• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are you watching the fight or Avengers on May 2nd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

We spoke to reps for Marvel who tell us despite the fact that "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" is slated to open on May 1st -- the same weekend as Mayweather vs. Pacquiao -- there are ZERO plans to push the release.
It's an interesting dilemma for Marvel ... do you really want your big blockbuster going up against a global event that's expected to rake in more than $300 million?? Especially on its 1st Saturday?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/21/were-not-afriad-of-mayweather-vs-pac-man-avengers-2-aint-moving/

guek

Banned
PHJwMf2TMU0fNK_1_m.jpg

Guzim

I didn't realize this was an issue. Age of Ultron's opening weekend will not be impacted by the fight at all.

Entropia

No One Remembers
People can do multiple things on a weekend!

I don't care about the fight. And I'm not sure I'll even go see the Avengers it's first week.

Anth0ny

I will not watch Avengers that Saturday night.

I'll be watching it the at the Thursday 8PM screening.

Doesn't really have to be an either/or.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I might see the Avengers that weekend but not on the 2nd and I definitely won't be wasting my money on a boring boxing PPV.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Lol at people thinking Marvel would push The Mofuckin Avengers cause some dudes are gonna punch each other.

There is almost zero possibility of that fight being anywhere near as satisfying on an entertainment or an aesthetic level as the Avengers movie.

It's not even fucking close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom