• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series in the Works at Paramount+ [The Hollywood Reporter]

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

Paramount+ is teaming with its studio counterpart, Paramount Television Studios, for a live-action adaptation of the 1999 cult favorite sci-fi spoof. Sources say the project is in the early development stages and a search is underway for a writer to pair with Mark Johnson, the Breaking Bad alum who exec produced the film and is returning for the scripted update. Johnson and his Gran Via Productions banner are the only execs currently attached to the project.

In an age of constant adaptations, reboots, and remakes, this is one I am glad for - at least on paper.

So is this going to be a tv series length retelling/reimagining of the original movie or is this to actually be the actual in-movie tv show?

Looking forward to more Guy Fleegman

fleegmankliag.gif

Mark Johnson, the Breaking Bad alum who exec produced the film and is returning for the scripted update

I can see Bob Odenkirk taking over Alan Rickman's role...

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
If you're somewhat of a competent writer today, you could make serious buck. There's so much content being produced today and that's pretty overwhelming. It's why I also think there's a decline in quality, there's just not enough talent.

StueyDuck

Ehhh... I mean not only is star trek basically a parody of itself you also have the orville (which admittedly stopped being parody and became great after the first couple of episodes)

I just feel like this will be "gritty" and "edgy" which will appeal to the lowest common denominator of stupid person who thinks the boys or invincible is clever because of blood and boobs.

They'd have to have a really unique premise to make this be great. Movie actors being thrown into real situations shtick will wear thin pretty quick. It works in movie form but 8 hours later after 9 episodes or so... I guess we'll see

Make the TV show the actual scifi show from the movie, or better, about the people as they are making the show. Plenty of scope for stories without being another Orville.

Reliving the movie would be a mistake imho.

Yerd

There is no way this will be good.

The movie has no business being as good as it is. They are trying to catch lightning again, and it WILL not happen.

Laptop1991

I thought the movie was good, but you don't know what kind of writing your going to get nowadays, so it's another wait and see

Top Bottom