• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox becoming more prominent in Windows

Xbudz

Xbox becoming more prominent in Windows.

Cortana is coming to the masses as a digital assistant in Windows.
Microsoft is introducing a new web browser tentatively called Spartan.
There is a new Xbox App coming to Windows 10 (insert remote play speculation here)

Oh, and someone from Microsoft posted this on Twitter:
GiedmqT.jpg

I'm looking forward to that Windows 10 event on Jan 21st.

Begaria

I'm looking forward to Windows 10. Been itchin' for some PC upgrading and later this year will present a wonderful opportunity to do so.

Gamezone

Gold Member
All I want is a option to steam games to my PC or Windows tablet. So far this app looks like the Xbox One Smartglass I already have for my Android.

I can't wait for GFWL 2.0.

But seriously, I'm very interested in what happens there. Introduce crossbuy and I'll line up for Windows 10 right now.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
On Twitter from who? I could print that.

I am seriously intrigued with what they do with Windows and XBO though.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There were a couple of Xbox apps in Windows 8. Boy, that Windows-Xbox synergy certainly made Windows 8 popular with Xbox 360 gamers ...

cirrhosis

Bring Halo 5 to PC and introduce cross-platform play. Do it, MS.

seriously though, I'm going to hold on to Win 7 as long as possible. I'm not too hot on merging the platforms. Maybe 10 won't suck.

Xbox becoming more prominent in Windows.

Cortana is coming to the masses as a digital assistant in Windows.
Microsoft is introducing a new web browser tentatively called Spartan.
There is a new Xbox App coming to Windows 10 (insert remote play speculation here)

Oh, and this popped up on Twitter:
GiedmqT.jpg

I'm looking forward to that Windows 10 event on Jan 21st.

Heard about the new browser rumor, didn't hear that they were going to call it that. Is there new info or did I just not pay enough attention to the first leak?

Xbox Live for Win10 to replace GFWL. Will launch with Killer Instinct with ports of D4, Sunset Overdrive, Horizon 2, Master Chief Collection and Quantum Break coming in the first year.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Microsoft can successfully drop the physical Xbox and retain that business on PC, as well as continue with their original vision of DRM.

Kezen

Banned
Xbox Live for Win10 to replace GFWL. Will launch with Killer Instinct with ports of D4, Sunset Overdrive, Horizon 2, Master Chief Collection and Quantum Break coming in the first year.

If they want to kill their Xbox that would be a good way to do it.
Let's be serious.

I'm not expecting anything significant.

You'll need to buy Win10 as well as a Gold sub though. MS wins either way.
So that endeavor would be bound to bomb super hard. They tried with Gears of War back in '07, we all know how well that turned out.

Gestault

That would kill most peoples reasons to buy the xbone.

It's still a set-top box that plays all its games without question for a reasonable price. I'd rather more people have access to good games than arbitrarily limit audiences if it makes sense for the company behind it. I think PC ports would be a good thing, as much as it might stifle message-board talking points.

SerTapTap

Bring Halo 5 to PC and introduce cross-platform play. Do it, MS.

seriously though, I'm going to hold on to Win 7 as long as possible. I'm not too hot on merging the platforms. Maybe 10 won't suck.

The 10 preview is already amazing. Mixes the best of 7 and 8 and is basically what 8 should have been all along

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's probably going to be something dumb, like porting the XBox One interface and none of the games. Or, at best, game streaming.

But maybe MS will surprise me. I want KI and Crackdown on the PC.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Maybe Windows is becoming more prominent on Xbox? Didn't they announce Windows Store apps would be coming to Xbox One? Seems like that should be gearing up for launch soon.

Tagyhag

Unless the games are on Steam I won't care.

Microsoft has proven that they don't give a damn about us and if they put a new gaming service I can't see it doing too well.

ESPECIALLY if they have the planet-sized balls to charge monthly for it again.

Ape

Banned
Windows 10 has now been named windows X, then changed again to xbox OS. The first version is code named Blinx (cat names like OSX) and will literally be the xbox console OS on your desktop. Microsoft will let go of most of their Windows dev team following this announcement and keep the Xbox os team since they can churn out monthly updates that everyone seems to like.

just my theory.

Bsigg12

I wonder if they'll talk any DirectX improvements and features in regard to VR support for the PC. Having native APIs in Direct X for VR could help a lot with implementation.

As for Xbox as a brand, it's Microsoft's gaming brand. They have to find a way to make it viable on PC so it'll be interesting to see the implementation on the 21st.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I'm sure they're dying to get people to pay a monthly fee for the privilege to play their ports. This wouldn't surprise me.

Lagamorph

Really hoping they do a £25 pre-order like we got with Windows 8 Pro.
Best part was that it was supposed to be 'upgrade-only' but you could just let it burn a back-up disc and use it for a clean install.

mnannola

Cross-buy between Windows 10 and XBONE would get me to buy both platforms asap. It would be an amazing feature that Sony would not be able to compete with. Even if it's just with first party titles it would be a huge deal.

Not sure how cross buy would work with Steam. I guess a Games for Windows type deal would have to be around in order for cross buy to work.

How profitable has XBox as a console proven to be? Dont some investors want it gone? Merging it with Windows might make the transition easier. The brand is very valuable, however. Just wondering.

3 investors were vocal about it I believe. Ooooh boy. Also, Xbox is a large consumer brand and MS likely wants to maintain awareness in the consumer market.

Top Bottom