• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Netflix’ The Pentravrate - Mike Myers

I’m surprised I don’t see a topic on this show when searching.

Mike Myers is back! Watched first 3 episodes and it’s Mike Myers is exploring secret societies.

He made fun of Alex Jones and it was spot on. A lot of other comedians appear as well.

Only 6 eps 30 min each, maybe it should have been a movie or originally planned that way?

People fans of Myers will find this amusing. Almost like it’s a Austin Powers level comedy, instead of secret agent it’s secret societies lol

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'll be totally honest. That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. Write up in the OP didn't sell it to me either and the reviews seem to be very average.

Sorry. Going to give this one a miss.

Catphish

bored d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

JCK75

I feel like Mike Myers sold his soul to the devil to be really funny, and then raped a baby sometime around Austin Powers 3 and the Devil was like..fuck this I already got you.... gimme that funny back..
he has been cringe ever since and I'm putting money in this being extra cringe.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've watched the first episode and so far it's just dumb enough for me to enjoy.

I can see a lot of people not liking it though.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Probably the most embarrassing stretch (for American moviegoers taste) of a comedian becoming the "it person" in Hollywood was for Myers lol

nush

I feel like Mike Myers sold his soul to the devil to be really funny, and then raped a baby sometime around Austin Powers 3 and the Devil was like..fuck this I already got you.... gimme that funny back..

The last good role he had was Studio 54.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It’s not too bad so far. Got a Garth Merenghi vibe to it minus Matt Berry. Also I think the hallway from the pilot is the one used in Austin powers.

It’s an ok show. I don’t see it becoming a massive hit more a cult thing.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Oh Mike Myers has heard of the word Taint and is over using it so far. I can imagine him going oh that's what the younger generation use, I too am hip.

Vestal

Gold Member
The Netflix joke in episode 2 had me legit crying. Lots of funny moments through out. The acting is rough in a few areas, but who cares lol. Jeremy Irons intros were amazing lol.

Came in expecting a Mike Meyers comedy and was not disappointed.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Probably the most embarrassing stretch (for American moviegoers taste) of a comedian becoming the "it person" in Hollywood was for Myers lol
I'd give that title to Dane Cook myself. They really pushed him hard and got absolutely nothing good from it. At least Myers gave us some good laughs with Austin Powers.

Sybrix

I'll be totally honest. That trailer did absolutely nothing for me. Write up in the OP didn't sell it to me either and the reviews seem to be very average.

Sorry. Going to give this one a miss.

At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. This microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. IDKFA, if I were using that microscope right now... I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your comment.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's crazy how that Love Guru movie was so bad it literally killed his then shining career for over a decade.

I don't feel like resubbing to Netflix, but if I find a way to watch this I'll give it a shot.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
At Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the tunneling electron microscope. This microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe. IDKFA, if I were using that microscope right now... I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your comment.

Yet, you were interested enough to reply 🤔

Lunarorbit

YyPBrCu.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Watched it.

It’s just the typical gag assault that myers has always done.

Is it Austin Powers good? Hell no. But I had enough laughs along the way to make it worth.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Is this a limited series. If so yeah it wasn’t too bad. Not the best but. It bad. Had a few laughs here and there.

Worth watching if only to pass the time. Lol.
Jeremy Irons killed it.

Watched the first episode. I think I'm just surprised that this exists as a new show in 2022, because it feels like something Mike Myers might have made 15 years ago.

Rran

Groovy baby yeah
Classic Frasier! I've considered using this quote conversationally but I'm concerned I'll mangle it somewhere along the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom