• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo is coming to an end, how'd you 'score'?

Club Nintendo is basically dead... time to start the final code drops, tallying, and remembering the good time...

While there is no grand tally (in the NA version at least) it's fairly easy to add up your total by going to the main account page, then clicking on the coins tab and adding together what's in the red.

haqt9rU.png

Started June 10th 2011, my grand total is 2995 coins. I'll likely push the last 10 I need for gold, but after that any remaining codes I get til it's over will likely be donated to Gaffers in need for their final pushes.

I was never too serious about Club Nintendo, and looking back I wish I had better paced my coins so I could have gotten plat this year and 2012, but otherwise it wasn't so bad. My wife got a pikmin tote she still uses, I got a black and gold one before that. Just a couple weeks ago I ordered the NES remix shirt and 18 3DS game case and a few digital games. My favorite is still the NES pin collection from 2011 I think.

Hope the new reward system is better though since the rewards the last couple years have been pretty piss poor.

(Edit) didn't highlight the current year, you need to add that together too :)

Hasney

While I'm a UK member, so I don't have that type of breakdown, I'm very happy to have gotten a Kingdom Hearts LE GBA SP and that Luigis Mansion diorama just from buying games I would have bought anyway.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
UK too. I remember registering GameCube games in my local library because I didn't have a computer. I'd say I did pretty well.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
There's a quite a lot cool stuff I've got from Club Nintendo over the years.

The Twilight Princess statue is the most impressive. (Yes, I spent years saving up 15,000 stars.) [Not my pic]

Rare-Legend-of-Zelda-Gold-Twilight-Princess-Statue.jpg

Also of note: 3 Game card cases, the Zelda carrying case and 3 Pikmin plushies.

I currently have 3700 stars unspent.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Club Nintendo throwing errors for me right now, or I'd post. Basically, I've reached Platinum (sometimes doubling it, or more) every year except for the one year where they had the awesome Mario characters figure. Of course that would be the year I'd miss it..

Corgi

Banned
ill tell you after I register all these silly wii u/3ds games I've saved up after reaching platinum pretty early.

SerTapTap

3150 coins, 3 platinums (the last 3 years including this one), one gold (2009).

The only outstanding item I've received is the Luigi's Mansion diorama/figure thing. Everything else is posters (okay), a calendar (lame), some digital games (okay I guess), nothing too special. I love the idea of Club Nintendo but the rewards were always very spotty. I never even saw most of the cool stuff people apparently got from it.

It was just a bit too much of a chore IMO-- there were a few years I simply didn't bother at all, the surveys have a lot of useless questions (who the hell cares where I decided to buy it why is this THREE QUESTIONS augh), rewards were very inconsistent and the cool stuff was only available for a short window.

TheDanimal

I've accumulated 3650 coins from Club Nintendo.
Plus I received the OoT 3D soundtrack and Majora's Mask soundtrack along with Game & Wario for free.
I've been pretty happy with Club Nintendo's output, despite some lackluster rewards.

Four platinum's. Never really got anything crazy out of it except for the gold Wiimote and a 3DS pouch. I tried to pull together enough points to get the Luigi's Mansion diorama, but wasn't able to at the time.

Edit: Also the Platinum gifts I guess. Majora's Mask soundtrack was great.

georly

There's a quite a lot cool stuff I've got from Club Nintendo over the years.

The Twilight Princess statue is the most impressive. (Yes, I spent years saving up 150,000 stars.)

Rare-Legend-of-Zelda-Gold-Twilight-Princess-Statue.jpg

Also of note: 3 Game card cases, the Zelda carrying case and 3 Pikmin plushies. I currently have 3750 points.

So jealous!

Here's my score:
Ybt4dFr.png

W9cVyje.png

I originally joined to get the Zelda collection game.

After the first year, I learned to ration my points to ensure I get platinum the following. I think my score this year will probably be second place to the first year, with all my unregistered codes.

Here are my loots (though it doesn't show the early ones):
jEOhDng.png

The 'order cancelled' was my 2011 platinum reward, due to a miscommunication w/ nintendo. Each of my brothers had a CN account, and we all shipped to the same address, so nintendo cancelled on me because they thought we were exploiting. By the time I realized, and got them to unlock my CN account, they had no more platinum rewards to ship me :( Hopefully it doesn't affect my perfect platinum status.

Isotope

qZdb5ar.jpg

Accumulated 6,660 coins from Club Nintendo (Currently have 1,060 coins) over the course of its introduction (Still have that very first Platinum Reward; that Mario Hat). I'll probably surpass 7,000 coins today too, as I have six 3DS games to register, and four Wii U games to register (Or if some people need coins, I might just give away some codes, I dunno).

Overall, while the quality has gone down over the previous years, I'm happy with what I received over the years. Numerous posters, game card cases (I have three of them!), the many digital Virtual Console games, and especially the soundracks from Ocarina of Time and the Majora's Mask Platinum reward (And soon-to-be Smash Bros. soundtrack too!).

Kriken

3650 accumulated coins with Gold and two Platinums the past 3 years

Got the ALBW posters, 2 3DS cases, F-Zero, ALTTP and Mario RPG VC games

Dicer

Banned
2x(3)DS cart cases With changeable covers
2x soft cloth carry pouches
DS game and watch Cart
Mario Hat (the one that came with the dominoes pizza card and crap)
Signed poster from Reggie that showed up randomly
Smash Poster set
WW/Pikmin/Luigi poster set
Mario Playing Cards (The clear shiny set)
Various software
ibdaCFp13ITiEV.png

Overall I can't complain...

CengizMan

I haven't registered everything yet, so this isn't the final score. I earned a total of 20665 stars since my first registered product, which apparently was the Game Boy Player on 29/12/2005.

'Murrica here. I'm 40 away from Platinum, which would have worked well with my upcoming Majora's Mask purchase. Since they've stopped though and aren't adding codes to upcoming games, I may not make it to Platinum. May cave though and buy some e-shop stuff. We'll see.

Merch-wise: I got a tote a few years ago that we still use for shopping, recently got the 18-game Legend Of Zelda 3DS holster for my kid and his small collection of games. I may bite the bullet and pick up Zelda on 3DS for Virtual Console as a reward, or wait until Febuary to see what games they plan to add to the collection.

Status-wise: Been a member for almost 4 years over 2 accounts (I honestly forgot my password to my first one and just decided "screw it, I'll start over".) Got gold the first 2 years, when they were actually giving away physical products for status. The calendars were cool. Last year I got platinum and proceeded to get hyped, even so much as to hop on the GAF Platinum train.

Conductor Reggie made an unexpected stop at Disappointment-land and got a digital download instead.

Overall, it was great. I loved Club Nintendo. However, it has started to show its age after the years have gone on. I look forward to the new iteration of whatever it is, and plan to promptly sit my ass down on the GAF Hype Train for that as well.

JoeM86

Over the 12 years, I didn't really make many massive purchases.

Earned 49,850 stars since I got my Gamecube with 6650 currently outstanding, but here it goes

Super Mario 3D World Soundtrack (3000 stars)
Wii Super NES Classic Controller (7000 stars)
Pokémon Box: Ruby & Sapphire (4500 stars)
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition (4500 stars)

I spent a craptonne of stars on Wii Point Cards back in 2007/2008 though. That's where most of my stars went. 24,200 of them in fact.

Also got the free stuff like Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Soundtrack & Mewtwo, Professor Layton Trilogy Box, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Soundtrack etc. though

khaaan

Wait, what??

North American Club Nintendo is closing down shop too?

I'll check how much I racked up over the years, I'm pretty sure I only got gold once and platinum twice. Three times once I'm done registering everything I was holding onto.

Brofield

Platinum except 2011, 2012 and 2013.

Did I get platinum this year though for nothing? Will there still be one final prize for us who did?

Gonna double check all my coins have been registered though. Shame I saved them all for nothing when I so believed NoA was gonna get that golden Twilight Princess statue.

NotLiquid

Pretty sure I've accumulated around up to 20000 stars or so. I've lost track.

Of course I've been able to do jack shit with them because Sweden's Club Nintendo was shut down during the Wii era and Bergsala contrived some bullshit excuse that "the codes that are in the boxes shouldn't even be there". Which is funny since they decided to actually honor the MK8 free game promotion.

FaintDeftone

hnlPq02.png

I've received both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask soundtracks, plus the upcoming Smash Bros one. I have the cool green fabric bin, the Mario hat, the Super Mario character statue (love that thing), a 3DS case, a ton of different posters that I've framed and decorated my son's room with, a couple of freebie games like Game & Wario and Pikmin 3. I think that's about it.

Busaiku

Only things I spent coins on were...
Game & Watch Collection 1 (800)
Kirby & Prince Fluff patch set (350)
The Club Nintendo Messenger Bag (550)
The Super Mario Red 3DS pouch (250)
The Luigi 3DS case (450)
The Gold Nunchuk (900)
The White 3DS XL charging cradle (500)

I got the Platinum rewards every year I got Platinum, as well as whatever bonus rewards (non-coin) rewards there were for those years.

I've got 3050 coins left.
I wanted Game & Watch Collection 2, Game & Watch Ball, Hanafuda cards, and the Luigi's Mansion figure, but sadly I didn't manage to get them in time.

2x(3)DS cart cases With changeable covers
2x soft cloth carry pouches
DS game and watch Cart
Mario Hat (the one that came with the dominoes pizza card and crap)
Signed poster from Reggie that showed up randomly
Smash Poster set
WW/Pikmin/Luigi poster set
Mario Playing Cards (The clear shiny set)
Various software
ibdaCFp13ITiEV.png

Overall I can't complain...

What happened in 2010?

Cyryus

Total: 6015. Had a fun good run! Got a lot of eShop games and accessories, Most recently a red 3DS XL charing cradle and the badass 3DS game case (generic/Mario) one.

Elite_Status.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
9530 total. Might pick up a few more before the end, but I'll definitely be short of the 10000 mark.

gy7OMrj.png

And rewards, although it doesn't appear to list the very early ones.

VtSfZiz.png

fE3AD89.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yes, and it wasn't even the bad year games-wise - Super Mario Galaxy 2, DKCR, Pokemon HG/SS...

What was the Platinum reward in 2010? I am not aware of American rewards system.

This was the 2010 reward. I'm still salty about it.

k4ev8ts.jpg

Yes, and it wasn't even the bad year games-wise - Super Mario Galaxy 2, DKCR, Pokemon HG/SS...

What was the Platinum reward in 2010? I am not aware of American rewards system.

EDIT:

2010 missed again. What happened?

I believe it was a very sparse year for games with Club Nintendo codes. Back then only first party offerings had the codes. I don't believe there were any DS redesigns that year either, with DSi and DSi XL already being released the year prior.

Grym

3585 Total Coins to Date

Platinum Status: 2009,2010,2011,2012, (likely will hit for 2015, if not definitely gold )
Gold Status: 2013
No Elite Status: 2014

Trying to think of things I ordered beyond the elite status rewards...Kirby 20th anniversary medal, the Mario Mushroom Tote, Pikmin Tote, Mario Posters, Mario and Blooper Fans, 2 3DS game cases, I think the rest would be digital download stuff.

My favorite items are the 2010 Super Mario characters figurine (by far) and the Kirby medal (mostly because it was very limited)
$_35.JPG
kirby_medal_2.jpg

My most used items are probably the Totes. We use them every time we head to the pool or beach. Runner up would be the 2009 Mario hat which I used for Halloween one year.

npa189

The site seems bogged down but I got away with a haul over the years. I got all the plats except the year of that awesome statue. Both G&W DS collections, Blue Mario DS pouch, 2 XL charging cradles, 3DS card case, DK posters, LoZ soundtrack CDs, the new NES remix shirt, smash CDs, and I know theres more. 4900 coins!

TheGrue

k4ev8ts.jpg

It's the one year I didn't make Platinum and I actually could have, but I was out of town when I realized the deadline was coming up. To me, is the best prize they gave here in the U.S. and I didn't get it. :(

Kilau

k4ev8ts.jpg

I got this but I gave it to my nephew as a Christmas present. He probably destroyed it.

I also got the gold nunchuk to match my gold Zelda Wii remote. Odd bags and cases also, nothing really amazing though.

2055 coins total.

Got:

- 2011 desktop calendar (gold reward)
- Kid Icarus AR card pack
- SMB retro t-shirt
- 3D Classic: Kid Icarus
- 2013 poster set (platinum reward)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (platinum reward, I think)

Az987

all good things
I think this is bullshit. So instead of revamping what we already have they're completely changing it to something that will probably end up being very similar.

Oh and all the coins we have now will expire in June. Yay!

Top Bottom