• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evangelion takes place this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Yup, IN THE YEAR 2015.

EuXBAcM.gif

Almost the entirety of the original series takes place this year (I've read episodes 25 and 26 take place in early 2016 but I'm not sure about the proof). While we aren't being attacked by enormous extraterrestrial beings (yet), I though it would be fun to see how Evangelion's 2015 compares to ours.

The number one thing that sticks out is Shinji's cassette player, the SDAT.
04_C037b.jpg

Poor Shinji, NERV doesn't even give him enough cash for the most basic MP3 player. Also in episode one he has a photograph of Misato in order to spot her. They would probably just LINE each other in our 2015.

It's crazy to think I watched this show for the first time 14 years ago and now... I'M LIVING IT.

All Hail Ramiel!

Edit: Just make sure you watch the original series (Directors cut) Then End of Evangelion and THEN the new movies

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ooooh shit! I need to get in touch with a friend of mine and see if he wants to watch Eva all over again. :lol

kmax

ya9J5.gif

Yeah, not gonna get my hopes up after the latest disaster.

EDIT: Oh thought we talked about the movie.

Carry on.

so much better knowing this took place this year

the stupid back to the future crap has already infected my facebook feed

no i get it you remember bttf thats really crazy

Majine

Banned
I still love Evangelion, and especially End of Evangelion. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after.

You know. I really do feel for Ritsuko. She's such a great character, but she's so subploty... even Kaji feels more relevant than her. Every time i rewatch the show my appreciation of her grows stronger.

There is a fanfic of this, I just know it.
Based on End of Evangelion they'll just take turns fondling her cause...well infamous bath scene and infamous betrayal scene.
You know. I really do feel for Ritsuko. She's such a great character, but she's so subploty... even Kaji feels more relevant than her. Every time i rewatch the show my appreciation of her grows stronger.
I still can't get over her thinking banging Gendo was a good idea. I like her don't get me wrong, but not a very good decision. Of course he used you Ritusko, it's fucking Gendo here.

I still can't get over her thinking banging Gendo was a good idea. I like her don't get me wrong, but not a very good decision. Of course he used you Ritusko, it's fucking Gendo here.

She loved him, what could she do? Adopt more cats? She probably had too little space to sleep as it was. And to think her mother saved Gendo from her daughter from beyond the grave!

if only she wasn't so fat

this is why we can't have nice things

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Hopefully they reannounce that Peter Jackson live action film next year. The art looked cool except for the whitewashed names.

Eh, let's face it - a Hollywood iteration just wouldn't work unless they allow the batshit philosophically/psychologically insane visuals and themes the series is known for as well, which I don't see happening given a budget a film like that would need.

AKA Rated R or nothing.

DrSlek

More importantly, this year is also the year of Back to the future Part II.

Get ready for some new fashion trends!

ML0G7iv.jpg

Does anyone actually own the rights to the original series in the US?

I would love for Funi to do what they did with Bebop this year with the Bluray sets.

Eh, let's face it - a Hollywood iteration just wouldn't work unless they allow the batshit philosophically/psychologically insane visuals and themes the series is known for as well, which I don't see happening given a budget a film like that would need.

AKA Rated R or nothing.

Don't worry about the budget, there's a little wiggle room with the last twenty minutes of the film being unfinished/unmade.

I just finished rewatching the show yesterday, and man, it´s still every bit as good as I remembered it. Not just my favorite anime, but it may be my favorite piece of audiovisual entertainment ever, the depression themes resonated with me so perfectly.

And then there is the characters, the dialogue, the eva designs, the battles with the angels, the godly soundtrack, the symbolisms. There is just so many reasons to Evangelion. My avatar is certainly one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom