• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tantalus working on ???->Wii U port, and Wii U -> XBO/PS4/PC port [Zombi]

GameE

From Tom Crago (Tantalus)

We’re doing that. It hasn’t been announced, but it will be soon. And can I just further add to the mystique and say that it’s big. It’s the biggest thing we’ve ever done. And it’ll come out this year, and I hope it won’t disappoint.

He also said they are taking a Wii U title and porting it to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC

http://nintendoeverything.com/tanta...ng-out-this-year-studios-biggest-project-yet/

Edit: this probably explains it better.

Just to make it clear:

1) Tantalus is working on a port/reworking of a AAA for Wii U. Supposedly this is “the biggest thing [they've] ever done."
2) Tantalus is also porting a Wii U game to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Big Wii U exclusive title? ZombiU doesn't seem that big, maybe Lego City Undercover?

LCU is basically a Nintendo title, so I can't see that being ported. Maybe Zombi U? Wondering what's the big title they're bringing to Wii U.

Wait a minute! You're back?

Takao

Banned
Just to make it clear:

1) Tantalus is working on a port/reworking of a AAA for Wii U. Supposedly this is “the biggest thing [they've] ever done."

Effect

Big Wii U exclusive title? ZombiU doesn't seem that big, maybe Lego City Undercover?

Don't think so. Nintendo help fund and develop I believe Lego City Undercover and still sells it. They're in the credits and everything with that title. There are Nintendo references spread throughout that game as well. I sooner expect them to try and get a sequel before letting that go. Can't be Bayonetta 2 either as they fully funded that game. Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP. None the Sonic games I would expect in general.

ZombiU is really is the only candidate here that was exclusive from a third party (not funded by Nintendo) that wasn't already on other systems or released on other systems at the same time. It's not a big game though. Then again there is no telling what Ubisoft spent on it before finally settling on ZombiU as released. That game was restarted a few times I believe by them and wasn't even originally a Wii U game. So maybe they never made up all that money. Which is completely on them in the end.

ZombiU? Most other bigger games on the system I can think of, Nintnedo has had a hand in.
EDIT: assuming its an exclusive, it has to be ZombiU

mclem

Just to make it clear:

If that's the case, the title change has made it go from only referencing #1 to only referencing #2. It probably should cover both.

LCU is basically a Nintendo title, so I can't see that being ported. Maybe Zombi U? Wondering what's the big title they're bringing to Wii U.

Wait a minute! You're back?

I'm back, baby! Requested a ban to get my life in order. It totally didn't work, but here I am anyway

edit: Back on topic, yes Nintendo had a hand in developing LCU and also published. You can stop quoting me now

Just to make it clear:

1) The optimist in me sort of wants it to be Mass Effect 4.
Realist in me says it's Guitar Hero/Rock Band

2) Yeah, stumped here, though I could see Deus Ex getting another go given it's Square Enix, but that's not really a Wii U.

Hiltz

I'll keep my expectations very low for this one. Not much in the way of major game releases looked interesting to me from last year besides Dark Souls 2 and Wolfenstein... and I bet it ain't either one of those titles Wii U will be getting.

It's hard to guess the Wii U game. It'd likely have to be a western game out now.

I just realized it could be Advanced Warfare. Don't forget, there were constant rumors and listings pointing to it, and I guess Activision wanted Treyarch to focus on this year's game instead but still wanted it to happen.

I doubt it's Destiny. Tomb Raider is WAY too late.

Mithos

Just to make it clear:

This needs to be put in op with highlight, (people will still miss it though)

I dont know who changed the title but its missing the first piece >_>
Yeah thread title is not accurate, there is no BIG Wii U title being ported to PS4/X1/PC, the BIG thing is the Wii U title coming.

Corpekata

Banned
1) The optimist in me sort of wants it to be Mass Effect 4.
Realist in me says it's Guitar Hero/Rock Band

2) Yeah, stumped here, though I could see Deus Ex getting another go given it's Square Enix, but that's not really a Wii U.

Deus Ex DC is also already on PC so that would disqualify that.

Sonic Boom goes multiplat, get hyped
/s

RG0BS1U.gif

Huh? Did the title change? As I understand it, these are two games - one AAA game for Wii U and one Wii U port for the other consoles.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The Wii U game going elsewhere is probably Funky Barn. Probably just quick cash grab ports to other platforms.

The "AAA port for Wii U" is the bigger question.

Thread title is also inaccurate.

Haunted

The "biggest thing they've ever done" means this has to be bigger than Funky Barn, Ben 10, Pony Friends 2 or the GBA port of Top Gear Rally (arguably Tantalus' previous biggest games).

Honome

The "biggest thing they've ever done" means this has to be bigger than Funky Barn, Ben 10, Pony Friends 2 or the GBA port of Top Gear Rally (arguably Tantalus' previous biggest games).

What in the World could be bigger than Pony Friends 2????

Didn't they also port Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3 to Wii U? That's what it says in the article at least.

Hiltz

I wonder if Nintendo is funding this port to the Wii U.

While I am skeptical to believe Nintendo is the one behind publishing it, Iwata did say that if there's a third party title that can make interesting use of the GamePad, then Nintendo would greatly consider supporting a third party title by finding ways to considerably reduce its development cost. There's also confirmation by Iwata that there's more games to announce for Wii U this year, so who knows, it could be a Nintendo published title for all we know. I mean, it's not like third parties have bothered to port any big titles to Wii U last year besides Watch Dogs which was a mistake from the get-go.

Effect

As for the game coming to the Wii U? Can't think of anything really. Tomb Raider is on Xbox. That was the most likely candidate I think that a third party could think would do okay with the user base growing, if slowly. Action adventure, character action game, with puzzles and platforming. Which is what a lot of Nintendo's own games have.

Edit: I guess Guitar Hero is a possibility as well.

Ehhh, I hope it's not a late Advanced Warfare port.

Something more along the lines of Deus Ex: Director's Cut would be great.

The WiiU -> PS4 port is hopefully ZombiU . I'd love it if Ubisoft gave the series a second chance.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's probably Guitar Hero......

Mael

Yes Ubisoft give so much of a shit about ZombiU that they're contracting an external dev that is on the other side of the Earth instead of leveraging the 20 studios or so they have to handle this kind of project....
If it's them handling the port, don't expect much qualities from the port.
And I'm not saying Tantalus is not talented, I'm saying that the necessary rework on this project would need sending Montpellier's people to Australia.

Yes Ubisoft give so much of a shit about ZombiU that they're contracting an external dev that is on the other side of the Earth instead of leveraging the 20 studios or so they have to handle this kind of project....
If it's them handling the port, don't expect much qualities from the port.
And I'm not saying Tantalus is not talented, I'm saying that the necessary rework on this project would need sending Montpellier's people to Australia.

Why? Mass Effect 3 and DE:HR turned out fine.

Top Bottom