• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco Games changes its name to Bandai Namco Entertainment

baekshi

Banned
744836c4.png

Source:
http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/42448688.html

PR:
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/corporate/press/release/60/pdf/20141217.pdf

http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/files/1217E5AD90E4BC9AE7A4BEE7A4BEE5908DE5A489E69BB4(E88.pdf (English)

The BANDAI NAMCO Group operates the game business in Japan and overseas. With the advance of technology and diversification of user preferences, the Group has expanded into new products and service domains that extend beyond its previous game business domain.

With the start of its next Mid-term Plan in April 2015, the Company will change the names of its subsidiaries to widen the definition of their business field to entertainment without limiting them to the present field of games, thus aiming for further growth through new development of service and content businesses that utilize networks.

Ugly New Logo
B5ByUUYCIAEZVv7.png:large

kewlmyc

This is the second time in 2 years, IIRC.

Make up your mind, Namco.

Didn't they change it earlier this year? Two time in one year I think.

I wonder if they're going to start doing other things besides games now outside of Japan. Bandai Entertainment is dead in the west.

sk3

Banned
I think they only changed in some countries, because not all were "bandai" then "namco".

For this change, I guess Entertainment is classier than "Games".

Sayah

They're not only in the business of making video games and have amusement parks, toys, and other things that are a big part of their revenue.

This title change makes sense I guess.

Still prefer Namco Bandai over Bandai Namco, though.

Eusis

Are they going to try anime again, lol
Might explain why newer releases for Gundam in NA don't exist as far as I've noticed. You'd think SOMEONE would grab it or Bandai would hunt someone down, but I guess not.
quick, someone take all of 3mins and make a better logo.
You could probably just stack their original logos and have a better one.

Seriously, both of their older logos looked nicer but rather than make a good compromise ala Square Enix they just made a... pile of blobs. Two great logos exchanged for one terrible one.

L Thammy

Wasn't the Namco Bandai -> Bandai Namco change only in the US or something like that? Still, wonder how much paperwork and such goes into such a minor change.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
...but they already got rid of their anime division (Bandai Ent.) years ago, with their licenses passed around.

From "Games" to "Entertainment"?

My paranoia just kicked in. Please don't lose focus on making enjoyable core games like how you are doing right now.

This isn't bad, right? Tales will be fine, right?

And didn't the split up their names for a while there too

I'm pretty sure my copy of Dark Souls just says Bandai and Enslaved just says Namco

Top Bottom