• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 in 2 Canadians will get cancer in their lifetime

Yeah, the higher the life expectancy gets, this will happen. Hell, something like 80 percent of men who reach 80 will technically have prostate cancer.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
As a Canadian hypochondriac with a family of history of cancer, I could've done without seeing that headline.

Kindekuma

Banned
As one who had cancer, fuuuuck that.

Guys, check your nuts. Girls, feel your boobs. Get a blood test, mammogram, prostate exam, whatever. Just stay on top of your health and try to catch anything that could potentially be more serious as early as possible.

Oppo

the stat is a little misleading. also it's not exactly out of line with most other 1st world nations.

that said, yeah, we're all gettin' the big C, until our new shiny chrome chassis are available.

Vibranium

Banned
Damn, I really hope my family and immediate family don't end up with it, I've already lost friends to cancer, I can tell you it's awful to watch. I have to keep eating well, exercising, going for check-ups and basically hope my genetics don't screw me over. If I get cancer, well I'll deal with that hand when I'm dealt it I suppose.

Sean C

But why though? Why does it seem like cancer is super duper common now? I too remember cancer being this boogie man that was definitely real and not uncommon but not exactly super common either. Now absolutely everyone will have cancer or so it seems.
One of the main reasons for cancer's increased prominence is that we've gotten way better at preventing people from dying of other things. As The Emperor of All Maladies noted, we've killed off or neutralized so many of cancer's competitors over the years.

Top Bottom