• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 Films To See In November (what are you watching?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a mod, I would hijack the OP and edit every number in the list to be for Free Birds.

R8P0hOJ.jpg

And each description would be a slightly different telling of Free Birds.

R8P0hOJ.jpg

Also, I'd change Expendable's name to Free Birds

R8P0hOJ.jpg

And his avatar to the lead character from Free Birds.

R8P0hOJ.jpg

And I'd tag every member as Free Birds

R8P0hOJ.jpg

And perma-ban any son of a bitch who ever made a post that didn't mention Free Birds.

R8P0hOJ.jpg

And if anyone ever said one negative thing about Free Birds...

R8P0hOJ.jpg

I'd pay a guy to go to their house in the middle of the night, break in, tie up their family and just beat the living shit out of that brash, vulgar motherfucker who had the audacity to decry the testament to our lord, God, and savior that is Free Birds.

R8P0hOJ.jpg

Sun Drugs

Thor & Oldboy. Already seen Mr. Nobody which was frankly one of the most indescribably boring movies I've ever sat through.

A friend of mine said the same thing about Mr. Nobody when we saw it. As for me, it is one of the most incredible films movies I have ever seen. I'll be watching it again, for sure.

I mean, I get why a 4-hour documentary about Berkeley might be interesting to some, but why not just do a mini-series like we do in the UK such as Educating Essex, Educating Yorkshire that go into equal or more depth and reaches a much wider audience of millions? I don't know the state of documentaries in the USA, but here in UK we thrive on them from Channel 4 and BBC pretty much weekly.

Or is the narrative behind this Berkeley doc (I have no clue what this uni is) that they want to prove they're as good as the Stanford/Harvard types?

Jarlaxle

A friend of mine said the same thing about Mr. Nobody when we saw it. As for me, it is one of the most incredible films movies I have ever seen. I'll be watching it again, for sure.
That's good to hear. I thought it looked really interesting.

overcast

Probably just Frozen for me. Really slow November this year. When does Her release? Getting mixed reports for some reason.

Blader

Saw Nebraska the other night, thought it was a nice, sweet little movie even if it didn't impress as much as The Descendants did imo. Checking out Dallas Buyers Club tomorrow night and probably Thor on Friday.

overcast said:
Probably just Frozen for me. Really slow November this year. When does Her release? Getting mixed reports for some reason.

NY/LA release is December 20, wide release is sometime in January.

Pau

Quite a full month for me, especially since I have yet to see Gravity or 12 Years a Slave. And I'll definitely catch The Wind Rises since I'm in NYC. Same with At Berkeley. Maybe I'll spend this weekend at the IFC.

Otherwise, I'm gonna watch The Book Thief, Thor, Frozen.

overcast

NY/LA release is December 20, wide release is sometime in January.
Ah okay, thanks. Might make a trip to LA to watch it early. Seems like it's getting great early impressions.

December looks to be great this year with that, Llewyn Davis and Wolf of Wall Street.

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
Mr Nobody has been out since 2009 and just now getting to the states? If they edited it a bit from the version I saw, it's a pretty interesting movie. It's was kind of a chore to sit through but the ending was cool.

Lijik

Thor and Oldboy because im legitimately interested, Frozen and Freebirds because I see every animated film (and right now Im more interested in Freebirds because it looks like a surreal trainwreck)

daveo42

Banned
Hunger Games and Thor on my list for the month, as I am trying to stay away from Oldboy as much as possible. Might see Dallas Buyers Club with a friend as we tries to prove to me that Matthew McConaughey is a really great actor.

Archurro

I mean, I get why a 4-hour documentary about Berkeley might be interesting to some, but why not just do a mini-series like we do in the UK such as Educating Essex, Educating Yorkshire that go into equal or more depth and reaches a much wider audience of millions? I don't know the state of documentaries in the USA, but here in UK we thrive on them from Channel 4 and BBC pretty much weekly.

Or is the narrative behind this Berkeley doc (I have no clue what this uni is) that they want to prove they're as good as the Stanford/Harvard types?

I'm obviously biased as I currently am an undergrad at Berkeley, but Berkeley as an institution and culture seems to exist within ideas of ideology and pragmatism in complete contradicton of each other. And also influenced is crazy bureaucratic stuff since funding is getting cut. I've only seen the trailer, but even from what I've heard from word of mouth, the film captures the essence of what Berkeley, the city and the unversity, is.

And also mini-series documentarys don't really exists here in the states(at least for high-budget ones)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If Alexander Payne makes a movie, my ass will be in the seats. I don't do that for most directors, not even the Coens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom