• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Wednesday” S2 Ditches Love For Horror

bitbydeath

Good, that was easily the worst part of the first season, that and the being for violence, yet against violence depending on the situation shenanigans.

Whilst appearing on the latest edition of Variety’s Actors on Actors, Ortega confirmed she’s set as a producer on the show’s second season and is getting very hands-on in the process:

“It was naturally already very collaborative. So in preparation for a second season, we wanted to get ahead of the curve and make sure that we could start the conversations earlier, and I’m just so curious. I want to see the outfits, new characters that are coming in, scripts, and they were gracious enough to let me put the producer hat on.”
We’ve decided we want to lean into the horror aspect of the show a little bit more. Because it is so lighthearted, and a show like this with vampires and werewolves and superpowers, you don’t want to take yourself too seriously. We’re ditching any romantic love interest for Wednesday, which is really great.”

JayK47

Romance is so not inclusive. I enjoyed the first season. I hope the second season is good in spite of any changes.

Doom85

I still need to watch the show, but I am glad Jenna seems to get the character and is being given more creative involvement.

Great Job Reaction GIF

NickFire

I'm ok either way on this issue. My only complaint was the lack of consistency on being in favor of bad things. But that did not ruin the show for me. I think Ortega nailed the role overall and I am looking forward to S2.

Top Bottom