• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Sims’ Movie in the Works with Margot Robbie’s

Draugoth

Gold Member
Margot-Robbie-and-The-Sims.jpeg

The Sims, one of the biggest names in the computer game world, is heading to the big screen.

Kate Herron, best known for directing season one of the genre-bending Marvel series Loki, is attached to tackle an adaptation of the game in a hot package that has hit the studios and streamers this week. Herron will also co-write the screenplay with Briony Redman.

LuckyChap, the production company run by Margot Robbie, Tom Ackerly, Josey McNamara and Sophia Kerr and which is still basking in the glow of producing Barbie, will produce the feature along with Roy Lee and Miri Yoon of Vertigo Entertainment. Electronic Arts, which published the game, will also be involved in a creative and producing capacity.

via Hollywood Reporter

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Gold Member
For the love of fuck.

I mean i know Hollywood completely ran out of original ideas many years ago, but this is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even the video game adaptation barrel.

Are they truly so creatively bankrupt ? Can they absolutely not think of new ideas at all ?

For the love of fuck.

I mean i know Hollywood completely ran out of original ideas many years ago, but this is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Even the video game adaptation barrel.

Are they truly so creatively bankrupt ? Can they absolutely not think of new ideas at all ?
Ideas for a Sims movie have been floating around for 20 years.....

Sybrix

I assume this will be like the Lego Movie, there will be some 3rd wall moments of a 'Player'.

Would also guess it's a comedy, having those moments of buliding rooms with no doors, fireworks being letter off inside, babies being made, grim reaper coming etc.

Could be funny i guess.

Top Bottom