• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil remake pc performance thread

hlhbk

There seems to be a lot of questions about the pc version. I have the following specs:

Intel 2600k
Nvidia GTX 670 4 GB
4 gb ram

How kind of performance can I expect out of the game at 1080p and max specs? Also how is the port on pc?

Please post specs and your experience.

I plan on getting it eventually.. so I can't comment on performance.
Someone mentioned bottlenecking in the other thread.. Hope it runs well...

For now I wonder, is anyone out there providing better background image data than the ugly filtered ones by Capcom?

I know in the hype thread, there was at least one GAF member taking data from the Gamecube game and making his own upressed assets, which looked quite a bit better than the Capcom product, and I was quite impressed.

Afro

just at the very beginning, but I'm at a locked 60fps@1080p w/ the sparse grid supersampling AA tweak, which I've heard is pretty taxing.

970 ftw, i7 3770 (non-k), 8gb ram

Grief.exe

I've been playing the game for about a week (2500k/970) with zero crashes and smooth 60 FPS.

The only issue I had is when I started the game while moving Wolfenstein from my SSD to my HDD, which RE was on at the time. This caused my framerates to dive to around 10 and the opening cutscene was desynced.
This is really an outside situation that wouldn't occur normally, but just something to be aware of.

Tizoc

just at the very beginning, but I'm at a locked 60fps@1080p w/ the sparse grid supersampling AA tweak, which I've heard is pretty taxing.

970 ftw, i7 3770 (non-k), 8gb ram

Mind providing some info about the AA tweak?

Beck

I'll be surprised if this game doesn't run at 60fps on toasters.

Pretty much. I have an i5-2500k and MSI 7950 and it never dips under 60fps, even with a video playing on my second screen (which usually cuts the frame rate in half)

Afro

Mind providing some info about the AA tweak?

yessir

http://steamcommunity.com/app/304240/discussions/0/622955136052552424/

304240_2015-01-20_000mjk3t.jpg

also, run original aspect for the love of God.

Was thinking about performance on this game. but i was assuming that it shouldn't be THAT taxing with half the game built with pre rendered backgrounds.

I think it'll be more interesting to see performance on SDD and HDD.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Wouldn't make sense if this didn't run at locked 60 on even a slightly older rig. Going to play this tomorrow, and hoping for great performance from my R9 270x and i3 4130. If not, Capcom needs to be smashed in the face.

I'm getting really bizzare slowdown at random moments, most notably at the beginning of cutscenes and then the beginning when exiting a cutscene, though I've gotten it from running around at times too. Running a GTX 760 and a i5-4670k with 8 gigs of RAM. Drivers for my graphics card are updated. I'm running max settings at 1080p, and I feel like my rig is more than capable.

Anyone else having issues? The game runs rock solid otherwise.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It runs at locked 60 on my i5 2500K at 4.4GHz, 680x2, at 1920x1080. As expected, though.

The thing is, it's my first Resident Evil. I'll be playing it on widescreen, because why wouldn't I, but I don't know whether I should play with modern or classic controls. On the one hand, I will be playing the following games (2, 3, CVX, Zero), which have tank controls, so I want to get used to them as soon as possible.

On the other hand, fuck tank controls.

I haven't played much yet but it runs smooth and without issues at 4k on my 970 and old ass i7 975XE.
You can set higher resolutions in the ini file.

Oh it's just cropped and zoomed in? Man aspect ratio differences are always handled in the dumbest way possible.
The game was, after all, optimized for 4:3.
The original sure, this isn't the original game but a new commercial product. I guess I am still naive enough to believe that any kind of thought or consideration would have went in behind the new additions and changes.

scitek

I've not experienced any issues whatsoever at 1080p/60fps and I'm playing using Sectus' door skipping mod, too.

i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz
GTX 970
8GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Corgi

Banned
how does the 'widescreen' fullscreen thing work? Does it render the game at say, 1920 1080 but with black bars?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh it's just cropped and zoomed in? Man aspect ratio differences are always handled in the dumbest way possible.

Isn't it a case of "What you see is what you get" with each of the scenes in 4:3 (i.e. there's no more space than what is shown)? Hor+ wouldn't work if all of the scenes are static aside from very slight camera movements and the backgrounds were made with 4:3 in mind (which they were -- they weren't remade for this release).

tsab

how does the 'widescreen' fullscreen thing work? Does it render the game at say, 1920 1080 but with black bars?

No it's fullscreen, but it cuts off some space above and under and scrolls the "camera" when you reach the bottom or the top of the screen. You don't miss anything.

See also:

x5uQX6x.png

Grief.exe

Good question actually. I looked at the screens I took and it seems like the game is rendered at a lower resolution, but blown up to display 4k. This is how a 4k screenshot looks like:

Doesn't really look like 4k.

Notice that Jill looks blurry.

I think you are right. Others have reported the same issue and this confirms it in my mind.

It's MT Framework though so if Capcom,doesn't fix the issue, and they have been very good about post-release support lately, I am confident someone will.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There is more aliasing on the characters in 16:9 mode than in 4:3 mode. Proof that 4:3 is superior and that their pan & scan method doesn't render the character models on a separate layer.

hlhbk

I went ahead and purchased the pc version. On my rig with everything on it runs flawless at 60 FPS! Sweet!

lyrick

Anybody feel like pulling up Task manager in game and letting us know what the core usage looks like?

Top Bottom