrade. Hell, even Vice City has moving palm trees.
Yea, definitely a weird omission. City looks great though.

Crossing Eden

I love how people were mad at this EXACT SAME GIF in a pre-release thread about Watch Dogs' trees, and now it's being used in a positive way here.
I can assure you I was not one of those people. :/

Why post this when post #7 in this very thread points out a real GTA5 example.
Didn't see it, sorry. Was providing an explanation for another user.

Ganondolf

dragon age tree swaying looks amazing. its small touches like this that bring the world to life. cant see why gta cant do it on ps4/xb1 if dragon age can but maybe their engine uses more cpu and this was one of the cuts made.

Top Bottom