• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PC: New Release Date, First Screens and System Specs (March 24, 2015)

dex3108

Minimum specifications:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...w-release-date-first-screens-and-system-specs

Screens

pcvinewood_full.jpg
pcfranklin_full.jpg
pcmichael_full.jpg
pctrevor_full.jpg
pctree_full.jpg
pchighway_full.jpg

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I kinda suspected it after the radio silence prior/after the holidays. Though, I didn't think it would be for this long...oh well. March it is..

L~A

I think this will be in high demand real quick:

Not surprised by the delay, saw it coming from miles away... though it doesn't really bother me, I know my crap laptop can't possibly play the game, even with minimum settings :p

Specs are lower than I expected but the game size is a bit higher than I expected. I'm hoping for some damn good compression for the steam download.

Courage

I think this will be in high demand real quick:

Not surprised by the delay, saw it coming from miles away... though it doesn't really bother me, I know my crap laptop can't possibly play the game, even with minimum settings :p

Crow for what? It being a good a port? I'm sure it will be, but that doesn't negate that they're delaying it for another 2 months and having to download 65 GB.

Volotaire

The specs are really reasonable from the min and even the recommended side. Now the only thing to see is if the game is optimised and runs well.

Hixx

Well this went from triple dip to not buying. Too many other games to play once March hits... nice to see the requirements are very reasonable, though. Apart from the 65GB... wtf.

Hasney

65GB has to be some kind of record for a fresh game install before patches.

Beats Max Payne 3, which was 55GB and Final Fantasy XIII, which was 60GB.

Get used to these sizes.

Also, I wouldn't celebrate their specs. Go play GTA 4 on minimum and tell me how that is.

Genio88

March! fortunately in december i decided to buy it on Xbox One, instead of wait for the PC version as planned before, i've already finished and enjoyed this wonderful game(my goty 2015), i'm sorry for who has not played it yet and was waiting for the PC version this month

Corpekata

Banned
Are people really surprised by the 65? A lot of games have been in the 50ish range lately, not a huge surprise.

Anyway, delay was expected given how quiet they were. Still kinda lame though.

Dizzy

Banned
65GB? Guess I'll get it on disc then. Save time.

Nice that the system requirements other than that aren't too high.

The Cowboy

Recommended for AMD 8 CPUs @ 4ghz - EIGHT CPUS!!!! @ FOURgz!!!.

At this point I'm beginning to not really care about this game at all on PC, with how long its been delayed its becoming a bit of a joke now.

FLD

Damn, those specs aren't too bad. If they're not Ubisoft-style bullshit, I'll be able to run this. That's a nice surprise.

That delay, on the other hand, is no surprise at all.

Lol it's releasing the same day as bloodborne? GG rockstar was looking forward to this in January, would of been the perfect time for me too. Now, I'll just wait for a sale at a later time.

Top Bottom