• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$6.50 Malaysian Meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that infamous $30 Italian meal, but I went to a little Malaysian restaurant today in Hoboken, and I was pleasantly surprised how great the meal tasted for the price.

wKWnM7x.jpg

dhLprJ6.jpg

Guess uhh... I'll expand this thread a bit...

Any good inexpensive restaurants that you like?

Item Box

You forgot to add how you're washing it down with the sweet satisfaction that everyone can suck your dick because you're eating Malaysian FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd

Malaysian/Singaporean food is honestly the best cuisine that hasn't yet exploded outside of South East Asia. Everyone should try it at least once.

So jealous of that meal as it looks scrumptious. Especially the top one. Never had Malaysian food but I would definitely try if there was some nearby. Lots of great Thai at good prices (huge portion entres for $9) so I can't complain too much.

Kinda OT but nice avatar btw. That's the detective from Monster who does the "hand thing" . That guy was awesome.

35% of $6.50 is $5?

6.50 + 6.50 = $13 some tax... and yeah it was about 35%

Was that the lunch special as it says on the place mat? Pretty good for a lunch special.

Yeah, we went for lunch.

So jealous of that meal as it looks scrumptious. Especially the top one. Never had Malaysian food but I would definitely try if there was some nearby. Lots of great Thai at good prices (huge portion entres for $9) so I can't complain too much.

Kinda OT but nice avatar btw. That's the detective from Monster who does the "hand thing" . That guy was awesome.

Thanks. Monster is awesome.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Not the best when you compare value for money. I have had 7$ Indian buffet with variety of curry, breads, salads and dessert.

This looks pretty good though.

Red Comet

I don't have any pictures, but there is a local Chinese restaurant where I get takeout combos for $7 that literally make 3 meals for me. And they're delicious.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Indian buffet 0_0... Did you get sick after that?
It was a bit spicy to my taste, especially one potato chutney dish, but other than that very delicious. Although, I won't recommend it if you have some productive work to do afterwards, it's quite heavy on stomach.

v1lla21

Lol I just went to a Chinese restaurant that for 10 bucks you get big ass portions of food and it's pretty good. I would post pictures but I don't take pictures of my food.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The $30 Italian Meal is funny because of how earnest and naive the poster was.

This just makes me hungry

way more

I had a homemade spagett with ragu sauce for 85 cents.

2012-05-15_21-18-36_758.jpg

pasta-noodles-in-freezer-bag.jpg

But I didn't brag to anyone about it. Plus it was homemade so it wasn't made of or taste like that dog shit your food was.

Homemade for life, it's just easier and costs less.

Dicer

Banned

But I didn't brag to anyone about it. Plus it was homemade so it wasn't made of or taste like that dog shit your food was.

This post is sort of abrasive...

you could save yourself 85 cents (which could be put to a videogame) if you just went with the noodles

Qvoth

We all know that infamous $30 Italian meal, but I went to a little Malaysian restaurant today in Hoboken, and I was pleasantly surprised how great the meal tasted for the price.

wKWnM7x.jpg

dhLprJ6.jpg

Guess uhh... I'll expand this thread a bit...

Any good inexpensive restaurants that you like?

authentic ones probably will cost half of that in malaysia
rendang (i think that's rendang) looks super bland, even the cucumber looks dry as hell

Xanathus

In Malaysia itself you'd get way more than that for USD 6.50, a meal like that would only cost you USD 3 at most.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man that looks so good. This must be the result of God's Beard's Italian Dinner karma being purified.

Laekon

Malaysian/Singaporean food is honestly the best cuisine that hasn't yet exploded outside of South East Asia. Everyone should try it at least once.

All I ate in Malaysia was Chinese food. The people I was there with were of Chinese decent and (politely would) never take me to a Malay place. I spent a week in Batu Pahat for work and the only thing I didn't like was the morning call to prayer.

I did get to eat some durian bought on the side of the road. We kept in a back stair case to keep the funk out of working areas.

Kozak

Banned
This isn't really surprising.

You get the same sort of meal in Australia, for the same price, and you don't have to tip!

Asian restuarants just seem to have a good idea of how much things should actually be valued.

Not the best when you compare value for money. I have had 7$ Indian buffet with variety of curry, breads, salads and dessert.

This looks pretty good though.

Indian buffets are the best. I go in on an empty stomach and eat my entire day's worth of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom