• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSV Exclusive SAO: Hollow Fragment Sold 450K WW (280K JPN, 90K Asia, 70K NA)

FDC1

Where is Europe? It was pretty high in the PSN EU charts for months. I wouldn't be surprised it sold better there than in US.

Mendrox

So... what about europe? I wanna see the europe sales, because that is the only reason I didn't import the asia version (fuck Bandai for this bad translation).

Will buy the second one. Good game.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Did the game ever have its translation issues corrected? I want to try the game once I'm done with Freedom Wars on my PS TV, but I'm not keen after seeing screenshots of the Engrish lines.

Tohsaka

This is quite good, isn't it? The game is based on an Anime, right? Is the Anime popular?
It is based on the anime, which is popular. The anime is based on a light novel series.
Did the game ever have its translation issues corrected? I want to try the game once I'm done with Freedom Wars on my PS TV, but I'm not keen after seeing screenshots of the Engrish lines.

It's still pretty Engrishy, unfortunately.

Mendrox

Isn't this that pretty bad game with awful translation?

This game is not bad or I wouldn't have played 70 hours up till now (and will do more in the future). This game has an insane value for 40€/$, doesn't have a shitty story, many content patches (new areas, bosses, skills...) and feels like a single player MMO. Translation is understandable, but rather bad and funny.

For fans of the anime this is a must buy. For anyone else: watch the anime and buy it if you like it. The anime is very popular and the first half of the first season is quiet good. Music is very nice, Gary Stu character aside it has some nice characters and designs.

18-Volt

And Namco be like "Vita games don't sell so no Digimon and God Eater localizations for you"

Hopefully those numbers will change their minds.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
It's still pretty Engrishy, unfortunately.

Damn. I'll catch it when it's on sale sometime. I may as well link to some screens for the hell of it.

SAO-english.jpg

2014-08-16-163209.jpg

FDC1

It's an incest harem power trip or something, so yeah, it's popular.

It's certainly very exagerrated concerning the anime (specially for the first arc). The video game, on the other hand, yeah, there is definitevely a serious amount of "fan service" if you see what I mean.

Wait, they didn't fix the terrible Google translation between the Asia and western releases? I thought that Engrish translation was a placeholder before the actual western release.

Is the translation as bad as those pictures for the whole game, or are those just the worst cases?

Kind of interested in it, but not if that's the amount of effort they put in.

Tohsaka

Damn. I'll catch it when it's on sale sometime. I may as well link to some screens for the hell of it.

It's pretty understandable for the most part, I never had any problems understanding what I was supposed to do really other than the parts where you make small talk with the girls on a bench or something.

2014-11-03-2127323zua5.jpg

Surprised at Asia beating NA. Guess this explains why Japanese devs and Sony are paying more attention to that market now.

Well the Asian territories got a physical version, digital-only in the west likely hurt sales somewhat.

Memory

Id like to see EU numbers but considering how popular and widely distributed the show is i thought it would be higher.

Corgi

Banned
boring title with zero 'penetration'

2552903-6547986575-85531.jpg

2552900-9183138184-85512.jpg

Hupto9v.jpg

There really aren't that many games that aren't R-18 that lets you bang your (not related by blood) sister.

sao-leafa-bed.jpg

CG-Leafa-Bed-2-Hollow-Fragment.jpg

The game is pretty fun once you get past the clunkyness too.

Aru

Good. I didn't like the game, I really wanted to, but if the sequel improves pretty much everything, I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
best or second best selling vita game currently ?

Nope. Pretty sure Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted Vita are higher (just a LITTLE under a million if i am not wrong) and a couple more others too.

though at this point of time, 450k is great for a title on the vita.

rjc571

Banned
Are people really that math illiterate? If it sold 450k worldwide with 280k coming from Japan, 90k elsewhere in Asia and 70k in North America, that leaves 10k copies sold in Europe.

FDC1

Are people really that math illiterate? If it sold 450k worldwide with 280k coming from Japan, 90k elsewhere in Asia and 70k in North America, that leaves 10k copies sold in Europe.

there is no chance it sold so little in Europe.

Hexa

I'm actually somewhat disappointed. I was hoping it would reach .5 mil. Not that far off but still. :/

There really aren't that many games that aren't R-18 that lets you bang your (not related by blood) sister.

Um... she is related. She's his cousin. Unless they changed that for the game. idr

10k seems too low for Europe, I'd say the 10k difference is due to rounding.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The thing that people keep doing with ruining the games general image with the very small portion of the fanservice stuff, is just how well the combat and exploration is in general with the title.

Prelude.

Did the game ever get discounted in the US? IIRC it did just once in Europe
So, yeah, I guess they made a lot of money considering the price tag.

And Namco be like "Vita games don't sell so no Digimon and God Eater localizations for you"

Hopefully those numbers will change their minds.
Well, they already said that it exceeded expectations, I think this might have been one of the major incentives for future Bamco localizations.

lol, no

Hikami

Like I said earlier in the PSN top sellers thread..
How long has Sword Art Online been in the top ten for?
Don't think I've ever seen it drop out of it since release..
edit; yep (US spots)
August - 1st
September - 1st
October - 3rd
November - 6th
December - 2nd

So where's that Lost Song localization announcement, bamco?

The rest of the article in the op is interesting though, Lost Song is looking good.

Top Bottom