• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Update 66 - Mermaid World and Animation (gameplay video)

Gameboy415

Looking good!

I backed the campaign at the $200 level and I can't wait to check out the game and all the bonus Shantae stuff! :D

Corgi

Banned
hope it turns out good. pirates curse set a really high bar.

Still not a fan that they decided to go 3D levels.

hope it turns out good. pirates curse set a really high bar.

Sure would be nice to get an HD WF sprite game, but they would be working on it for about 15 years. I like the look of 1/2GH. It looks like a Cartoon Network cartoon or something.

Syril

They put an update about this on the kickstarter page.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-hero/posts/1107756?ref=backer_project_update

They're also holding a vote for a design for the Crab Transformation.
ca557c4a2b0573a8dfebce7dbed78c9a_large.png

Neol

Looking forward to this game, just finished Pirate's Curse and itching for more

Also those crabs are pretty adorable. Leaning towards either B or C.

mao2

Looks great so far, though Shantae still looks a little pale/yellowish. As for the Crab Transformation, I voted for B.

Kinda funny, because the original Shantae they had planned for the PS1 and PC: before moving to the GBC, was suppose to be a 2.5D platformer with 2D sprites and Polygon environments. .They have come full circle.

latest

I prefer the sprite look, myself. But this actually looks pretty good.

Kinda funny, because the original Shantae they had planned for the PS1 and PC: before moving to the GBC, was suppose to be a 2.5D platformer with 2D sprites and Polygon environments. .They have come full circle.

latest

I prefer the sprite look, myself. But this actually looks pretty good.

She has a pony face.

Sevyne

Crab B looks the best, but I'm torn between that and C, because C makes more sense for having an actual shell to hide in. One of the crab abilities is to hide in the shell to absorb some damage.

Top Bottom