• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect (iOS/Android) launches in Japan

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Square Enix usually localizes the games that do well in Japan and are in brands that have succeeded overseas, so we can see how it performs to determine if it will ever come over.

So far, it's charting pretty well, but it's so super early that I wouldn't put much weight in it either direction.

Also, some new screenshots and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyRzRH_G_1E

1242x2208bbmqsxt.jpg
1242x2208bbn9s9y.jpg
1242x2208bbrrs0g.jpg

1242x2208bbw2s49.jpg
1242x2208bbqgs8s.jpg

Eolz

It looks really nice.
Doubt they'll localize it since they didn't do it previously but that'd be cool.

Even better would be Bravely Third after Project Octopath obviously though lol.

Caim

I'm enjoying it so far, it would be really neat if it gets localized.

Doesn't use a stamina system like most gacha games do either.

EDarkness

Looking at this just reminds me that I need to finish the first two. I haven't even started the second game. Forgot how cool the music is in this game, too.

Jawmuncher

Considering we got kingdom hearts. This surely has to come to the west by the end of the year. The BD franchise seems to be holding strong enough worldwide.

chrono01

I'm enjoying it so far, it would be really neat if it gets localized.

Doesn't use a stamina system like most gacha games do either.
This is actually a negative for me, personally. From my personal experience, anytime there's a lack of a stamina system the core gameplay is usually super-grindy to make up for it. But hey, it could be different here!

I'm interested in giving it a try, but only if it's localized. I'm guessing it won't be, but I guess time will tell.

Considering we got kingdom hearts. This surely has to come to the west by the end of the year. The BD franchise seems to be holding strong enough worldwide.
There are dozens of "decent" SE mobile titles that never got the localization treatment though. That popular Dragon Quest (hoshidora) game comes to mind.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope it does well so they can continue the series on dedicated platforms as well. I see they went back to using the music composed by Sound Horizon's Revo, they really shouldn't have changed composers with the sequel.

Caim

This is actually a negative for me, personally. From my personal experience, anytime there's a lack of a stamina system the core gameplay is usually super-grindy to make up for it. But hey, it could be different here!

I'm interested in giving it a try, but only if it's localized. I'm guessing it won't be, but I guess time will tell.

True that's what made me drop SAO.

I'm not that far in BDFE so that could change.

Quonny

Been playing this a bit today. I don't really feel it. The art style is a little off. They're chibi but like still kinda realistic. And the gameplay is kinda boring. No comment on the gacha fairness.

Presentation is nice, tho.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It looks really nice.
Doubt they'll localize it since they didn't do it previously but that'd be cool.

? I think Project Octopath was a different dev team just with the Bravely producer(at least I think it was the producer).

Eolz

? I think Project Octopath was a different dev team just with the Bravely producer(at least I think it was the producer).

Ah, didn't know it was the case. I thought that was it since they have a Facebook page for their team now, and it's for both Bravely and Octopath.

Maxinas

I'm playing the second atm and... I can't recall a single song (except for those they imported from the first bd...)

Yeah the battle theme is the only memorable one for obvious reasons. I really enjoyed activating the specials for each of the characters in the first game, particularly Ringabells, but the themes for the individual characters in bravely second were forgettable.

Arkeband

Banned
Yeah the battle theme is the only memorable one for obvious reasons. I really enjoyed activating the specials for each of the characters in the first game, particularly Ringabells, but the themes for the individual characters in bravely second were forgettable.

2's music is really weak, they made a really poor decision not doing everything in their power to bring back Revo and that pan flute.

The story is also pretty stupid, now they're just chasing macguffins. 1 had a great cliffhanger because I was emotionally invested in Tiz and the cast, I don't care about these people.

chrono01

True that's what made me drop SAO.

I'm not that far in BDFE so that could change.
Yeah, SAO is (by far) the most grindy of the non-stamina games I've played. I know GBF is grindy too, but SAO took it to another level. Multiple events at the same time too, I just couldn't keep up. :/

I'm interested in seeing what you think about this one! I hope it's not as bad as SAO.

not really. main dev is still silicon studio, same with the main bravely games. core personnel might be different a bit, like for example the main chara designer for octopath seems to be ikushima. if octopath's assistant producer & director are the same as main bravely games, I don't see bravely third will be worked at least while octopath isn't completed yet

2's music is really weak, they made a really poor decision not doing everything in their power to bring back Revo and that pan flute.

The story is also pretty stupid, now they're just chasing macguffins. 1 had a great cliffhanger because I was emotionally invested in Tiz and the cast, I don't care about these people.

revo is too busy with his sound horizon's 9th story & 10th anniversary stuff at that time. I've no doubt that asano & others tried to get him to do second's soundtrack at first before approaching ryo as substitute.

Graciaus

Every game like this I download and play for only a few days. This just reminds me I still need to play the second game.

KuroNeeko

It looks really nice.

I think (hope) you're going to be happy to be wrong! ^^

Top Bottom