• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video Games Plus: Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Villager amiibo discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

They probably only made so much, those are sold out from Nintendo, and they're not making any more of those characters.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
This is bizarre. Yes, niche characters would get less units made, but it's for Smash. Printing so few figures before Christmas for your biggest game then discontinuing them.

Lijik

Youd think they want to do this after christmas. Maybe they underestimated stock again like they did with the adapters

Monocle

Um, so are they trying to create artificial scarcity or what? Wish they would have waited a little longer.

dickroach

not to poopoo on VideoGamesPlus, but there is no way Nintendo is going to discontinue accessories for its biggest game of the season less then a month after it comes out, a few weeks before christmas.

-Horizon-

dafuq

If this is what Nintendo is planning to do with the other amiibos and future ones, then I'm not buying them. I'm not gonna be forced to get them because of fear they'll never make them again. Was planning on getting Wii Fit Trainer but I guess I'm not anymore.

DarkWish

Someone on Twitter posted this picture of Wave 2 shipments in Japan:
B4Mhri5CQAAININ.png

Considering Wave 1 assortments were the same as in the US, sounds like there's a good possibility we will get more of them. So I wouldn't worry just yet.

random25

Woah...will still wait for future announcements but for now I'll doubt this news.
Will run to my store and secure that Marth amiibo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom